Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Eson Nasal Mask
F&P Eson Nasal Mask
Anyone using this mask besides me?  If so, how is it working for you?  
    This is actually my first cpap mask used at home.  I used a True-blue during my sleep study and thought that was fine.  So, when my DME suggested the Eson, I decided to give it a try since they had a try and return policy.
   Turns out I really enjoy using it.  Very light weight and seals well even with my moustache.  I sleep on my back and side and toss and turn a lot while sleeping have not had any large leaks or problems with it coming off.
   It disassembles easily for cleaning.  Headgear is comfortable and includes a top of the head strap for stability.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P Eson Nasal Mask
Hi RoRo,
Thanks for the review; glad you are having such GREAT success with that mask.
BTW, WELCOME! to the forum,! and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there I am new to this forum and a new CPAP user. Recent purchase of a Resmed S9 with Mirage FX Nasal Mask. I toss and turn a lot and found that I get small leaks on the side of the Mirage FX mask but apart from that I find it comfortable, so I thought I would try something different, I purchased a F&P Eson Mask Large. I found it comfortable to wear, however I found I ran too hot with it on, the exhaust seemed to not get out quick enough or did not have enough venting. The mask has a small filter with cover. I removed the filter and cover from the mask but it made way too much noise, so I pulled the filter in half and replaced it with the cover but still found it too hot to wear, I even tried putting the cover back on with out the filter but it still ran hot. I do not know if the mask is still to small in its cone point and the mask or it is to close to my nose or the venting is just not sufficent, it is a shame as it does feel more comfortable than the Resmed mirage FX which I have gone back to. i am going to try the new F&P Pilairo nasal pillow next, I tried a Resmed nasal pillow in the first days but was not comfortable wearing it, but as I have read a lot of reviews on different types of masks, it seems to be that everyone is different and it is a matter of trial end error until you find the mask or pillow that suits you.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using this mask as well as a F&P Simplus full face mask and I love both. Very easy to clean and seal like no others. The Eson can be worn so loose and its unbelievable that it doesn't leak . I hate chin straps so decided to switch to the Simplus but I will always have both for a change of pace.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone know how often you are supposed to change the filter in the diffuser?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2013, 05:53 PM)TonyJ Wrote: Does anyone know how often you are supposed to change the filter in the diffuser?

The paperwork that came with mine says about 2 to 3 months.
Hope this helps

Post Reply Post Reply
After using a Ultra Mirage II Nasal mask for about 4/5 years I used the F&P Eson mask last night and was pleasantly surprised. I tend to move around a lot and when sleeping on my side I had to get everything just right or my old mask would leak. The Eson provided an almost natural sleep experience with no tugging or pulling by the hose...well as natural as one can get with a mask strapped to your face. It took a couple trys to get the adjustment just right but once I had it dialed in it was extremely comfortable and I went all night without any obvious leaks.

Big improvement over my Mirage II.
Post Reply Post Reply
I"m now 40+ days into therapy and I've used two masks, the Eson and the Pilairo.

The Eson is consistently great in terms of side sleeping (I toss and turn a lot). It's very effective with use of a "Hose Buddy" with the hose floating over my head. It's very easy to clean, whether one soaks it or uses the cpap cleaning wipes (as I do).

I have (and have tested for one week) the Pilairo nose cushions mask and have really mixed feelings about it. Lighter on the face as opposed to Eson (which isn't heavy at all) but doesn't stay put when my face smashes into the pillow (side sleeping). Also, the short hose, swivel at the front of the Pilairo does not move around as freely as with the Eson, causing more inconvenient mask tugging (even with the Hose Buddy).

So for now, I'm sticking with the Eson, which is allowing me to achieve an average AHI of just under 1.0 (untreated AHI is 65).
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi spyresca,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's GREAT to hear that you have found the mask that works well for you.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the diameter of the hose that goes with this? Is it a smaller hose or same size as the hose from the machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,690 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,224 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,005 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,365 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,787 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] BMC WNP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask "Fealite" Sheepish 6 6,425 01-07-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] Resmed Activa LT Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 13 19,719 02-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: Mr Nifty

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.