Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Mirage Quattro Air
RE: Quattro Air full-face mask
(09-01-2013, 07:15 AM)EDM Wrote: @SuperSleeper: I'm not allowed to post links to this forum? Why not? I wanted to post the fitting template right here! Why should I want to post anything else?

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum!

As a spam-prevention tool, our forum software prevents brand-new members from posting links. It's only a temporary measure that will be lifted automatically once a bit more time passes and you have made a few more posts.

If you have a non-commercial link to share that doesn't violate our forum rules, you can always "break" the link by inserting 2-3 spaces in the web address (in the http part and the www part), and telling others to "put the link back together" like in this example:

Original direct link sample:
http://www.myexamplewebsiteishere.com/page.htm

"Broken link" example:
ht tp://ww w.myexamplewebsiteishere.com/page.htm

In any case, like I said, this restriction on your member account will be lifted soon so you won't have to do this work-around. Just keep participating and it will go away.

Hope this helps!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Quattro Air full-face mask
Quattro Air full-face mask fitting template

ht tp://ww w.resmed.com/us/assets/documents/product/quattro_air_for_her/fitting_template/1016322_quattro-air-and-for-her_fitting-template_amer_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage Quattro Air
(07-09-2013, 09:58 PM)b360155 Wrote: Any more feedback on the Resmed Quattro Air? I've actually had very good results with the Quattro FX, zero leaks most nights...but always looking for a better mouse trap...or CPAP mask. I've met my health insurance deductible for the year so my cost will be minimal. Called my DME and plan to go down to try one out in the near future. Not sure if I like the fact that the mask and silicone cushion are one piece as that probably means more expense to replace. Also, kind of curious to hear comments on the lack of quick connectors from the headgear to the mask.

I got mine late last week. The first night I couldn't get a good fit, so I went back the the Quattro Fx.

Since so many people seem to like the mask, I tried it again, and like magic it fit with minimal leaks.

I've been using it ever since and am totally happy with it. Wearing the Quattro Fx now feels like I'm wearing a cup protector now, i.e. it hurts.

Another plus is with the Air my AHI is now consistently below 1 and last night, for the first time in years, I slept 6 straight hours.

One more advantage for me is when I get an itch under the mask, I can just remove the hose connector and scratch with the mask still on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2013, 11:36 AM)mdh235 Wrote: I got mine late last week. The first night I couldn't get a good fit, so I went back the the Quattro Fx.

Since so many people seem to like the mask, I tried it again, and like magic it fit with minimal leaks.

I've been using it ever since and am totally happy with it. Wearing the Quattro Fx now feels like I'm wearing a cup protector now, i.e. it hurts.

Another plus is with the Air my AHI is now consistently below 1 and last night, for the first time in years, I slept 6 straight hours.

One more advantage for me is when I get an itch under the mask, I can just remove the hose connector and scratch with the mask still on.

Glad you like it and hope it continues to work for you! Therapy is so much easier to deal with when you have a mask that works for you. I've gone away from the Quattro FX as well and am exclusively using the Quattro Air now. I guess at least for me, I found a better mouse trap!Way-to-happy
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wondering how it is in terms of room near the bridge of the nose... I've found side sleeping with the Quattro Mirage a bit of an issue as the hard frame pressed against the side of my nose near the bridge. Made it a bit uncomfotable (sore when I got up in the morning).

My DME is game to try something else, so we're going to be trying a Quattro Air to see if it is better for me. I know my Mirage FX has been great....hopefully the upsized version will do well too.

Thoughts?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2013, 03:26 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Just wondering how it is in terms of room near the bridge of the nose... I've found side sleeping with the Quattro Mirage a bit of an issue as the hard frame pressed against the side of my nose near the bridge. Made it a bit uncomfotable (sore when I got up in the morning).

My DME is game to try something else, so we're going to be trying a Quattro Air to see if it is better for me. I know my Mirage FX has been great....hopefully the upsized version will do well too.

Thoughts?

If you haven't seen it, here's a video that gives you a good look at fitting the Quattro Air. No guarantees, but I think you'll like it if you can get a good seal. It's much lighter weight than the Mirage Quattro and more cushioned around the nose and I wouldn't think any of the hard plastic would come into contact with your nose unless you really have to cinch it down tight, which I don't do. I haven't used the Mirage FX, but the concept looks very similar with the flex wing forehead support. Good luck, hope you like it!

Quattro Air Fitting Video
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the video and the way the seal is built on my Mirage FX, I am hoping that there is a little more room side to side for my nose...or at least a little more protection. It wasn't that I was "bottoming out" my nose against the front of the mask, but rather when side sleeping, the QM was deflecting so that the hard plastic was pressed against the side of my nose near the bridge (where the nose goes from somewhat pliable to a lot more firm).

With my pressure being on the lower side, I should (should being the operative word) be able to get a seal...here's hoping for some good things. I'll report back when I've had a chance to try things out.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I've been using this mask for about two weeks and I am fairly happy with it. I used the Quattro FX with some success but ultimately, the leaks were just too hard to get under control. My AHI and leak numbers when wearing a full face mask are great, but they tend to shoot air over the bridge of my nose, probably because I have a deviated septum and just a weird nose in general. But between the forehead support on the Air and a bit of tightening, I have this mask nearly leak free. Now I will say that after a week I started to develop very dry, irritated skin where the mask sealed against my face. I washed it and purchased a padacheek mask liner and it has not come back. It may have just been because I stupidly did not wash the mask after purchasing it. By the way padacheek does have some mask liners in stock for this mask despite it not being on their website, if you want one (I recommend it) I would email them and ask if they still have any. Overall I'm pretty happy with this mask and would recommend it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh some other things I didn't think of:

- I really prefer the little loops to the clips on the Quattro FX.
- The vent holes are great, unlike other masks they don't blow in front of you and you don't end up shooting air all over a pillow or your sleeping partner.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok...first night of trial for the Quattro Air...time for some first impressions...

It is a very light weight ffm, very few parts and it is very much a scaled up version of my usual Mirage FX nasal mask. It was easy enough to set up and, with my Mirage experience, the hooks were no problem to use. The mask stayed secure through the night (tummy, side and back sleeping) and I was not woken up to any "mask farts" or leaks.

During the initial set up, and when using the "fit test" function on my own machine (20cm H2O pressure), I found that the mask would leak a bit at the bottom, where it contacts the area between the mouth and chin. I've adjusted the headgear to tweak the angle and that did help...but I still found it easy for the mask to break contact with the face and "slide" in this area when you open your mouth any. I'll be trying a mask wipe for my chin and this portion of the mask tonight to see if the textured/frosted silicone seal can be a bit more "tacky" and grip a bit better. Could be an issue as this is a loaner mask vs. brand new (i.e. maybe some deposits left over from the cleaning or something), or it could be a function of the texture...not sure at this point.

Although I was using a higher tension on the headgear than what I was used to (no surprising considering the larger area covered by the ffm at my usual pressure...pressure x area = force...up the area, and it ups the force that the headgear needs to deal with), there were no headaches in the morning and no mask or headgear marks beyond what I usually have with my nasal mask. The headgear itself was a little "off" from what I was anticipating from my Mirage FX....can't put a finger on it, but there was something just not quite as I would expect from ResMed...could be a loaner issue.

The quick release elbow is a nice feature...definitely easier to just pop off the hose to make a "trip down the hall" or shut off a light than having to peel the whole mask off and re-set it again when you get back

Overall, the initial impression is very favorable. Here are my break-downs:

Weight: 5
Comfort: 5
Multi-position use: 5
Sealing: 4 (pending figuring out the chin area issue)
Headgear: 4 (could be due to it being a loaner)

Overall (and assuming some of the issues are due to loaner / use): 5

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask Dreamcatcher 33 51,691 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  [Product Review] Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro? b360155 35 55,663 02-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] Quattro Air full face mask britincanada 14 18,540 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Micro Nasal Mask zonk 3 8,876 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Product Review] Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 25 31,543 10-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DOOM_NX
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,610 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,577 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.