Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Brevida
RE: F&P Brevida
Been using the F&P Brevida for 4 days. I finally found “THE ONE”!  like

The overall value of the product (what you get for how much it costs)
Picked up the F&P Brevida on sale from an online supplier. I purchased the mask fit pack which includes XS-S and M-L pillows. It was worth the cost as it was mask #9 (yes, you read that right) in my quest to find the ideal mask. Had been using the P10 with the N30 headgear which was good and I will keep it as a backup. My nares were always irritated in the morning which led me to the Brevida.

Whether the product worked as advertised.
The mask is very quiet, lightweight with minimal headgear. Yes, it works as advertised.

What you liked about the product - be specific - with details.
-Diffuser dampens the sound when exhaling.
-The air cushion pillow is very soft and comfortable. No more nares irritation. 
-The headgear is soft, easy to adjust and detaches easily from the frame for daily cleaning.
-Thankful this was a fit pack because all along I thought I was a Small and on this mask I do much better with the M-L. When trying the XS-S I experienced leaks and discomfort. Felt air flow was restricted when running a mask fit.
-The pillows provide excellent air flow and I don’t hear myself inhale like I did with the P10. Because of this I fall asleep quicker and stay asleep.
-Thus far in my mask journey this is by far the best mask for my sleep style and facial anatomy.
-As a woman I appreciate how I can situate my hair so it doesn’t look terribly messy in the morning.
-No strap lines on my face.
-Very easy to pack into my CPAP backpack.

What you disliked about the product - again, be specific.
At this point there is nothing I dislike as it ticks all the boxes necessary as a good mask for me.

Any suggestions you can offer to readers if they use this product themselves.
Make sure to buy the fit pack. Had I bought everything separate it would have been more expensive and I would have bought the incorrect pillow size (XS-S)

I will update as I progress on this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE on Post #31 (sorry, didn’t see a way to edit original post)

About two days after the review my nares became irritated from the Brevida and I returned to using the Evora and am much happier with it and sleep like a lamb.

I have come to the conclusion that I’m not a candidate for nasal pillows. I’ve tried three and they just don’t work for me. Can’t seem to get my nares to toughen up after all these months of trying. I will not change my rating since I believe the Brevida is an amazing mask, just not for me. Of the three I’ve tried this one is definitely the best.

My next review (probably in a few weeks) will be on the Evora.

In the meantime  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got the Brevida, and had a brief test trial. I have a good feeling that this is the right mask for me.

It's a much better design than Resmed P10. It feels like a hybrid between a cradle and P10 type pillow. The way the cushion is design, it fits really really well. I get a feeling that leaks will be non-existent with it. It feels very sturdy on the nose, and strap is similar to P10.

Next test is to sleep with it and see what OSCAR shows. So far, best mask for me has been Respironics Wisp, and hope this is a better mask for me since it's less intrusive with less straps involved. I will find out how well it seals for leaks for side sleeping, but it seems quite sturdy that it will do well.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a fairly good night with the mask. My AHI was fairly good with no OA, and centals were low range under .5 . My FL was a hair higher than my usual go to nasal mask. So, not much different from my other best mask I used which was nasal (Resperonics Wisp).

Just as I suspected, leaks are nonexistent for a side sleeper like myself.

Best of all, Bravida doesn't cause arousals like the P10. If you have tried nasal mask and P10, and prefer nasal over P10, I recommend trying this mask.

I have TMJ and the lack of straps don't seem to aggrivate my TMJ. So, this is probably my best mask ever. Will see if it beats out Wisp in the long term.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I've been searching around for different sizes other than the two cushion sizes that came with my fit-pack, and there doesn't seem to be other sides besides XS-S, and M-L.

So, they only have two ranges of sizes for the cushions. Which seems fine. I have tried both, and no issues with fit with both sizes. The difference (for me at least) is with the size of the opening of the pillow area. XS-S has a small opening in comparison to M-L.

And this difference in opening size causes greater or lower air flow. Which translates to, which of the cushion I will breath easier (the M-L). So, it's not generally about the pressure of the machine that determines how much flow you get, but the mask contributes as well. The type of mask, the size of the cushion opening seems to matter when it comes to how much air you are getting. For example, F30 pushes out too much flow for me, and cannot use it. But, I can stand F30i just fine due to lower flow of air felt.

Even though M-L works well enough for me, I feel like bigger opening size for a little bit more airflow would be beneficial for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update after 3 days of usage:

My sleep has progressively gotten worse in the last 3 days. CA shot up over 1 (and with nasal mask, it's usually .5 or less usually).

I have developed similar issues with Brevida that I've had with P10. My sleep has gotten much worse with too many awkening throughout the night. I had so many that I don't feel rested today.

I woke up in the middle of the early morning with high heart rate. This never happens with nasal mask. There must be instances I'm not breathing with this mask.

For some reason, sides-sleeping seems to be worse with this mask. I really have no idea why this mask is causing so much arousals. I seem to breath fine through it.

I'll be going back to my Wisp nasal mask. With the Wisp, I do feel rested in the morning, but with the Brevida, the sleep has gotten worse over time that I don't feel rested.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've now been using the F&P Brevida for several weeks. I like it a lot and it will become my primary mask, abandoning the FFM F30 that I used for a couple of years.

The reason I switched masks is that I suddenly became very tired of all the straps on the F30! The F30 has been a successful mask with low AHI and almost no leaks.

AHI appears to be very slightly less with the Brevida, but I haven't analyzed the statistics. Average AHI is less than 0.5 with either mask--just had two days straight with AHI 0.0 with the Brevida. OSCAR does report more leaks with the Brevida but therapy is just as good, if not better. The leaks, which I suspect are from the swivel nozzle at the mask, are not bothersome. Both the F30 and Brevida are configured with EERS.

Headgear on the Brevida is very similar to that of the P10 except the straps can be tightened. I don't like the way the straps slide around on my head and don't stay in place, causing the pillow fit to change. The headgear I like best is the F&P Evora, but it's not obvious how to attach that to the Brevida.

I am currently testing the Brevida with F&P Pilairo Q headgear. The Pilairo Q headgear seems to hold the mask tighter to my face, which is a disadvantage--the Brevida can, and probably should, be looser than any other mask I have tried. The looser it is, the better the seal, until it's so loose the mask falls off the face! I may end up trimming the Pilairo Q headgear to allow a looser fit with the Brevida mask.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've recently started using the Brevida, and I really like it. I feel that the XS-S pillow fits better, but the M-L seals better for me. Overall I feel it's a good competitor to the ResMed P10, but as with others I've had issues with the mesh screen for exhaling, so the Brevida fits the bill for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
You said ... " The headgear I like best is the F&P Evora, but it's not obvious how to attach that to the Brevida."

I am in line with you.  I think F&P should design the Brevida with the same headgear as the Evora.  I am designer with a 3D printer and when I will receive the 2 Evora headgear I ordered on Amazon I will start to "try" to make an adaptor.
Actually I am even no sure the "ring" of the Evora can find room on the Brevida mask... maybe ... and if so I will make the adaptor.
The other solution is to cut the Evora front part and try to fix it on the Brevida hook.

I will post my "research" if I find a way to make it work and test it some nights.
Will come back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm wondering if the Brevida hose also swivels at the "mask-end" (like it does where it fits into the CPAP Hose. I don't like the mask hose down near my body. I have a hose management system which holds the CPAP hose up above me so I can move easily from side to side. I don't want to have to move the "mask-hose" every time I switch sides.

Is the Brevida mask-hose able to swivel upward, rather than straight down?
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.