Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Simplus - First few nights use
RE: F&P Simplus - First few nights use
Ok...final update.

The Simplus is a very comfortable mask with a deep, soft seal. I can see it being a "go to" mask for a lot of people who don't need supplemental oxygen as part of their therapy.

In my case, the soft seal and the shape of my face generally do quite well...but for at the chin. I noticed in the transition between inhalation and exhalation...that little time when you've stopped breathing in and the machine is still trying to keep up pressure as if you were, you know, that spot where you get that little extra pressure spike...that's where the Simplus' soft seal leaks at the chin for me.

It might not be a concern for others, but in my case, go fort was a toss up between this and another mask. The other had a slightly stiffer seal at the chin and doesn't leak for me...which gave it a slight edge over the Simplus for me.

As in all things, your face and mine are different, so YMMV...the Simplus is a very good mask and if it works well for you, you'll love it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Many thanks for the info!!
bbj123, I moved your post to the main forum where it can get more attention. You can find your own thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-questions

This is the Review Forum. General questions are best asked in the Main Forum as most users go there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(12-01-2013, 01:56 AM)machunter46 Wrote: Many thanks for the info!!

Thanks a lot.
the mask is being sold in the United States, I bought one a few months ago at local DME
Hi All,
I have just started my first Apnea therapy with the AirSense 10 and F&P Simplus Small mask and without a doubt my sleep has improved in the last 8 days since starting therapy.

I have accessed the clinician menu to enable the smart start feature as I was waking up after a few hours and found it hard to get back to sleep.

With smartstart on the machine starts when you start breathing into the mask and stops when you take it off.

My problem is I rip the mask of after 2-3 hours and forget to put it back on.

I will keep trying but if i may say thank you to this board and the people on it. Great support group

Jed
Canberra Australia
F&P Simplus Small Mask
AirSense 10 AutoSet Machine
Try using the S9 mask fit tool:

Put on your mask as normal and turn on your machine while looking at the display. Then, after the machine starts your normal pressure, hold down the large knob to the right of the display until a smiley face pops up that says "mask fit." The machine will then bring your pressure up to max pressure and sense for leaks. If you are leaking too much then a red sad face will appear. If all is good, the green smiley face will remain.

This max pressure will continue until you press the knob again. You can even use this mode while you lay in your sleeping position and have someone else watch the display.

Hang in there, it took me months before it felt right. It also took numerous masks and mild prescribed sleeping medicine! Remembering why you are going through this can help; untreated sleep apnea has nasty consequences :-)
I have replaced my mask. Using Resmed Air Fit F10 full face. The strips were cutting above my ears pretty bad.Had to modify the top adjustment - major mistake of resmed. The mask is much smaller, easy to watch TV, read and so on. I am using it for 2 month, have great fit, and very happy with it.

New question: After first 2 weeks of wonderful sleep. i am rolling back, sleep less and less, have a dry mouth.

Are there any adjustments I can make change pressure up from 4 , humidity up or down from 74? Thank you.
If your question is about the F10, it is better to ask that in the main forum vs in the review forum.

There is a thread for that mask found here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...AirFit-F10
PaulaO

Since there are two threads for this mask, I am closing this one. The other review thread is here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...us-FF-Mask
PaulaO

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Fisher & Paykel's Simplus FF Mask me50 36 39,173 03-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: PaulKTF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.