Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Airfit F20
RE: Airfit F20
(04-28-2017, 06:17 PM)wrangler Wrote: Freakin awesome!  Twice as comfortable as my quatrro pro.  I added a pad a cheek because I have a long beard.  It works perfect for me?

I continue to love this mask.  I am very pleased.  I am grateful I got it.  Just sayin...
Post Reply Post Reply
dagmar, I had to break my f-20 in, Initially it felt it wasn't wide enough and had pressure points. You have a 30 day return, I'd give it a couple of weeks before deciding.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Just happened to see that there is a new cushion that fits the F-20 - dubbed the AirTouch F-20. Same mask except with a cushion that is made from memory foam instead of silicon. Interchangeable with the current cushions. If I hadn't just received my 3 month supply I would have ordered it. Be interesting to see how people like it.
Post Reply Post Reply
$60 replacement cushion every thirty days seems really high
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the F-20 for the last 2 weeks, and I like it. It seemed a little stiff on the sides for the first few nights, but no longer -- perhaps it just needed to be broken in for a bit; in any event, the F-20 is comfortable now. The seal is excellent -- I like to wear FFMs as loose as possible without triggering leaks, and so far the F-20 does a better job with that than the F-10, Simplus and Amara View. This is my new favorite FFM.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2017, 02:55 PM)robertbuckley Wrote: Just happened to see that there is a new cushion that fits the F-20 - dubbed the AirTouch F-20.  Same mask except with a cushion that is made from memory foam instead of silicon.  Interchangeable with the current cushions.  If I hadn't just received my 3 month supply I would have ordered it.  Be interesting to see how people like it.

I am curious about the F-20 with memory foam also.
Anyone try this option yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
Amara View user here. Tried the F20 last night, and I couldn't find a fit that didn't pinch my nostrils closed. The F20 almost acted like a clamp on my nose. Sadly, not for me. But the magnetic straps and the headgear design I think I prefer over the Amara View. If only I could breath as nicely as I can through my Amara View!
Post Reply Post Reply
loosen off the top adjustments till it leaks, then adjust till it just stops, It's very deceptive how loose it should be. It seems like it's on at a funny angle.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2017, 01:07 AM)ajack Wrote: loosen off the top adjustments till it leaks, then adjust till it just stops, It's very deceptive how loose it should be. It seems like it's on at a funny angle.

My problem, with any FF including the Amara View (Airtouch F20 works best so far) is I can adjust for a perfect fit and seal on the machine's fit test (20cm), but when I fall asleep, my neck relaxes and my chin drops.
This loosens the lower straps, causing severe leaks around my chin.
Tightening the lower straps helps, but displaces the top when my neck is not relaxed.... resulting in having to overtighten everything to an uncomfortable level.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
You will probably have trouble with any mask. Have you tried a chin strap or a soft foam, cervical collar, which also keeps the airway straight and can prevent clusters?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,150 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,122 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,996 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,814 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,068 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.