Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Dreem 2 Headband
Dreem 2 Headband
I recently bought the Dreem 2 headband sleep monitor, which includes EEG, pulse ox, and movement sensors, and an easy-to-use sleep monitoring and coaching app.

I find the design elegant, and the headband itself comfortable.

Right now, the system records a wide array of data that can be useful for optimizing sleep in general, and PAP therapy in particular: sleep architecture and hypnogram, sleep position, arousals etc.

But the data reporting and export is a work-in-progress; one that the Dreem folks have said they are prioritizing.

The first example of this is CSV export of the hyponogram, which they just added in the past week.

Here's a thread on that, including a link to a python script that will convert the Dreem CSV data to a file that OSCAR will import. 

I'm ultimately hoping they add spo2, sleep position, and EEG waveform export, but this is a good start.

Ultimately it's a fairly expensive device that is promising much more accurate sleep tracking than other consumer options. I can't really assess the accuracy claims.

Example on hynogram integrated into OSCAR:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16078]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreem 2 Headband
Just FYI, current development version of OSCAR now supports direct import of Dreem CSV data, and also "fixes" the hyponogram display so it's consistent with the more typical view (basically, the earlier sleep stage graph inverted the hypnogram).
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
How are you liking it after this time? Any improvements in sleep? I get low amounts of deep sleep and I wonder if this would help. I read that now the US version is missing a feature, something to do with sound.
Post Reply Post Reply
The US version does not have the pink noise-based deep sleep stimulation, I think mostly because of the time and expense of them getting FDA approval for it (the device is FDA approved).

So it is mostly passive.

In that sense, the only way it can help with improved sleep architecture and such is that you can correlate to other variables; PAP machine settings, diet, exercise, etc.

That's what I use it for. So I noticed in the past few weeks all aspects of the sleep metrics are improving over time, except for deep sleep. I will thus test out increased exercise to see what impact that has.
Post Reply Post Reply
How is your caffeine intake? Time between last food eaten and bed time? I'm hoping caffeine elimination will improve my sleep. I also think my reflux might be affecting sleep. For that I have to not eat too close to bed time, should be atleast a 3-4 hour window if not 5.

Can it alert you for anything? Like not sleeping on back.
Post Reply Post Reply
It tracks and reports sleep position, but won't warn you during the night.

I'm good on all the sleep hygiene, etc stuff, which the Dreem does help with encouraging.

I still drink some coffee, but only early in the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2019, 08:31 AM)slowriter Wrote: Thanks for posting. Very interesting. 

I recently bought the Dreem 2 headband sleep monitor, which includes EEG, pulse ox, and movement sensors, and an easy-to-use sleep monitoring and coaching app.

I find the design elegant, and the headband itself comfortable.

Right now, the system records a wide array of data that can be useful for optimizing sleep in general, and PAP therapy in particular: sleep architecture and hypnogram, sleep position, arousals etc.

But the data reporting and export is a work-in-progress; one that the Dreem folks have said they are prioritizing.

The first example of this is CSV export of the hyponogram, which they just added in the past week.

Here's a thread on that, including a link to a python script that will convert the Dreem CSV data to a file that OSCAR will import. 

I'm ultimately hoping they add spo2, sleep position, and EEG waveform export, but this is a good start.

Ultimately it's a fairly expensive device that is promising much more accurate sleep tracking than other consumer options. I can't really assess the accuracy claims.

Example on hynogram integrated into OSCAR:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=16078]
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I just took the plunge and bought a Dreem 2 device to understand my sleep better.  I was especially interested in the Dreem because it is compatible with Oscar.

I received a discount code with my purchase.

[Moderator note:  to get the same discount code, please see Dormeo's post here in the Commercial Posts Forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eem-device
Reason:  commercial discount codes can only be posted in the Commercial Posts Forum]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2020, 04:30 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I just took the plunge and bought a Dreem 2 device to understand my sleep better.  I was especially interested in the Dreem because it is compatible with Oscar.

And how are you finding it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2020, 04:30 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I just took the plunge and bought a Dreem 2 device to understand my sleep better.  I was especially interested in the Dreem because it is compatible with Oscar.

I received a discount code with my purchase.

[Moderator note:  to get the same discount code, please see Dormeo's post here in the Commercial Posts Forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...eem-device
Reason:  commercial discount codes can only be posted in the Commercial Posts Forum]

I'm really interested in hearing how it's going for you!

I've had a number of fit-bands that have given me sleep reports. 

And I finally have a new sleep doc. I did without for some years after the Sleep-doc-from-.ell retired. 

I'm glad that the new one is more helpful.  Almost 2 years ago I had a sleep study with him.  In his update (several months later. Guess I wasn't a priority) he said my old pressure of 11 would do, but that he would give me a prescription for 13. The reason was that he thought I would have more deep sleep, and that it was curative. And he recently helped me *a lot* by writing a prescription for a new machine and mask without another sleep study. That was really helpful.

I'm investigating all ways I can improve sleep quality and my OSA treatment.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] SleepPhones (headband headset) PaulaO2 0 2,808 09-25-2015, 08:59 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.