Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Mirage Quattro Air
RE: Mirage Quattro Air
just completed my first night with quattro air mask, i have been waiting for this mask for quite a few weeks

as already been said you notice the difference in weight as soon as you put it on, it feels a lot lighter and does not have the discomfort that i was experiencing with my current mirage mask, i was getting very fed up of all the red marks on my face each morning, fingers crossed this is a thing of the past

its definitely a lot quieter with its new design or air flow, a lot easier to put on and easier to take apart to clean

i also found it easier to sleep on my side with this mask without it sliding off or feeling uncomfortable and am looking forward to night 2
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-30-2013, 03:27 PM)eviltim Wrote: So I've been using this mask for about two weeks and I am fairly happy with it. I used the Quattro FX with some success but ultimately, the leaks were just too hard to get under control. My AHI and leak numbers when wearing a full face mask are great, but they tend to shoot air over the bridge of my nose, probably because I have a deviated septum and just a weird nose in general. But between the forehead support on the Air and a bit of tightening, I have this mask nearly leak free. Now I will say that after a week I started to develop very dry, irritated skin where the mask sealed against my face. I washed it and purchased a padacheek mask liner and it has not come back. It may have just been because I stupidly did not wash the mask after purchasing it. By the way padacheek does have some mask liners in stock for this mask despite it not being on their website, if you want one (I recommend it) I would email them and ask if they still have any. Overall I'm pretty happy with this mask and would recommend it.

eviltim:
Just curious how your leak rates compare with the Padacheek liner versus without it. For me, without the Padacheek my leak rate usually falls between 1.2 to 4.8. I just picked up a Padacheek (which by the way is now shown on the website) and the last 2 nights my leak rate has been 7.2 and 8.4, so a bit higher, but still well within the acceptable range. Still, I don't feel any leaks blowing on my face and the microfiber fabric is quite comfortable and I sleep through the night without any problems. Also, I'd think with the Padacheek liner that the silicone face cushion will last a lot longer and you don't have to wash the mask as frequently so maintenance is easier.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that sounds about right. For instance, here's a graph from before I added the liner

[Image: X1Yu3rG.png]

[Image: jWieFy6.png]

And after. You can see that the liner adds a constant small leak, but has a lot of benefits and the leaks are still well below 24/L
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2013, 03:58 PM)eviltim Wrote: Yeah, that sounds about right. For instance, here's a graph from before I added the liner

[Image: X1Yu3rG.png]

[Image: jWieFy6.png]

And after. You can see that the liner adds a constant small leak, but has a lot of benefits and the leaks are still well below 24/L

Yikes, what happened in the "before" graph between 4:30 and 5:00? I tried the Padacheek 2 nights ago with the little felt strip that hangs down over the nose bridge portion sticking outside the mask and my leaks went back down to levels I was experiencing without the mask liner. So last night I cut the felt strip off and my leaks are back to their lowest levels again. Too-happy-2
Post Reply Post Reply
I have no idea on that one, but thankfully it hasn't happened again. Must have smashed my face into a pillow really good. Cool tip, I'll try that one soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update on my experience...trying a Lg (new one this time). The headgear issue was due to the previous mask being a loaner...the new one is solid.

The occasional leaks at the chin are due to the design...it is an air seal and air cushion design and, with the larger cut-out for the nose and chin, those are the more likely leak points. Keeping the seal clean helps keep the "optimum" sealing abilities of the mask and seems to minimize leaks.

I'm actually pretty impressed overall...I'm getting some pretty great results regardless of what my nose is doing (plugged up or not) and the mask is comfortable enough that I may actually make life easier on myself and just go with it all the time, rather than switching back and forth (pending trial of one other mask).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2013, 11:32 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: Update on my experience...trying a Lg (new one this time). The headgear issue was due to the previous mask being a loaner...the new one is solid.

The occasional leaks at the chin are due to the design...it is an air seal and air cushion design and, with the larger cut-out for the nose and chin, those are the more likely leak points. Keeping the seal clean helps keep the "optimum" sealing abilities of the mask and seems to minimize leaks.

I'm actually pretty impressed overall...I'm getting some pretty great results regardless of what my nose is doing (plugged up or not) and the mask is comfortable enough that I may actually make life easier on myself and just go with it all the time, rather than switching back and forth (pending trial of one other mask).

I am a new CPAP user - 6 weeks and was started with the Quattro Air - grey (men's) size small. The technician seemed to think it was the right size and being "new" I agreed. It was easy to adjust to, I can even do it by touch in the dark.

The problem is when I submitted my data prior to my first follow-up with my doctor I had really high leak rates. I had noticed some leaks when my unit kicked up to the automatic sleep level of 18, but apparently I was not conscious of the number.

It seemed that the leaks were caused by the mask being too long for my face. If I got the chin to "seal" it would leak in the eye area. I went back in and they gave me the women's (pink) in a size small. We even tested it at my maximum pressure in the office because it felt too small to me. NO leaks. It has worked equally well at home, in my opinion.

I will upload my data next week before I go to the doctor and let you know if it is really working as well as expected.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2013, 12:11 AM)sfr Wrote: I am a new CPAP user - 6 weeks and was started with the Quattro Air - grey (men's) size small. The technician seemed to think it was the right size and being "new" I agreed. It was easy to adjust to, I can even do it by touch in the dark.

The problem is when I submitted my data prior to my first follow-up with my doctor I had really high leak rates. I had noticed some leaks when my unit kicked up to the automatic sleep level of 18, but apparently I was not conscious of the number.

It seemed that the leaks were caused by the mask being too long for my face. If I got the chin to "seal" it would leak in the eye area. I went back in and they gave me the women's (pink) in a size small. We even tested it at my maximum pressure in the office because it felt too small to me. NO leaks. It has worked equally well at home, in my opinion.

I will upload my data next week before I go to the doctor and let you know if it is really working as well as expected.

Welcome to the forum! Hope your data supports your belief that you've found a mask that seals well and allows you to get proper therapy and a good nights sleep. If you've been able to find the right mask for you in just 6 weeks, you're one of the lucky ones!Dancing Let us know how things turn out.Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!! So far the experience has not been as bad as I expected. Due to the leaks and other health issues I am still getting up extremely tired, so I was disappointed NOT to feel better immediately. I am hoping that the new mask will do the trick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2013, 07:16 AM)sfr Wrote: Thanks!! So far the experience has not been as bad as I expected. Due to the leaks and other health issues I am still getting up extremely tired, so I was disappointed NOT to feel better immediately. I am hoping that the new mask will do the trick.

Don't be too discouraged if you don't feel like you're getting immediate benefits. Some people report immediate benefits in levels of alertness while for others, including myself, the benefits occur gradually over a longer period of time. I was able to control leaks and get to where I could sleep through the night fairly quickly after starting CPAP therapy, however I didn't notice any great improvement in energy levels right away. For me, it was a gradual process over a number of months. Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask Dreamcatcher 33 51,684 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  [Product Review] Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro? b360155 35 55,656 02-12-2015, 07:50 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] Quattro Air full face mask britincanada 14 18,530 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Micro Nasal Mask zonk 3 8,874 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Product Review] Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 25 31,538 10-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DOOM_NX
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,609 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,575 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.