Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] IntelliPAP AutoAdjust
Thumbsup 
IntelliPAP AutoAdjust
I was ask to post a review on my new IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with SmartFlex and the IntelliPAP Integrated Heated Humidifier.  

I’ve had a few other AutoAdjust cpaps, like the DeVilbiss AutoSet,  REMstar Auto with C-Flex, Resmed AutoSet Spirit and the PR System One REMstar Auto with A-Flex

My old REMstar Auto with C-Flex was the quietest of all, but out of all the others my new IntelliPAP AutoAdjust  is the quietest, in fact I can’t tell when it’s running.

The power supply is internal for the IntelliPAP line. There is no bulky power adapter or brick, will run on 12 volt DC Power, I love the Backlit LCD.  The integrated heated humidifier works grate, it comes apart for easy cleaning, and is easy to fill with water, the water chamber holds enough water for a full night's sleep at the highest setting.  Over all it is very easy to setup and use, it also is very well made, and you can’t beat the price, you can pick it up for a little over $ 500.00 for the cpap and humidifier.

I give the unit an A+
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust

Last summer, I decided it was time to pull the trigger on buying a new CPAP or Auto. I was originally issued a Respironics M-Series Pro by my DME, and its okay...but kind of noisy.

I had been talking for some time about getting a travel/backup machine.... There have been a number of times...where I'll wake up in the middle of some flight, and be in a panic wondering if I forgot some part to my CPAP, namely its power brick. Even after I purchased a second power brick for my travel bag.

Originally, I had looked at the Everest, with its special battery option....but then I had heard that Intellipap can auto switch from AC to DC if both inputs are connected. (someday I'll buy/build a battery backup system for it)

Anyways...I think I finally went and bought it because they were having Labor Day sales online....got it from Supplier #1, since they already have my prescription on file. Plus while I was browsing, they gave me an additional discount code on it. Think it came out right around $500 for cpap, humidifier and memory card module w/Software.

But, then it became a question of when do I get around to setting it up and using it. Some how I kept finding excuses to put it off....I had thought I would make the switch after I went on my trip in October. But, due to delays...I got home really late that night and didn't feel like setting up the new machine, etc.

Then I discovered that even though the supplier had taken the time to go into the clinician menus, but had changed the pressure setting to 4-20....(factory default is 5-15). So, I requested the manual from here...and changed the settings.

The prescription on file is based on my December 2008 PSG. I had another PSG in 2010, but they just gave written instructions to DME to change the settings of my machine (no new prescription)...and the DME told me to make the changes myself. I fired my DME last year....over a different issue.

Finally, the day after my birthday (October 28)...did I finally start using my new IntelliPAP AutoAdjust with SmartFlex, etc. I opted to not use the Integrated Heated Humidifier, and stay with my current HC150 setup. The same way I used my old M-Series Pro, only attach the humidifier when I'm traveling.

Wow, this thing is quiet...and best of all, I can't hear it breathe....very annoying hearing something breathing next to you when you're trying to sleep....

The result...is this is my home machine now....and my old M-Series is my travel machine.

I did try the integrated humidifier a while back....because I was having trouble remember to turn on my HC150 before going to bed....but I soon switched back, because even on the lowest setting, I was having rainout issues with it.... Wonder if there's a way to make my Repti-Cord setup turn on automatically with the IntelliPAP....

Oh yeah...I'm not sure about filling the tank on this thing....find it really tricky to pour distilled water from the jug into it. While its been good to pour from jug into HC150 or the tank of the M-Series....even better since I got a funnel for the HC150.

Don't know if another machine is in my future so soon. Using the old M-Series when I'm traveling, I soon remember how annoying its noise is and scramble to find something address it. I do have a Marpac sound conditioner (Marsona TSCI-330) that I travel with....in case the hotel doesn't provide something low that I can set the machine on. I made the mistake one time, of just setting it on the floor....don't ever want to do that again.

It is sometimes terrifying though to not know for sure if the machine is running....I can't hear anything, and I can't really feel the starting pressure in my nose.... but a quick touch of the exhaust ports of my mask...and its all good (or I could go back to wearing a noisy mask Smile )

The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 

I have been using sleep apnoea machines for over ten years. Both previous machines were Sullivan (Resmed) set at 15Cm/H20. As I am soon taking a trip to Canada/US I thought it was timely to choose a new CPAP machine. After much research including tips from this forum, I chose the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Autoadjust. After using it for a month, I have to report that I am extremely happy with it. It is lightweight for travelling. The autoset works well. And it is extremely quiet. I have used the DeVillbiss online report generator to enter a code from the machine to provide information on the previous night's sleep. I feel this is adequate for my purposes, and that I don't need to pay $100 for more comprehensive software.

I live in Australia but ordered my machine from the U.S. because it was one third the price ($430) being asked for the same machine in Oz. My machine comes with a three year warranty. Later machines are around $60 dearer but have a five year warranty.

I use the Respironics Original ComfortGel CPAP Mask as it is adequate for my purposes at a very competitive price.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Concar Welcome

There is some one for most machines ready to give a good review as I havent heard of a bad machine in the 2 years Ive had OSA. Dont you think that the best review would be someone to try every machine going then give an honest opinion on how it went. I think that most machines would still get a good report it would be just down to extras which won. For me its the Resmed S8 Autoset Spirit II but again I havent tried any other machines because this works fine.

Glad you found what you wanted
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2012, 06:54 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Hi Concar Welcome

There is some one for most machines ready to give a good review as I havent heard of a bad machine in the 2 years Ive had OSA. Dont you think that the best review would be someone to try every machine going then give an honest opinion on how it went. I think that most machines would still get a good report it would be just down to extras which won. For me its the Resmed S8 Autoset Spirit II but again I havent tried any other machines because this works fine.

Thanks for the welcome. I have found the board to be a most useful resource and thank you for it. As a result of my review, I have already been contacted by a new CPAP user for further information. Choosing a CPAP machine is confronting enough for a seasoned user such as myself. It is a real challenge for a new user who needs all the help he/she can get.

It is true that most machines would get a pass, however for me the game changer for the Devilbiss IntelliPap Autoadjust was the three year warranty and price. Early days yet, but at this stage I have no regrets about my choice.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2012, 05:00 PM)concar Wrote:
(04-04-2012, 06:54 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Hi Concar Welcome

Thanks for the welcome. I have found the board to be a most useful resource and thank you for it. As a result of my review, I have already been contacted by a new CPAP user for further information. Choosing a CPAP machine is confronting enough for a seasoned user such as myself. It is a real challenge for a new user who needs all the help he/she can get.

It is true that most machines would get a pass, however for me the game changer for the Devilbiss IntelliPap Autoadjust was the three year warranty and price. Early days yet, but at this stage I have no regrets about my choice.
i think any product review is good no matter how little or big or if it compares to other machines or not. to tell you the truth i would never consider one of the less known brands that is not respironics or resmed. but after reading this i would at least consider this one. someone on a limited budget might find this review especially helpful. thanks.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
what do you auto intellipap users do for a back up battery?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-31-2012, 05:26 AM)concar Wrote: 5

I have been using sleep apnoea machines for over ten years. Both previous machines were Sullivan (Resmed) set at 15Cm/H20. As I am soon taking a trip to Canada/US I thought it was timely to choose a new CPAP machine. After much research including tips from this forum, I chose the DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Autoadjust. After using it for a month, I have to report that I am extremely happy with it. It is lightweight for travelling. The autoset works well. And it is extremely quiet. I have used the DeVillbiss online report generator to enter a code from the machine to provide information on the previous night's sleep. I feel this is adequate for my purposes, and that I don't need to pay $100 for more comprehensive software.

I live in Australia but ordered my machine from the U.S. because it was one third the price ($430) being asked for the same machine in Oz. My machine comes with a three year warranty. Later machines are around $60 dearer but have a five year warranty.

I use the Respironics Original ComfortGel CPAP Mask as it is adequate for my purposes at a very competitive price.

An update on the above post. I have just returned from a trip to Canada, Alaska, and across the U.S. from New York to Los Angeles. The Intellipap performed faultlessly at all altitudes, and was easy to carry. I am well satisfied with my purchase.

Post Reply Post Reply
SleepyHead software supports DeVilbiss Intellipap machines
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead/files/
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new using a cpap machine. I chose the Intellipap AutoAdjust for the look, price and available software. I know just where I stand on a daily basis just by checking my reports everyday. I would love to reset to autoadjust. Guess I'll ask the doc about that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose dfstarman 4 5,449 12-23-2022, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  [Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPap BiLevel DV55-S TheDuke 0 5,748 03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Last Post: TheDuke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.