Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] KnightsBridge ChinStrap [ADMIN NOTE: Caution- company website has been hacked]
RE: KnightsBridge ChinStrap
Doug your review is so helpful. I bought two Knightsbridge straps. I've had great help from the vendor.

First reaction: the Knightsbridge dual strap is very well made. Mine fits! They tell you how to measure before you order. I did that. Last night I tried to read the instructions as I was putting it on. I couldn't put my glasses on over the cap. So I took the cap off and read the instructions again. It's not hard to put the cap on.

I slept as I normally do. I woke up feeling well rested (That almost never happens for me.)

I downloaded my S9 Elite SD card to OSCAR.

I'm speechless. I've never seen ZERO LEAKAGE for the entire period that I slept. This is the first time since I started using Sleepyhead some long time ago.

My mask was recently refurbished. Clearly the mask is the right one, and in good shape too. ResMed N20 (Medium headgear and Medium cushion)

I am very grateful that I found your review. Chinstraps have been a real problem for me. This one works well for me.

Thank you!

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=25962]Here's my OSCAR screenshot from last night using my new Knightsbridge strap for the first time.

I'm impressed! ZERO leakage.  All night.

I've added a second screenshot showing more typical leakage for me. Same mask; recently refurbished. I *think* that I was using my home-made cushion under my jaw which works well (sometimes.)
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Ooops...here's the screenshot from a few days ago showing leakage that's more typical before I got the Knightsbridge dual strap.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Very impressive DaveL. Looks like this could even solve my leaks. Was the cap comfortable and reasonably cool? It looks like it should hold the headgear very securely.

You should contact the Knightsbridge owner and send him a link to this thread. I'm sure he would appreciate seeing the reviews.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had 15 or so headstraps. Some worked for a while. Some never worked. I had to pay for everyone of them. I've had 3 PapCaps. They worked for a while. My latest one slides down over my right eye the way I put it on. No I don't sleep well like that! I started waking up often to see if it was down over my right eye yet!

Knightsbridge dual strap was comfortable; it wasn't hot for me. It simply fit well and worked.

I'm claustrophobic. I've tried about 7 full face masks. However, the only one that I could keep on all night was the ResMed F20. It leaked so badly I might as well have just used a nasal mask and no chinstrap!

If I have to use all this crap, it had better work. Knightsbridge dual strap: hat's off to Larry. I'll send him a link. I'm very grateful to have the Knightsbridge dual strap. It's priceless. Yes, I would buy it again!

A remark: My mask headgear just fits over this cap. I can't wear my prescription glasses to read the instructions when I have the cap on. HOWEVER, my Clic reading glasses (cheaters/ not prescription.) fit fine. (Clic reading glasses have a fixed strap behind the head. They come apart at the nose (magnets) That's how you put them on. They're incredible for DIY projects around the house. They're incredible if I'm under the Jeep checking something out overhead. No, that doesn't happen often.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I used the Knightsbridge dual-strap for the second night. NO LEAKAGE!

I am so impressed with this strap. I would buy it again. I have 2 of them.....
There is no Canadian vendor for the strap. I did a search here, and followed links to buy mine. I've had questions, and they have been answered quickly. I'm pleased with the way the strap is designed, the way it's made and the results when I wear it. NO LEAKAGE in two nights of use.

A thought: if you read yourself to sleep, I can't get my prescription glasses on when I'm wearing the Knightsbridge strap. I do have Clic reading glasses that have a unique design. They do fit. The Clic reading glasses come apart at the nose, and have a fixed strap behind my head... they are not prescription glasses. I saw one of the old-timers on This Old House using them. They are incredible.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
A comment: I've bought 3 PapCaps. The owner used to be very helpful. He didn't respond when I asked for help this time. I've had problems using the PapCap the way I put it on. It slips down over my eye the way I attach the strap. That's awful, when you're claustrophobic as I am. It destroyed sleep quality for me.

This post is about the Knightsbridge dual-strap. I bought it after reading the review here. It replaced my most recent PapCap.

It's amazing. It goes on very easily. The instructions for use are explicit. They prevent fit and wearing problems. It goes on so easily, my hair isn't messed when I take it off in the morning!

I bought 2 Knightsbridge straps. I have a spare.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
The Knightsbridge Dual Strap is the best strap I've used.  
However, it's taken a little getting used to!
  • I've had leakage when I put it on in a hurry. A loose strap makes it possible to mouth-breath. (That's not the Knightsbridge strap's fault.)
  • I've had a minor mask problem because I put the mask on over the Knightsbridge strap.  I used a ResMed N20 MEDIUM with brand new head gear and cushion.  The 2 jaw straps on the mask were right over the edge of the KDS strap.  When I rolled on my right side the magnet clip on the RM N20 strap popped off.  The mask worked remarkably well with only 3 of the 4 straps attached!  
  • The fix! I got a brand new ResMed LARGE with large headgear and cushion.  Problem solved. the bottom 2 straps are just below the Knightsbridge dual strap.  Straps stay on!
  • I've had the Knightsbridge DS slide down my forehead a little.  
  • The fix! Last night...  Put the mask on.  Adjusted the two straps that go around my jaw.  Then i found slack on the strap behind my head that adjusts the cap size. I took up the slack on the strap on the back of my head that adjusts the cap size.  I'm being picky here.  I had *a little more* leakage after the Knightsbridge cap moved. However, I'd rather I had no leakage from my mask!

I have two collections of old chin straps that this one replaced.  Old straps: 
  • ones that don't work, and look light new!  
  • Old straps that worked well, but are worn out or stretched so they don't work anymore.
  • and: my Pap Cap has retired in disgust. It would slip so badly that I'd wake up from a sound sleep and couldn't see because the cap slipped over my right eye!

I use my ResMed N20 and Knightsbridge DS together to prevent mouth breathing. I'm claustrophobic.  I haven't found a full face mask that I can keep on my face all night! That includes the ResMed F20 full face mask.  (leaked horribly too.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2020, 09:57 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Very impressive DaveL. Looks like this could even solve my leaks.  Was the cap comfortable and reasonably cool?  It looks like it should hold the headgear very securely.  

You should contact the Knightsbridge owner and send him a link to this thread.  I'm sure he would appreciate seeing the reviews.

Hi Sleeprider!

It's comfortable. It's not hot.
I have sometimes had difficulty putting it on. I've put it on too loose sometimes, and I have had some leakage.  And I've put it on TOO TIGHT.

Last night I woke up during the night. I had put the KDS on very tight.  So it was uncomfortable.  I took my mask and strap off; then I put my mask back on but I had to shorten the 4 straps. ResMed N20 LARGE.

I decided I was going to wing it without any cushion, strap or other solution for mouth breathing.  Woke up this morning, and I didn't feel rested.  And got an email from MY AIR saying my mask was leaking, and I should investigate why...

When I got my new apap ResMed S10, I got a large N20 with it.  My size is a Medium N20. When I wear the medium mask with the KDS, the  right side jaw strap pops off because of the way it fits over the Knightsbridge strap. The magnetic connectors on the ResMed N20 come off easily Problem solved with the LARGE ResMed N20. 

Would I recommend the Knightsbridge DS after a month's use?  Sure. But I need to be careful how I put it on.  Would I recommend the PapCap (I've had 3.) No. The Knightsbridge strap is in my view much better.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
First, in my experience this is an excellent strap. (Just don't put it on too tight!)

Second, cpap (apap), mask and strap are a system. each item affects the others.

I had to make changes when I started using the Knightsbridge strap. I stumbled across solutions. It took about a month to figure it out. I'm relieved and happy that I finally figured it out.

When I bought my new apap machine I bought a new mask too. (Mask for the last year and a half is ResMed N20 MEDIUM. That's the right size for me.)
Every time I rolled on my side, the bottom strap came off. Reason? The bulk of the Knightsbridge Strap. Solution? Bought a ResMed N20 LARGE. It comes with a Large cushion insert. Strap is below the K.D.S. Strap stays on! Excellent.

For weeks I had high leakage rate. I blamed the Knightsbridge Dual Strap, or the way I put it on. But I was wrong.
Solution? Use a Medium cushion insert with the large headgear. It took a long time to figure this out!

Feelings? I feel rested and have more energy in the day. (I apologize for writing so much. I hope that my explanation helps others.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [Product Review] The company pulseoximeter kfujioka 2 3,476 09-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Product Review] Seatec SleepTight Chinstrap [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 5,206 02-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.