Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] New Dreamstation 2 Advanced Auto
New Dreamstation 2 Advanced Auto

Well into the 3rd week and I must say I am very disappointed.  I have been on CPAP therapy for over 10 years and this is my 3 machine.  All Phillips ... thier last upgrade is so disappointing.  

1. Humidifier does not work.  Well at least it will not heat up unless you remove the tank and depress the heater plate.  I have tried every thing to make sure I have the properly installed.. no avail.

2. Touch Screen is not so touchy.  Very difficult to get the screen to register when you touch it.  When it does it is not even close to the ICON/item you are wishing to change.  It is also very small and can only be viewed from the top.  On your night stand one must set up in bed to see the screen that is a best difficult to work at all..

3. It definitely louder than my original dreamstation.  Not a real deal breaker for me as we use a lot white noise.

4. Pro.. It is dark grey/black and looks so much better on our furniture. 

5. Pro... It does work welll as a CPAP machine for breathing as long as one to not need humidification or to make changes to settings

I bought this machine for $700 from [Commercial Link Removed]  Supplier #1 using a coupon code.  I am calling tomorrow to to see what my options are.  I have never sent a mask or machine back and I am a pretty tolerant person but this machine is the worst example I have ever seen.  Whatever the outcome i will probably go with the Airsense 10... with the foam problem with the original dreamstation and this Dreamstation 2 disaster...  I am not sure if a focus group was used to design this cpap, but if so i am not sure they were cpap users...

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Dreamstation 2 Advanced Auto
like Update on post.  The dealer contacted Phillips and they are going to replace my machine right away.  That is great customer service.  I can live with the other design issues as long at everything works..
Post Reply Post Reply
Please let us know if new machine also is as loud as first one, and has humidifier problem
Post Reply Post Reply
The OSCAR development team would also love a sample of your SD card data so that we can (some day) add support for it.

If you're willing, please upload a zip of your SD card to https://www.dropbox.com/request/6VeFzBXa4qZ37EgphL5b

We only use samples for OSCAR development and testing, we do not publish the samples publicly, and we internally anonymize the data as soon as we can (which is not yet for DreamStation 2).

Edit: Also, if you upload the SD card, please PM me with your model number and serial number. Normally that's obvious from the SD card, but they've obscured it in the DreamStation 2, so for the moment we'd like that additional information for reference as we analyze the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am so sorry... I did not see the request for data.  Shortly after I inserted a new card in the DS2 I got messages it could not read or write to the card.  I reformatted the card on computer and still to no avail... The machine did not come with one so I used a new ScanDisk 64MB card and changed the card to a new one of the same brand and size.  A few days later got the same message.  put the card in my computer and opened it up.. no files of any size or substance other than formatting code... any suggestions... just been using without data card...using their crappy app..
Post Reply Post Reply
Most CPAPs are limited to using an SD card no larger than 32-GB. The CPAP's firmware is limiting the addressable size of memory.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Poor planning - my local computer store is usually out of stock on 32 GB and smaller cards. How long have the 64 GB and larger cards been available? Surely within the planning cycle of the new machines.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
While it is a waste of SD card space, you can probably repartition a larger card with only one, 32MB partition and format it as FAT32. That's worked for me on a 64GB Toshiba FlashAir card (along with other changes not related to partition size and format).
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just started using the Dreamstation 2 and one thing I really like is how quiet it is! It's much quieter than my 5 year old Dreamstation. The Dreamstation 2 was shipped directly to me so I called my dme supplier to see how to set it up. They said it was ready to go and just plug it in. I did that and somehow it did pick up the pressure settings and even connected to the DreamMapper App on my computer. I did have to enter the ramp value I wanted. So far my results are similar to what I was getting on my original Dreamstation.

I have the Dreamstation setting on a low shelf on a bedside table so I find the top reading screen to be very convenient. Also I found the touch screen to work very well.

I haven't tried the humidifier yet as I only use a humidifier on the CPAP when the air is very dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Recall replacement Dream station for a month or so. My Humidifier seems to be working.  That was one setting that was not automatically setup correctly. It was on 5, the max. I was woke up by hearing water water gurgle as the hose was full.  It shows 5 settings but you can only access 3.    Also the AHI is always a lot higher on the machine's display than  on Dream Mapper. For instance this morning it showed 9.7 on the machine but 4 on Dream Mapper.  It's a brick that blows air I guess
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Upgrade/Review: Dreamstation to Dreamstation 2 PajamaGame 3 8,945 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: CurtA
  [Product Review] Dreamstation Bipap Auto SV C0mbe 6 9,368 01-23-2019, 07:05 AM
Last Post: My3rd3y3
  [Product Review] Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP (A beginners review) stephennic 8 18,447 12-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Last Post: AshSF

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.