Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Aromatherapy for CPAP [copied from old forum]
Aromatherapy for CPAP [copied from old forum]
jeffy1958 Wrote:4

Not a bad idea.  You place a fabric disc about the size of a quater in a little holder.  Place a few drops of "scent" on the disc and place it in front of your machine intake.  There is a very wide variety of scents.  Tangerine, Black Chery, Air Candy, Dark Chocolate, Calm, Creme, Fresh Comfort, Lavender etc; etc;.  

My personal favorite is Calm:  Made from a blend of eucalyptus, French lavender and rosemary. A natural menthol cooling sensation helps soothe and relax users. Calm has no camphor, but provides a mild natural menthol cooling sensation.

The only problem is the amount (number of drops) to place on the disc.  To many and you are overpowered by the scent.  So you  start out with one maybe two and go from there.  How long does the scent last?  Not sure.  I fall asleep way before that and when I wake up it is mostly gone.  

It beats smelling some of the other oders you can get coming down the hose straight to the Olfactory System!!!  
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Aromatherapy for CPAP [copied from old forum]
This covers alot of different purposes, we also use Olbas oil for colds and other vapour releasing oils to clear blocked noses. I also use Joss sticks in my room and cented candels.
Post Reply Post Reply
This therapy sounds interesting! What type pf oils, etc. do you use and where is the best place to look for these items? remember I'm in Canada.Dont-know

Thanks
Bompa
Post Reply Post Reply
I had gotten the sample pack to start with (when I was first starting out)....there was a scent that I didn't like at first, but I actually felt pretty good the next morning...for a change. But, I didn't make a note on what the scent was...and still haven't figured out what it was. Hopefully it wasn't a scent unique to the sample pack...or altered by coming in a larger bottle Huh

At least now I can sleep without the scents...though there are some nights, where I need something....usually 'Calm' .... Even though I have a couple FFMs as backup, I can't seem to train myself to mouth breath when I'm stuffed up....

I have other scent products/systems...but haven't used them in conjunction with xPAP....

I also own and use(d) other products sold by the company that makes the aromatherapy set.

The Dreamer.
The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased som Essencia Lavender Oil this morning and will try some maybe tonight.
If anyone has any advice, suggestions, guidance for me, I would appreciate hearing from you.
I'm just a little nervous about trying this.
THX
Bompa
Post Reply Post Reply
I know we have to talk in code here for reasons that I'm sure are logical at some point. Anyone willing to post what supplier number we're talking about?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2014, 07:58 PM)CKJ411 Wrote: Anyone willing to post what supplier number we're talking about?

You resurrected a 2+ year-old thread, and I think the original poster no longer frequents the forum.

Not sure where he was getting his smelly stuff... but just about any DME supplier offers that sort of thing, I think. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Easy to find. Go to any of the online suppliers and do a search for "aroma". I found it in kit form at Supplier #1. But the product itself is called "Pur-Sleep" so just Google that to find them.

As for the reason for the "code" you mention, simply re-read the rules to refresh your memory as to the logic.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went for a paper clip and some cotton wool together with aromatherapy oil last night. Worked fine, but a wee bit fussy but did the job.
Had to make do as no supplier of the pukka stuff here.
Failure is NOT an option.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have always lamented the fact that I cannot use Vicks Vaporub if I have a chest cold because with nasal pillows theres nowhere to smear it.

Dunno if you can somehow get it through the air inlet
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Sleep Number Bed; Perfect CPAP companion! [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 13,323 12-17-2017, 03:41 PM
Last Post: jaw2004
  [Product Review] The Contour CPAP Pillow [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 11,692 12-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  [Product Review] ResMed 12/24 volt DC Converter for S9 Series Machines [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 21,122 05-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Last Post: TorontoCPAPguy
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 8,958 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Product Review] NeilMed NasoGel drip free Gel Spray [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,067 02-17-2012, 11:47 PM
  [Product Review] Seatec SleepTight Chinstrap [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 5,206 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.