Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Hurricane CPAP Supplies Dryer
Hurricane CPAP Supplies Dryer

Purpose is to dry CPAP hose, mask, and humidifier tank. Drying time takes an hour.
It weighs 7.48 lbs. Dimension 12.5"L x 13.7"W x 12". I bought this online after seeing a u-tube video about it. It does what it is suppose to which is blow warm air and dry parts.
     Nothing fancy. It's fairly quiet and easy to use. The main draw back is the price. $159.    
This is one of those nice to have things but not required. I'll give it 3 out of 5 stars for doing the job but being too pricey.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hurricane CPAP Supplies Dryer
Sorry for the month old rez, but does anyone else have any reviews to add to this? I've seen some youtube videos regarding it, and it seems to function fine, when it does(some people have reported needing to purchase/return two devices before the third one worked properly).
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to ask that question in the Main Forum.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-19-2017, 12:36 PM)deathscreton Wrote: Sorry for the month old rez, but does anyone else have any reviews to add to this? I've seen some youtube videos regarding it, and it seems to function fine, when it does(some people have reported needing to purchase/return two devices before the third one worked properly).

I have one. Very pleased. It really dries mask and short tube in about 15 minutes. About 30 minutes if you include long tube (has hookup inside to dry inside of CPAP tube).
Old man, new machine. Better sleep! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought one 8 months ago. I like it. I had one cold this winter. Each day after coming home from wotk I could wash the humidifier, hose, and mask and have everything dry by bedtime. All I wanted, all I needed. And cheaper than an ozone genie.
Post Reply Post Reply
if i don't air dry my stuff, i shake & pat dry, connect to the machine & run mask fit once or twice to clear any residual moisture from hose & mask. costs nothing. almost no waiting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Seems like a luxury item... whats wrong with just hanging the hose up?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep maybe BUT  I live in an area with high humidity and it takes over 24 hours for the tubing and the Quiet Air elbow to dry.  Try lying down at night and the minute your machine starts you get splashed with water.  And as previously stated I can wash my equipment at any time and have it ready to go in 30 minutes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2019, 07:22 AM)bfmccarthy Wrote: Yep maybe BUT  I live in an area with high humidity and it takes over 24 hours for the tubing and the Quiet Air elbow to dry.  Try lying down at night and the minute your machine starts you get splashed with water.  And as previously stated I can wash my equipment at any time and have it ready to go in 30 minutes.

No high humidity problems here in N. AZ. I wash my equipment by hand and then allow to air dry. Everything ready to go in a couple of hours, at most.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.