Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Brevida
RE: F&P Brevida
I have been using the P10 for some time and although it does leak at times it is only a small amount. So, I recently purchased the F&P Brevida as I hoped it would be better for me that the P10. Unfortunately, after several night of little sleep due to continual high leaking I have abandoned this mask. I did try different adjustments but to no avail.

My problem seems to be that I move around quite a lot during the night, much to my wife's discomfort, and this is the cause of the constant leaking.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got this mask on sale hahah and i noticed that the plastic diffuser keeps popping off. Has anyone else noticed this is there a solution to this ? I think this will be my go to mask if i can get the diffuser problem fixed
Post Reply Post Reply
Good review of the mask!

I have tried the mask myself and I found it was great, except for 1 major issue.

The diffuser on the front pops off so easily that it wakes me up. I move a lot and since the connection on the front of the mask can move around, the plastic cover hits the mask and comes off. It becomes very loud at that point. Where I got the mask actually gave me 3 different ones and they all did it. 

It was unfortunate because otherwise, I loved the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also had this problem with the diffuser.... using a small jewelers file i lightly sanded the bottom edge until the problem went away I have been getting the lowest AHI ever with this mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Skylark, so glad to have another woman compare the Brevida to the Swift LT for Her.  I've tried several other masks, like the FX (loose headgear), the Dreamwear (squishy side channels) and the Airfit P30i (better but still too squishy).  The good ole standby Swift LT was always my "go to" mask.

Today, I received an email about the Brevida being only $89 and the descriptions / reviews sound positive.

My only question is whether I can clip the hose above my head.  I've always done that with any mask and had a "Lady McGyver" bungee set up, loosely hanging from my headboard.  I wasn't able to rig up the FX to do that and am a bit concerned about the Brevida.

Guess if the merchant has a 30 day guarantee, I can find out.

Thanks also, to all the gentlemen who've written such wonderful, comprehensive reviews.  I love this group!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the  Breveida for the past month.  I love this mask.  It is so comfortable and seals great.  I did not have this success with the p10.  My leak rate is very low and you are not even aware of the pillows.  If you are having problems using a nasal pillow mask I strongly recommend trying this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
F&P Brevida
Stars:  2

F & P Bravida

A bit about me.
Male
260 lbs
6’3”
Top of head circ. 23”
Chin >ears>head circ. 28”
Side Sleeper and back Sleeper. Not a mouth breather.
Short hair and no beard.

A. The overall value of the product (what you get for how much it costs).
Cost $58 Free shipping. You get the complete mask. I got a medium nasal cushion. I used the fit guide to choose medium. Maybe a large would work better but based on the guide I am a medium.

B. Whether the product worked as advertised.
It is a simple nasal pillow mask. It does sit under the nose and the nares sits on the pillows.

C. What you liked about the product.
I liked the quality of the head gear. The ease of assembly and disassembly of the mask. The tube joint is a rotating ball and socket. The vent system is good it vents out away from your nose and eyes. I comes with a diffuser that clips on so you can wash it easily. The mask was easy to clean. It very light weight and comfortable to wear when not in use. The pillow seem to have more stability and a seal seemed not hard to obtain.

D. What you disliked about the product.
The head gear is not stable enough to give the feeling of the mask is connected to your face. The headgear seems to ride on top of your ears which bothers me. This is no good for a side sleeper or if you move a lot. This was my first try at a pillow mask and just don’t like the feel of something in my nose. I also find the pillows didn’t provide enough openness to breathe through easily. Could be my physical nares as they are larger.

E. Any suggestions you can offer to readers if they use this product themselves.

If You sleep only on your back and don’t move a lot the mask may work good for you. If you like simple nasal pillow masks with the standard down exit tubing. You may like this mask.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:I also find the pillows didn’t provide enough openness to breathe through easily. Could be my physical nares as they are larger.

I use the large size, and even so I ended up carefully cutting 1 mm around the circumference with a good pair of scissors to make the openings about two millimeters wider.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish there was some way to provide feedback to the manufacturers so they can learn the huge steps we take to make their products usable.

Your reviews help me. Personal history--years ago ProResp sold me a cpap package. a Respironics brick with humidifier cord and hose; an F&P nasal mask. One mask fits all. I asked to substitute or pay for another mask; no deal. Realize I haven't bought a F&P mask since. Haven't looked at them. It's time I did and these comments help me a lot.

Thank you all.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Just got this mask last night. Took advantage of supplier mask sale and got this for $62. Since I've been going through some masks to optimize lately, my preferred pillow mask is the P30i. I also use the N30i as well, and for the last week was using the N20. All these masks have been giving me great results. AHI <1.
Also I'm a mouthbreather, so I do tape my mouth.

I really like this mask. I'm a side sleeper and have had small issues with the P30i slipping a little.

What I liked was how the mask's pillow/ wings create a feel like the N30i, and seal around the outer part of the nostrils. The pillow prongs that go in the nose are comfortable.

What I really liked was the headgear that's split band. I can have the lower section wrap around right above my ears, and the higher section at the crown of my head. This seems to hold the mask in place and provide a comfortable feeling around my head.
I noticed that my P30i's headgear would start slipping up from the ellipse of my head (eyes to ears), to the crown of my head, and this would lead me to wake up and re-adjust.

Got a real good night's sleep. Obviously this is the first night, but if this performs the way it did the first night, this mask is a keeper.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.