Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear
Cool 
RE: AirFit P10 versus DreamWear
Wish I'd seen this thread earlier, but I concur with many of the observations posted here. I've just recently posted on another forum my initial experience trying out these two masks over the last few days, and if it's OK I''ll add those observations here.

Quote:So I tried the Dreamwear.

In a nutshell, pros are:

- minimal contact and equipment on face
- very comfortable nosepiece just below nose, not nasal pillows up against your nostrils
- hose management -- one of the best features is the hose is on top of your head, not in your face
- fleece wraps are included

Cons are:

- venting is not just at the elbow on top of your head but also from the front of nosepieice
- venting from nosepiece can be strong and noisy, especially if it hits pillow or bedsheets
- can take a bit of tweaking to get the fit just right -- not too tight, but not too loose to reduce tendancy to leak (loudly)
- still had some cheek marks despite the fleece wraps

It's a good mask, though, and for now will be part of my rotation, with some more tweaking.

Last night I alternated to the Resmed Airfit P10, which I just got.

First impressions:

- very minimal, light, comfortable
- good seal, no leaking- after being spoiled by the Dreamwear's headtop hose, it's kind of a bummer to have the hose in my face again
- as with the Nuance Pro, I get the feeling, maybe unfounded, that nasal pillows will enlarge my nostrils over time
- will definitely need some cheek pads because of crease marks

I'd just add that IMO to make the Dreamwear better they should take a cue from the P10's diffused venting system, and to make the P10 better they should make the hose connection on the mask swivel rather than fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried the dreamwear for a night after using the p10 airfit and I find the dreamwear more intrusive but not by much.  I think it can be a good as a second mask when properly worn for a while. The advantage is that I do not think you'd need the C-Flex setting with the dreamwear, thus I can use that with a lower pressure. I have returned the mask to Amazon (I do not need two and I have ordered only the small nasal pillows). There is a soft material one can put on the side where the face touches to ease comfort. Still the p10 airfit is a better mask (only if I did not get a defective one, I had to cut some holes, where the mesh did not breathe properly)
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to get a P10 because there is a product, nozeseal, that you adhere the pillow to you nose and no headgear. Expensive just to try the adhesives but may be worth it with no head gear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,691 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,301 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,149 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,006 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,817 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,268 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.