Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] CMS50F Disposable probe p/n 230800037 ESC 0037
CMS50F Disposable probe p/n 230800037 ESC 0037
DESCRIPTION. usb10p left bending new bind oxygen probe          

Mine just arrived a couple of hours ago and I am wearing one now as I type.
The readings are much more stable then when using the standard probe, I experience tachycardia during the daytime and when using my BiPAP. I take Beta blockers to help control mt heart.

I have experienced times when the standard sensor would come off my finger at night. I would also find in the reports large numbers of artifacts. When I found these online I decided to give them a try. They somewhat remind me of what I used when in the hospital. Except to move or remove a sensor in there required a whole new sensor to be installed. Several times I had to have new sensors as I would experience irritation after a few days on the same finger.

These, all you need to do is replace the tape. I decided to just take a 5-6" section of electrical tape and it works wonderfully. The supplied tapes (5 per sensor) have 2-square punch outs for alignment on your finfer But medical cloth tape or electrical tape works well also.

If you want accurate sleep oxygen/heart rate data I do recommend these sensors. It did take quite a while for them to arrive from china, but I am certainly glad I have then now.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CMS50F Disposable probe p/n 230800037 ESC 0037
Ok, I now have one complete evening and night with this new probe. I used it for slightly more than 10.5 hours. My artifact percentage was down to 0.2 which appears to be during the time I was getting up. There were no other periods of missing data. My PR varied from 107 to 51 with an average og 81.4. I for once actually trust this data for accuracy. My O2 had a Basal of 96.1 and a low of 90. My average low was 93.1, this was with 3 liters of O2 being continuously fed into my tubing.
I has zero events below 88. My mental thinking/eyesight appears normal this morning.
Some morning I wake up unable to focus my eyesight and need to get on oxygen to correct the situation.So last night was a good night.

I highly recommend using this probe for sleep studies at home.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Viatom/Wellue versus CMS50F Oximeters - A Comparison Ratchick 20 9,348 10-04-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 15,929 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.