Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask
RE: Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask
I haven't had any fitment issues at all with mine, but this is a "good" mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2012, 06:14 PM)Duckdog58 Wrote: I haven't had any fitment issues at all with mine, but this is a "good" mask?

The Resmed Mirage Quattro is probably one of the all time best selling masks...but it didn't work for me because it hurt the bridge of my nose. For me, the Quattro FX has been the best. A "good" mask is any mask that is comfortable for you to wear and produces good results.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2012, 07:19 PM)b360155 Wrote: The Resmed Mirage Quattro is probably one of the all time best selling masks...but it didn't work for me because it hurt the bridge of my nose.

Several have commented that the Mirage Quatro either leaked around their nose and eyes, or hurt the bridge of their nose.

I highly recommend the ResMed Gecko Nasal Pad, which protects the bridge of the nose from getting hurt, and seals leaks around the eyes and nose. I suppose ResMed named these nasal pads so, for insurance purposes, they can be billed as nasal pads, which many insurance programs allow to be re-ordered every month or two. But I think Nose Protectors or Eye & Nose Leak Guards might have been equally appropriate names for the product.

Using the Gecko pad, I can keep the Mirage Quatro adjusted all the way up (minimizing pressure on the bridge of my nose) and still experience zero leaks, all night long. I have been using one for two months and it it still quite servicable. (I wash it daily with normal hand soap, and use the clear plastic re-closable container it comes in, to store it in.

Link: http://www.resmed.com/us/products/gecko_...c=patients

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Different strokes for different folks...I tried a Gecko Pad and it made the leaks worse for me. It sounded like a great idea but for me at least, I found the pad to be too thick and it leaked worse at the point where the mask cushion transitioned from being against the pad versus against my cheek. Reading customer reviews online, it seems to work great for some and not at all for others. Dont-know
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
pad-a-cheek liners has solved all of my leak problems.

I have the Quattro FX with slightly higher pressures.... 21 inhalation / 15 exhalation
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried this mask amongst many others and found that I could go to bed and it wasn't leaking but after a couple of hours I would wake up and it would be leaking like crazy. Nothing I tried could ever solve this problem so tried a F&P Simplus full face mask and what a difference. It is much lighter and seals great. I am a side sleeper and no leak problems whatsoever. Also much easier to clean as it only has 3 pieces.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a Quattro fx for over 2 years and it has not been a great experience. Currently, I wake up a lot at night and the reason is that the Velcro comes undone.

I have an appt. next week to get a new and different mask. The DME I have to go to only has masks on face mannequins and we are not allowed to try them on. I am also certain that they do not have the latest and new ffm on those mannequin heads.

So, I was hoping to get a list of ffm that are comfortable (maybe gel that is similar to the F&P Simplus that we cannot get in the U.S. right now). Also, would prefer one with the hooks rather than the clips.

Thanks much
Post Reply Post Reply
"This is without any hesitation the best CPAP mask on the market today, bar none..."
yO tg A huge amen TO THAT. juST STARTED MYSELF AS copd FOR 4 YEARS AND i HAD BEEN THROUGH A NUMBER TOO. i HAVE A CONSISTENT OXY LEVEL PF 97-98 AFTER 6 HOURS A NIGHT AND I NEVER USE A OXYGENATOR AGAIN.

This was the SILVER BULLET I WAS LOOKING FOR.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2012, 05:55 AM)b360155 Wrote: Different strokes for different folks...I tried a Gecko Pad and it made the leaks worse for me. It sounded like a great idea but for me at least, I found the pad to be too thick and it leaked worse at the point where the mask cushion transitioned from being against the pad versus against my cheek. Reading customer reviews online, it seems to work great for some and not at all for others. Dont-know

I too found that the these would cause leaks at the edge until I figured out I could slide it in between the thin layer that seals to your face and the thicker liner of the mask. I'm doing this with an Amara but should work the same....

I guess for me I was getting leaks in my eyes and the bridge of my nose getting chewed up because I have a 'steep' nose... this fills the gap most masks create while adding a layer of protection to the bridge.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the Mirage Quattro. Periodically I need to change the headgear, and I invariably end up spending days--sometimes weeks--trying to get it adjusted right. Usually I get a dent on the bridge of my nose. Has anyone found a good way to restore the fit of the mask after a headgear change?

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 687 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,034 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,312 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,618 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,839 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,244 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
Thumbsup [Product Review] Resmed Air TOUCH F20 full-face mask Gooserider 13 5,812 01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.