Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Simplus - First few nights use
F&P Simplus - First few nights use
Hi Everyone,

I have just had the luxury of using the new Simplus Mask from F&P for the last three nights.

After trying numerous masks over the last twelve months, I finally have a mask that seals on my face and stays there all night.  That'a a first for me.

The Simplus seems to have lots of nice features compared to the others on the market I've tried.  
The top adjustment strap is great and the clips are designed for the not so nimble to use, so easy.  
The nozzle for the hose not only swivels but pivots so I can have it  above the blankets or other angles to make it easier to control the hose.  
It's the most comfortable mask I have ever worn.
The mask is easy to dis-assemble for cleaning as it breaks down into only three parts plus the head gear.

I'm not sure if I'll be still using this mask in six months time, but the first few nights have shown a huge amount of promise for the future.  

Cheers,
RE: F&P Simplus - First few nights use
I wish I was having the same success with mine Sad

I have just started using a CPAP machine (ResMed S9 AutoSet + F&P Simplus) a week ago, I am finding I can only use it for about 3 hours per night before tearing the mask off my face and switching off the machine. I am trying to use it more and more every night, but it seems I can't get this mask to fit like it did in the sleep clinic, where I managed a full 7 hours of sleep without waking up once!

How do you have the headgear adjusted? Tight.. loose? I cannot for the life of me figure out whats best.. Hoping I haven't wasted a load of time and money on a therapy that is not for me..
Hi New Members!

Welcome

You are in the right place, and you are finding out that this therapy is more of an art than science!
Two people can do the same thing and get different results!

#1. Assuming your mask is a good fit:
Usable tip:
One thing I found is that I can get really good results by wiping the mask sealing surface down with a Wet Ones lemon scented wipe. Then I use it on my face where the mask seals.
It dries fast and makes all the surfaces tacky enough so every stays stuck on all night.

Try it and see how it works for you.

Cheers & Sleep-well
Good

If you do that every time
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
F&P Simplus http://www.fphcare.com.au/sleep-apnea/ma...p-simplus/

User instruction http://www.fphcare.com.au/files/document...5047915_a/

Mask Parts
A. Silicone Seal - D. Headgear Clips - G. Buckle
B. Mask Frame - E. Elbow
D. Headgear Clips - F. Swivel

Fitting Your Mask
Remove all packaging before using your mask

1 . Hold the Frame (B) with one hand and the Headgear (C ) in the other. One of the Headgear Clips (D) should be hooked onto the Frame (B).

2. Place the Seal (A) on the face and guide the Headgear (C ) over your head.

3. Hook the unattached Headgear Clip (D) onto the Frame (B).

4. Gently tighten the Headgear Straps in the correct order. Position the top strap (1) when first fitted and straps (2) and (3) when adjusting to avoid leak.

FITTING TIPS
• Do not over-tighten any of the Headgear Straps.
• Forehead Straps should rest horizontally on the forehead, just above the ears

(06-23-2013, 05:54 AM)muga Wrote: Hoping I haven't wasted a load of time and money on a therapy that is not for me..
Its not uncommon to try several masks to find the right one. Everyone is different, what works for one might not works for someone else

Tips for new CPAP users http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...CPAP_users

Supplier #2 and #10 ship to Australia and popular among Aussies CPAP users
Suppliers List http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

Thanks, still going through all the information on this forum.. it's a fantastic resource!

I'll persist with it, only getting around 3hrs per night at the moment.. had one 5hr+ night and for the first time since I can remember, I didn't wake up with a headache!
Was using a quatro fx which didn't work to well for me. Poor seal around upper nose area and a really bad push against the bridge of my nose. Got a simplus a couple of weeks ago and haven't looked back. The seal around my nose is far better. This is about the best mask i have tried for people with a high nose bridge. I am using a cloth cover to get it just that little bit better but even without this it is still far better. The mask is far more comfortable. I do not have to get a ratchet to tighten the mask down to get a good seal and the head straps are far better at keeping the mask in position overnight than previous masks i have tried. and overall the proof shows in the stats that the machine shows me with my average incidence going down from about a 9 to a 5 so overall very happy with my purchase.
I have only been on treatment for 2 months and have tried numerous masks during the trial period . I had settled on the F&P Eson nasal mask and really liked how it sealed and could be worn so loose. When I first saw the ad for the Simplus it struck me as being very similar in construction except for its size to the Eson so I was anxious to try it before I selected a free mask allowed with our Provincial Treatment program. To make a long story short I was given a Simplus to try last week and I can say it is by far the best full face mask I have tried and believe me I have tried many. Far superior to any including the Quattro Mirage. I basically can sleep in any position without leaks and that is a Godsend as I am a side sleeper and found all the masks leaked in that position with the exception of the Eson and now the Simplus. I would highly recommend this mask to anyone. It is certainly worth a try.
Hi to all. My first post here as a new member. I have tried quite a few masks including the Resmed Mirage which was quite good. I have also tried a lot of nasal and nasal pillow masks (actually bought these masks about 6 I reckon).

By far the F&P Simplus (L) is the most comfortable! I actually look forward to going to bed to put it on, it's that good! Or should I say, it suits me that well.

I try to wear a nasal mask but just cannot get comfortable with them. A few problems, I have a light beard and 'mo and also tend to be quite congested by the time I go to bed.

I think once I get tired my eyes tend to weep, then I get congested and therefore can't breathe through the ol' schnozaroony. Also the Pilairo (which is my preferred nasal mask) seems to irritate my moustache bristles.

I am always on the lookout for a better mask though, does anyone have other suggestions? I would really like to use just a nasal mask so that I don't have to stuff around with getting reading glasses on or off through the frame of a full face mask.

I have been using CPAP for only 6 weeks but have taken to it like a duck to water!
(06-19-2013, 06:21 PM)Monkey Wrote: Hi Everyone,

I have just had the luxury of using the new Simplus Mask from F&P for the last three nights.

After trying numerous masks over the last twelve months, I finally have a mask that seals on my face and stays there all night. That'a a first for me.

The Simplus seems to have lots of nice features compared to the others on the market I've tried.
The top adjustment strap is great and the clips are designed for the not so nimble to use, so easy.
The nozzle for the hose not only swivels but pivots so I can have it above the blankets or other angles to make it easier to control the hose.
It's the most comfortable mask I have ever worn.
The mask is easy to dis-assemble for cleaning as it breaks down into only three parts plus the head gear.

I'm not sure if I'll be still using this mask in six months time, but the first few nights have shown a huge amount of promise for the future.

Cheers,

Awesome! wish F&P knew when we would have this in the U.S.!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel's Simplus FF Mask me50 36 39,172 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: PaulKTF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.