Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Airfit F20
RE: Airfit F20
I am now two months into CPAP therapy and been struggling to find a mask that won’t leak.  I have the ResMed Airfit F20 but was having too many leaks and the AirTouch foam cushion seemed to be the answer.  So I went ahead and spent the $$$ (expensive) thinking this was going to resolve my leak problems.

Two nights of trials with worse leaks than the silicone Airfit cushion then last night the foam somehow scratched my nose getting dried blood on the foam cushion.  Carefully tried to clean it with wipes this morning which caused a small tear.

Expensive trial but the foam AirTouch is not the answer I was hoping for.   Easily tears, leaks, can’t wash, and not worth the extra care required when it doesn’t resolve the leak issue.

Your mileage may vary
Post Reply Post Reply

The AirFit has turned out to be one of the best of the Full Face Masks that I've tried. That includes the Air Touch, Simplus, Amara View, and the DreamWear.
As has been mentioned before the head gear is the best out there. The magnet attachments make it easy to put on and take quickly. The mask it self is comfortable
and seals well. Easy to take apart and put back together. The only thing it lacks is a defuser for the vent which would be nice to have but not a deal breaker.
Note: When adjusting leave the nose area fairly loose and tighten just enough to stop any leaks. It doesn't take much and it'll surprise you how well it'll hold.
This turning into my go to mask. I love the P10 but hate taping.

Note: They updated the Air Vent since I wrote this and it no longer is a problem.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the review!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone find the F20 head gear rubs along your ears, where they “attach” to your head? I have sores where the frame contacts this part of my ear ...
Post Reply Post Reply
Questions like this are best asked in the Main Forum. This is the Review Forum.

But to answer you question generically, go to YouTube and watch video(s) on how to size and put on the mask. It is possible there is an adjustment you are missing. I once had sore ears after cleaning my headgear. I couldn't figure out what was wrong so I did the YouTube thing. I was forgetting to adjust a strap across the top of my head which raised the offending strap.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,150 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,124 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,999 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,815 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,068 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.