Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AliExpress Ozone Cleaner - My Solution
AliExpress Ozone Cleaner - My Solution
[attachment=10120]

I have been using CPAP machines for almost seven years, first diagnosed in Australia.

When I came back to the US I was shocked to find that insurers mostly will NOT provide medical support for CPAP therapy.  And my insurer would only allow me to use a supplier Aprial Healthcare that I believe to be incompetent and financially unviable.

I became interested in higher-level cleaning options but found the SoClean machine to be grossly overpriced (as is much of the equipment and supplies used by apnea patients).  There frankly isn't any excuse for it given that only the CPAP machines themselves need FDA evaluation.  

Healthcare costs in the US are another topic, not my rant here.

After extensive research I purchased an ozone generator designed for CPAP use from Ali Express - a competitor to Amazon, based in China, which I've found to be reliable and relatively fast.
Commercial Link Removed.  Suggest search AliExpress for "CPAP BPAP Cleaner Ozone Sterilizer Disinfector Sanitizer"

I can report the ozone generators purchased from them work reliably and are well-designed for easy patient use.  They are rechargeable, run for 30 minutes automatically (with the last five minutes blowing fresh air through the connection) and recharge easily.  

They were less than $50 each.  

As much of the stuff we buy comes from Chinese manufacturers (INCLUDING the SoClean) I have become a big supporter of Ali Express in many cases.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AliExpress Ozone Cleaner - My Solution
I did the search and found a number of vendors who appear to be selling the same machine. 

I have a question. Are you using this to clean JUST the hose and mask and letting the ozone vent into the air or does it extend to cleaning the machine itself?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] DK-600S Ultrasonic Cleaner by DK Sonic RayBee 7 5,249 03-16-2022, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Aldebaran
Angry [Product Review] Good Morning Snore Solution Review kfujioka 5 9,315 07-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Jim Bronson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.