Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Fisher & Paykel Pilairo nasal pillow mask
Thumbsup 
Fisher & Paykel Pilairo nasal pillow mask
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this forum and OSA Shy, my therapy started with PR system one A flex machine and PR golife nasal pillow mask, for first three weeks I struggled to sleep with mask on reason being bloating and gulping air Huh

Finally during the last week of trial my sleep technician gave me recently launched F&P Pilairo mask and bingo!! all greens in the reportSmile

This new mask has only one strip headgear contact on your face and made of soft silicone with self inflating and adjusting seal with pillow which gives so much comfort in any sleep position, I would recommend it to anyone who has problems with their masks, it is amazingThanks
RE: Fisher & Paykel Pilairo nasal pillow mask
Best pillow to date. I used to love the Swift FX, but now this is the new standard. I am not kidding. This thing is something else. If you have never tried a pillow, try this one. If you tried other pillows and didn't like them, now try this one. I have all major nasal pillows. Swift FX was the best until I received this one. OMG! Pillow is softer than Swift FX. Seal is better. Only folks who might like this are those with a super big head.
I am relatively new to this, and I really like the ResMed Swift FX, but my wife says that the exhale port whistles too much. Is the F&P Pilario quiet when in use? I tried the ResMed Mirage FX nasal mask at the DME shop and it has multiple exit ports for air to escape quietly, but I'm lukewarm on switching from pillows to the mask.
(02-04-2013, 04:01 AM)BAZZA Wrote: ...my wife says that the exhale port whistles too much. Is the F&P Pilario quiet when in use? ....

Hi Bazza

I use the Pilairo and love it... I tested the Swift and the Pilairo for a couple of weeks each before I purchased - I found that the Pilairo is a bit quieter on exhalation and a bit noiser on inhalation than the Swift - but overall the Pilairo was quieter.

Good Luck
A question: the outflow exhaust at the front of the mask - one problem I have with the Swfit FX is that the stream of air from it is fairly strong, with a throw easily of 30 cm - if I lie on my side it definitely hits the wife in the head. I have dealt with this by designing my own little device that fits over the exhaust port and direct the air over the hose and away from my suffering bed partner. How strong is the outflow from this mask? It claims to have a very diffuse outflow, but then again, so does the Swift LX. Do you feel the outflow more than a hand-span away from it?
Same issue here. I'm going to try the Fisher & Paykel Pilairo. How does one get the secret code to get the discount? I've used up my initial mask insurance allocation. (1 full face scuba mask for when I have a plugged up nose and 1 swfit pillow that I sort of like)

(02-04-2013, 09:31 AM)DocWils Wrote: A question: the outflow exhaust at the front of the mask - one problem I have with the Swfit FX is that the stream of air from it is fairly strong, with a throw easily of 30 cm - if I lie on my side it definitely hits the wife in the head. I have dealt with this by designing my own little device that fits over the exhaust port and direct the air over the hose and away from my suffering bed partner. How strong is the outflow from this mask? It claims to have a very diffuse outflow, but then again, so does the Swift LX. Do you feel the outflow more than a hand-span away from it?

Since there are two Review threads for this mask, I am closing this one. You can find the other one here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...iro-Review

There is also one for the Pilairo Q
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...o-Q-review
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,694 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,227 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Fisher-Paykel Oracle 2 Oral mask jds74 15 20,383 10-07-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: kakadyi
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,010 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,366 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,792 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] BMC WNP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask "Fealite" Sheepish 6 6,425 01-07-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.