Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Best nasal pillows for sleepers that move around?
RE: Best nasal pillows for sleepers that move around?
Somehow the idea of pillows just puts me off although I may try some next payday.
I started cpap May 1 with the PR Wisp. I feel so much better but SH is complaining about leaks and sometimes air escapes my mouth and wakens me. I have tried the small/medium nose piece a touch too snug and the large a touch too big. My thrashing about at night has eased somewhat so perhaps in time it will work out.
I bought it because of the swivel quick disconnect and it is great to just unhook to hit the head three times each night. I also liked the concept of the over the head loop to take the strain but that defeats the quick disconnect. I also like to saddle up and read for a while until I pass out and the hose would seem an obstruction - but then I haven't tried it yet. Maybe tonight.
From what I read here there really is no way to predict what will work for any given person.
I think a laser scan and a custom printed mask is the way to go and if I had the slightest idea how to make that happen I would. Ooops maybe I should keep this idea quiet. LOL !
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the AirFit P10 and I turn a lot from side to side. For the most part the nasal pillows stay put, but every once in awhile I bump them when turning over which knocks them loose. I think that can happen with any mask though. I have also tried the Pilaro Q and it seems to work well for me also.
Sleep-well

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't tolerate having my mouth covered, so nasal pillows are good. I've tried the Wisp, but it leaks a lot and covers my vision too much. I like to read a few pages on my Kindle while falling asleep.

OK, for anyone who wants to know about the RS option for the Nuance fabric frame, the Phillips part number is 1105405.

Looks like this:

Have not been able to get actual measurements, but it looks a lot shorter from the pic than the standard one that comes with the headgear and the pillows in a set.

Of course, as of this posting, I've not yet been able to order it - DME was supposed to ring me back but didn't.
Rolleyes

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried out the Wisp for a week or so and found that it did a good job and I love the swivel and quick release at the mask but it also was killing the bridge of my nose too with redness, sores, and acne. I did the bandaid trick and it helped a lot but also dried out my skin so the redness persisted. But I was getting a good seal. The DME actually gave me a free pack of PR nasal mask gel pads but I havent tried them out yet because I switched over to the Nuance Pros and they're great for me.

I move around from side to back sleeping often and it hasnt lost a seal once I figured out the optimal setting for the headgear. The gel pads do a good job of keeping it in place on my cheeks and nostrils and are soft and comfortable.

I also wish the headgear was a tad smaller. I have the unfortunate genetics of a small head and a large, wide nose. So I need the L nasal piece but the headgear velcro is going up and over to an odd angle soemtimes when I'm securing it to my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, can report success with my DME! Despite what at least 2 sales staff told me, they DO have the "Reduced Size" RS frame for the Nuance fabric mask in stock. Just didn't have it listed in the database the sales people can see.

So, they're sending it out to me FedEx along with a Nuance fabric kit.

The supervisor who tracked it down for me was very grateful that I pursued the inquiry, and they now have that part, Philips Part number 1105405, listed into their product database.

Will report on how it fits my smaller head when I get a chance to try it, and hope that it helps me to solve the Large Leak problem I'm having.

I guess I'm not permitted to list my DME here, and they're not on the supplier list on this board, so I can't even refer to them by number. But so far, they get an A+ from me for responsiveness and service.

Post Reply Post Reply
Again, you can say their name, just not their website address (unless the two are the same).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2015, 08:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Again, you can say their name, just not their website address (unless the two are the same).

When I got my first machine, they were called CPAP Care Club but their new name is actually the same as their website domain name.

For a while after I moved, I tried to deal with a nearby company, but they lost their Medicare status, so I had to work with this one which had no local outlets, but does work with Medicare customers.

If someone with the necessary credentials wants to consider putting them on the supplier list, I guess I could pass on that information via PM?

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's pictures of the Reduced Size fabric frame for the Nuance fabric mask, next to the frame that comes in the kit for the Nuance mask.

One inch shorter on each side. Does NOT fit the Nuance Pro mask which has the tabs on the back part of the headgear, not on the front frame.

Post Reply Post Reply
So it fits the standard headgear? I look forward to seeing you do a review in the Nuance review thread.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ask-Review
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it fits the standard fabric Nuance headgear. I've just briefly tried on that mask with both versions of the front frame.

On the standard one, I had to pull the velcro tabs forward all the way to the nosepiece insert area. With the RS shorter one, it seems like it will pull just half way down that area.

I'll try it for sleeping tonight for the first time. Maybe in a few days write a review. I vaguely remember there was another forum member who talked about having a smaller head, so I suppose I'm not the only one.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,686 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed Swift LT Nasal Pillows system [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 2 8,417 05-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Sallybags
  [Product Review] CPAP Pro Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 9,544 05-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Last Post: stew0001
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,610 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.