Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor
Thumbsup 
CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor

The CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor.

If you pay more than $190.00 then you have paid to much, if you want to find one under $200.00 you will have to search. The ConTec PM60A comes with a mini touch screen and a stylus which you will need unless you have very pointy fingers. I have found that even a short fingernail will work in a pinch! I got a hand held so I could monitor my o2 sats during the day and record sessions for both day and night. It has a good memory capacity and alarms for both high and low o2 sats and heart rate. The Alarms were important to me, as I experience daytime apnea and I wanted to be reminded to breathe. All settings are user adjustable. It has a lithium battery so it is rechargeable. I have run it all day and it still goes, and goes. I have not tried to drain it yet so I do not know just how many hours it has.

The interface is a bit odd but once I figured it out it works fine. Basically you have to enter a profile for each use or just accept the defaults. Click, click done! The system uses a unique sequential filing code so you can locate and upload it to OSCAR. Once you hit OK after you set up your profile it is recording, at the end of the session hit Save and your done. It has an internal clock for Time and Date so you can set the Oximeter to the same time and date of your CPAP machine. The file you import is “01Trend.spo2” the number in front is unique and sequential each time but Trend.spo2 is always the same.

The included software mini CD Disk provides a viewer program that is simple, yet works well.

My only real complaint besides the small buttons on the screen was the SD Card memory mini Adapter it came with. It was not exactly reliable, it would not save, the memory chip was loose in the adapter.

I put a piece of scotch tape on the back to make it tighter in the socket. I will be getting a new 2GB regular SD Card as a replacement. No adapters this time! This Device is file format sensitive. It requires FAT (FAT16) formatting which is only good up to 2GB. But that is OK because that is more than enough to do the job. Larger SD Cards FAT32 and the others will not work!

It has a nifty little suction cup stand that is a nice touch as long as you have a nonporous surface to stick it on! Good luck!

It comes with a power supply that I leave plugged in while I run it at night. In the morning after I press Save to save the night's data it is ready to record day time Data, just unplug the charger and you are portable. Do Not Make the mistake of importing your day time data to OSCAR Unless you have been sleeping with your CPAP.

TIP: If you set the Oximeter clock a few seconds ahead of your CPAP machine and then start them about the same time you will have enough leader that you can sinc without problems! Check your clocks on a regular basis!

Oh and by the way if your fingers are sensitive to the clip on type sensor like most Mini Sensors use you can get the slip on silicone rubber type separately.

Do a Google Search for “Contec Reusable Adult Pocket SpO2 Probe 5-pin Mini USB” Verify that it is a “5-pin Mini USB” there are so many different connectors, this is so important! The rubber sensor is about $87.00 well worth not having the extra pain!

If you have worn a clip on for any length of time you will know it is like an alligator that won't let go!

Over all, it is well made, and a solid product we will see how it stands up to the test of time.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 336 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,538 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,905 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] Review of the Lookee Ring Sleep Oxygen Monitor with vibration alarm. paperboy 3 3,701 07-27-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: SnoNoMo
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,009 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,678 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,077 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.