Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Carefusion ruby chin strap
Buyer beware, I ordered one of these online paid $35. Turns out straps won't fit. The supplier said it was a 1 size fits all, but I have still yet to call the manufacturer to verify this as I have a med-small head. This fits my 9 year old boy but not my other 12 year old boy, go figure.Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
This chin strap is marketed under various names consisting of different combinations of the words CareFusion, PureSom and Ruby. It is a full-head harness type chinstrap with two Velcro size adjusters, one above the forehead and the other at the nape of the neck. At first sight, I though it would be too heavy, too hot, and much too restrictive. However, it is made of a wonderfully light, stretchy fabric and fits so well that I am totally unaware of it during the minute or two I need to fall asleep after I put it on. It is currently available online in two sizes, Regular and XL, for less than $15, which is very good value for such a stable chin strap. I previously tried a ResMed chin restraint, which slipped off my head nearly every night, allowing my nasal mask straps to slip off too, and so I appreciate a chin strap that always stays put.

If you look online, you can easily find instructions for how to pick the correct size. If in doubt, I suggest you go with the XL because you can tighten it if necessary with the Velcro tabs.

There is one issue that buyers should be aware of: the correct positioning of this chin strap is not intuitive, at least for some users. I thought mine was way too loose until I discovered that the CareFusion label belongs at the nape of the neck, and not at the crown of the head as I had assumed. If you're not sure you have the chin strap on correctly, find some photographs online to help you sort it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best chinstrap, I've used
5 from me too

I got the larger size with my yearly supplies from Supplier #10
Straps are adjustable and the fit is comfy

Post Reply Post Reply
The PureSom Ruby works great for me also. It comes as both an adjustable chinstrap in 2 sizes, and a non-adjustable one in 3 sizes. It stretches a bit with use, so I wouldn't recommend the non-adjustable type.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Ultimate chin strap Walla Walla 0 177 02-13-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
Thumbsup [Product Review] PAD A CHEEK Original (face mask strap pads) richb 3 507 06-16-2017, 03:22 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  [Product Review] Respironics Premium Chin Strap III ginzo 3 2,306 09-27-2015, 07:22 AM
Last Post: ginzo
  [Product Review] Avalon Aire Super Delux Chin Strap MobileBasset 10 3,347 09-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Last Post: ginzo
  [Product Review] Carefushion chin strap me50 9 4,593 12-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Product Review] Chin Straps [ResMed "Chin Restraint"] Bompa 3 5,409 06-26-2013, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PeteW5