Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask
Snooks  -  Since this is a product review area, there is a more detailed discussion in the Main forum.  Here is a link to a post within that thread that addresses some of your problem.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid443660
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimso Nape I will check that out, I had not seen it. Thanks
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
@yankees123

"I also found that the mask irritates the lower portion of my nose which I solved by using a piece of a bandaid.  With all of this I still find that the mask is not very comfortable."
I had the same issue with the mask irritating the lower portion of my nose.  Solved it.

The strap over the top of my head is adjustable. I lengthened it; no problem now.

Summary for me:
the Evora Full is the only full face mask I've been able to wear all night long. I wake up once at night. So the mask is a keeper. I'm claustrophobic! This mask is excellent.

What's hard for me--
1. leakage. It's unsolvable, so far.
2. comfort. it's not the most comfortable (maybe too tight? I've tried making straps loser/then it leaks more!)
3. didn't know there's a large headgear. I'm NOT going to buy another mask to see if it fits better. Mask in Canada is $200CDN! Buying across the border doesn't work.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
This is a good mask. Better made than others. And it's not a copy. I wanted it to work for me. Now it does.

I saw my DME supplier and they fitted me; I had bought the mask online. They fitted me out of the goodness of their heart.

Changes:

1. Large insert. I had tried it before they made it fit by adjusting the mask right
2. Adjustment. Tighter than I expected. Tighter than I had done.
3. I had tightened the over-the-head strap. That made the bottom of my nose heart

First night: leakage was controlled. AHI was 0.0

It's a good mask.

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

I have been using the Evora FF for a while now. I get very few leaks, no leakage into my eyes, and a decent fit. I got it because I was having to sleep on my back more but when I did roll over, it still stayed in place. Strap adjustment  is key and it took several nights and even more trying it on during the day to get it right.

The only problem I have is the mask (the cushions I think) provide constant pressure onto the sides of my nose which resulted in intense sore spots that lasted for most of the day. Putting the mask back on at night was painful. I tried all the cushion sizes but had similar results.

I will keep this mask around, though, because the seal was so great. I will use it for when I am stuck on my back again for extended periods.

Edited to add: I have tried many other FF masks. I would have kept with the Simplus but could not stop the leaking around my nose. This one stopped the leaks!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Evora Full (full face mask)

I've bought a second one. First and second nights were magnificent.
I've gone back to my previous DME supplier. Their service is so good.

This new mask has solved my leakage problem Key for me was
1. Good DME fitting
2. Top strap--as suggested by a poster. It should be the first strap set.

I'm so grateful for the help here.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
@PaulaO2

This mask is counterintuitive....
I watched the MyMask app a bunch of times.
I hold the mask cushion in my left hand. I set it gently. I check the bottom fit, and slide it down a smidge. That step is essential. It prevents nose abuse and extremely-sore-nose-disease. The bottom of the cushion is just slightly below my jaw line. Where I often forget to shave.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
The trick for getting a good Evora seal that works for me:
I set the mask in place then turn the machine on. As the pressure comes up near the highest point, I lift the cushion off my face and let the air fill each part of the cushion. Then I gently settle the mask down onto my face, and make any slight positional adjustments.

Most of the time this ensures a very good seal and very low leak rates for the night. Anyone else find success with this method?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at my F&P Evora Full and came back to read your post.

I need to change how I use this mask. Somehow I have a wonderful night. Next night--same routine--and my AHI is 16 or something. I've never had so many non compliant nights as I've had with this mask.

The other issue I have is I'll wake up and need to rush because I'm in trouble. After I'm done Ill come back and try to put the gear back on. I'll put on the mask; leave the cushion wherever it is. Won't put on the cap. Result is another bad night. Once that starts I'm done like dinner.

So I've been wearing my ResMed N20 with a Knightsbridge Dual Band cap. No pillow. My mask marks are troughs in my face. That's why I like the F&P Evora Full. When it's good, it's very very good. When it's bad it's horrid and I want to put my cpap gear in a box and recycle it.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 665 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,301 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,599 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,819 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,236 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,788 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Thumbsup [Product Review] Resmed Air TOUCH F20 full-face mask Gooserider 13 5,802 01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.