Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask
New F&P Evora Full Face Mask
I usually use either the bleep mask or the dreamwear under the nose nasal masks.  I wanted a full face mask when I have a cold or need a break from mouth taping which I need to use with the nasal masks.  
I have tried several full face masks but I wasn't happy with any of them, especially with the seal.  I have to say the evora full is amazing for me.  I usually get a leak rate close to zero each night with the nasal masks, but not with the full face masks I tried in the past.   The evora full gives me zero leaks through the night.  I believe it is because of the stability wings that holds the cushion in place.  In the beginning wearing it it was a little difficult getting the position of the mask on my face,  but after trying it out a while  I found the way to keep it on comfortably.  
The only negative about the mask is where the air vents out in front of the mask.  It blows a pretty good blast and sleeping on my side I had to position it so it wouldn't hit my pillow.  I wish they come up with a better way to expel the air on full face masks.  
I ordered the mask from Remsleep in Australia.  It took two weeks to arrive and with the dollar exchange it cost $155.  I am happy I purchased this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New F&P Evora Full Face Mask
Thanks for the review. I am eager to get mine and try it out. It's still sitting in Australia waiting to catch a flight this way. I don't have any leaks with my Dreamwear FFM so I'm thinking the F&P should be good too.
Post Reply Post Reply
David, if you are doing so well with the dreamwear why switch?
Post Reply Post Reply
I totally understand that question..and it's a good one. Always looking for something that might be a little better, a little more comfortable, need a little less tension on the straps...etc. I'm barely 3 months into this and I have a bag full of hit and miss masks hanging in my closet. It's kind of like if you carry a handgun. You buy the gun you want but you end up with a drawer full of holsters until you find "the one."
Post Reply Post Reply
Completely understand David, always want more comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your review. I use Bleep and the Evora nasal mask currently. I would like a good FFM for colds and allergies or just want to skip mouth taping. It appears the Evora Full fits the bill for what I’m looking seeking and will probably consider getting it from Australia rather than waiting here in the US for it to make an appearance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yippee Kioh, let us know when you receive it and what your feedback of the mask is.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm based in Australia and I purchased the Evora FFM about 6 weeks ago and had a very "challenging time" with it.

I am a side sleeper and the first night it felt good, but the Oscar Report showed I had a few unacceptable leaks throughout the evening. It also made the bottom (underside) of the nose between my nostrils a bit sore. The second evening I tried again, adjusted a bit more carefully and had an almost perfect evening, AHI under 0.5 and very minimal leaks. Since then it has been a nnightmare and I have never had a decent evening. I stopped using it for a few days, then tried, then stopped again and after 5-6 attempts i've given up.

It may be me but I cant get the seal and the tension correct. I loosely tighten the top straps and it pulls my nose to one side unless you have the the exact same tension on each side. Tighten the bottom straps to much and it pulls the nasal part down and breaks the seal.

The exhaust vents are incredibly noisy and expel a significantly strong breeze , so if you are sleeping with a partner you can expect issues. The headgear is ok but typical cheap velcro that like the Resmead head wear, the velcro does not hold well after a couple of months.

I was very disappointed, I will probably try again at some stage but yeh......... I cant think of much more to say .
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks, I also have the Evora full mask.  I was also very excited about it.  As far as the exhaust vents I cut a piece of filter and placed it over the vents.  That solves the problem of excessive air venting and noise .  I also found that the mask irritates the lower portion of my nose which I solved by using a piece of a bandaid.  With all of this I still find that the mask is not very comfortable.  I usually use a nasal mask and wanted a full face mask when I wanted to have a break from mouth taping.  I will keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yankees 123,

So it wasnt just me?. Thats good to know but still disappointing.

I am using the Large Size, but i still feel that the mask is not quite wide enough and a couple of times the mask has ridden up a fraction and the bottom silicone has gone into my mouth and I have woken up chewing it. I got it basically because i am going for cataract surgery in a few months and i will have my eye covered so i cant use the Resmed F20 FFM because it will put pressure on the covering, hence the Evora was intended to be used during that time. So i will keep trying. Cheers.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 9 1,406 04-11-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Lgibson
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,462 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 26,084 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,290 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,387 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 13,175 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Thumbsup [Product Review] Resmed Air TOUCH F20 full-face mask Gooserider 13 6,033 01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.