Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Garmin Vivosmart 4 - fitness tracker
Garmin Vivosmart 4 - fitness tracker
I bought this tracker for the purpose of sleep tracking.  More specifically I got it because it measures SpO2 which is blood oxygen levels while asleep.  For less than $100 it performs great.  It was this or the FitBit Charge 3 I think but they're oxygen levels aren't very good.  The FitBit is also more expensive and bigger.  The Garmin gives you a percentage and seems to be very accurate.  Sleep tracking is also pretty accurate.  It only tracks 4 hours of sleep as far as SpO2 goes though.  I think they did this to conserve battery life.  Battery last 3-4 days with SpO2 tracking.  This is my first fitness tracker.

I'll post a picture of my first day using a CPAP.  You'll see in the graph the first 2 hours are with CPAP.  You can click on the graphs to better see what you are looking for but I put it all on one picture.  The wavy line is Movement. You can see oxygen levels drop right before I wake up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Garmin Vivosmart 4 - fitness tracker
I have been looking at fitness trackers that have O2 as well.
four hours does not seem optimal.
Curious if it helps overall  sleep related evaluations.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought the only 4 hours would be a deal breaker but it's still very helpful. It's the best as far as fitness trackers go. Only way you'll find something better is a dedicated SpO2 sensor device. By looking at my graphs I can tell for sure when I am not breathing and having an apnea. Movement goes up right after a low period in SpO2. For less than $100 it works very well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your review. It helps...my Garmin device gives simple sleep reports; however, they aren't detailed enough.

Have you had any concerns? I had one of the first Fitbit watch HR monitors. I developed a bright red rash on my wrist after I'd worn it for a few months. The device was recalled, and I got my money back. The red rash went away, and I haven't experienced it again.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I hear a lot that Fitbit has better sleep tracking.  Fitbits are more expensive and they have some features locked behind a monthly subscription so I wont be getting one of those.  Polar seems to make some good trackers too that track sleep. [Commercial Link Removed] Search for, "polar watches"
HRV is a new measurement that can also determine how well you slept.  I have a CorSense by EliteHRV.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2020, 02:02 PM)weiss27md Wrote: I hear a lot that Fitbit has better sleep tracking.  Fitbits are more expensive and they have some features locked behind a monthly subscription so I wont be getting one of those.  Polar seems to make some good trackers too that track sleep. [Commercial Link Removed] Search for, "polar watches"
HRV is a new measurement that can also determine how well you slept.  I have a CorSense by EliteHRV.

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

Thanks!
I had the first fitbit heart rate watch. I ended up with a rash on my wrist. Took the watch back. rash cured.
I'm sure they are better  now.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.