Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Cpap Bed pillows
Cpap Bed pillows
Hi Everyone

Do the Cpap Bed pillows really work ?
If so, any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Jchris
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Cpap Bed pillows
Welcome to the forum

I tried one some time ago but it did not help me at all. I think that some people find them helpful.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
nope, hated the one i had
Post Reply Post Reply
Several of them have been reviewed. Just scroll down through this section to find them or do a forum search.

You may also want to ask the question in the Main Forum instead of here as this is the Review Forum.

Edit: Correction. Only one has been reviewed and it was over in the mask section. I moved it to here.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've got one and use it part time. It's a Countour CPAP Max pillow. The side cut-outs can be nice if you're a side sleeper....my biggest issue is with the thickness and angle. I end up using a thin pillow under it to get it "just right" when I use it. Otherwise, I'm using a regular memory foam pillow that is deeper.

6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other in my books.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suggest looking into some of the smaller buckwheat pillows that fit under your neck. You can get them on amazon. They do take some adjustment but I find that using it means the pillow rarely pushes my mask, even if I'm side sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a buckwheat pillow from "Form Fit Pillow", ordered it from that great river in south america.

It has been a revelation in CPAP comfort for me. I can adjust it to any position I wish to sleep in, it is cool, and miracle of miracles lets me use the infamous P10 pillow mask, which always moved on me when I was using a regular pillow...

Also, I have arthritis in neck and back, this pillow made sleep so much more pain free...I love it

4 thumbs up for this pillow...two are from my wife...Too-funny

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool & Natural Form-Fit Pillow

I have the same pillow. I have bought several pillows over the years and had a perfect one until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and had to wear a mask. My pillow just was not working anymore. I lay on my side and the pillow pushed the mask away causing leaks. Someone from the board mentioned the pillow from Form Fit. Not the CPAP pillow they put out but another one. The pillow I received came with instructions to remove some stuffing since it was overstuffed. Well, I did that. About 5 cups or so. It was quite a bit.

This is how much I removed. (Device in forefront is my ipod touch for comparison)
[Image: jbCxLxj.jpg]
The white stuff is foam to give you some comfort.

The first night I fully expected to get no sleep. It takes me a while to adjust to a new pillow. I laid my head down on this pillow and I slept better than I had slept since wearing the CPAP mask. I like how you can shape and move the buckwheat hulls to support your head and allowing the mask to hang free.

Regarding the "cool" part of the pillow; It may be me but since using this pillow I have not woken up in the night with a sweaty head.

If you can afford it, highly recommend it.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
So how would you two rate it? Four? Five?

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5547
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
watch out for weevils
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.