Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] North American Healthcare JB5651 Cpap Hose Holder
North American Healthcare JB5651 Cpap Hose Holder

After reading a few comments here and elsewhere from folks whose only regret about this device was not getting one sooner, I searched for a CPAP hose holder, ordered the exact one named in the title of this review, and couldn't agree more with the suggestion.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7666]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7667]

There are a few other CPAP hose holders reviewed in this forum...

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Dura-Care

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-by-Arden

...but I'd go with this one. The first one above may no longer be available and the second one (by Arden) appears to be a slightly older variation which is more expensive (US$29.95 and CA$37.35 from apneaboard.com suppliers) and which takes a bit more futzing about to put together the base which inserts between the mattress and the box spring.

It goes for $14.48 (+ $7.21 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Canada) on a popular online shopping site owned by the richest human on the planet Rolleyes . By the way, Canadians, do not order from this guy's Canadian version of the site since, as is often the case, the same item sells there for CDN$ 63.61 Oh-jeez .

Pros:
  • Even if, as with me, your CPAP hose isn't so much of a bother, even though you might be a side-sleeper or toss and turn frequently during the night, this really eliminates any incidences of rolling over on your hose, getting it wedged between your mattress and the headboard, or annoying tugging.
  • Easy to install.
  • Stays put once installed.
  • Folds up nicely into the provided pouch for traveling.
  • Although less of an issue if you have a heated hose, helps alleviate rainout.
  • Did I mention price?
Cons:
  • Due to its IV stand-like appearance, makes your bed look just a little more like a hospital bed, rather than a place of rest and the occasional romp Licklips Bouncy .  (Although it might be an intriguing conversation starter for the swinging from the chandeliers crowd :Banana  )

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: North American Healthcare JB5651 Cpap Hose Holder
Nice review.  Thanks!   Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good review, amigo. Now on my wish list. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one, and when I'm away from home, and don't take it with me... I realize how much I like it. :-)

It really does make the whole thing much more comfortable. My only issue is that I wish I could put it under the mattress between the headboard and the bed... rather then on the side. But that isn't an issue with the device, it's a positional thing with the wall, my bed, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2018, 06:04 PM)Sheepish Wrote: Cons:
  • Due to its IV stand-like appearance, makes your bed look just a little more like a hospital bed, rather than a place of rest and the occasional romp Licklips Bouncy .  (Although it might be an intriguing conversation starter for the swinging from the chandeliers crowd :Banana  )

Hmmm, hows the reflection in the ceiling mirror? or is that too much info? Lolabove

Looks interesting, I prefer my setup  for comfort, but i'm sure it works and does the job admirably.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

Attention, Kmart Shoppers!
Bluelight Special!

Kmart has it for $11.76.*
Amazon has it for $11 now.*
Walgreen's has it for for $8.59.*

*US only.

If you are determined or restricted to buying within Canada, the Canadian version of the "A" site has now reduced its price to a low, low CDN$55.27. Perturbed Thanks a lot.

Edit: Very well, although price and availability are generally considered helpful elements in a product review (no links to commercial websites, though, in keeping with board policy), I'll sweeten the pot with a few more review points.

Pros:
  • If you look more closely at the pictures, the part the hose hangs from is a kind of supple loop of wound material in the style of telephone cords of old, and this hangs from a somewhat elastic bungee cord strung from the inside of the metal tubing. The net effect, contrary to similar models with fixed attachments for the hose, is that there is just the right amount of give and take for the hose to move with you when you turn over, for instance, yet without drooping down too much and getting in the way. In other words, it's designed to gently extend and retract as you might toss and turn through the night, without any uncomfortable tugging at your mask.

(Possible) Cons:
  • Some people on the Interwebs have complained that the base, which inserts between the mattress and the box spring, snapped or broke after a while. Hard to say if it was this exact model or a previous variant that had this problem, so time will tell.
*Tested so far by inserting the base at the head of the bed, between the mattress and the headboard, not on the side of the bed as in the above illustrations.

*Tested so far with a Resmed AirFit P10 and a Respironics DreamWear nasal cushion mask. While it works well with the P10, it really shines with Dreamwear, making its headtop hose connection even more unobtrusive and "seamless."

Post Reply Post Reply
Please remember that this is the review forum and posts should be limited to reviews only.
Post Reply Post Reply
I drop it over the side of the bed and it lays on the floor until I pick it up the next night.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
I am a new CPAP user, and thus far the wrestle with me and the hose continues.  Desperate to be tame the hose and be victorious I purchased the North American Healthcare JB5651 CPAP Hose Holder.

I placed it at the head of my bed between my bed and headboard.  My CPAP also sits on my headboard so that also made things easier.  (At the side of the bed I could easily see me forgetting it was there if I had to wake up in the middle of night and the disaster that would ensue.)

It has only been one night, but ...

According to my digital watch and corresponding sleep app, I had record breaking still and deep sleep numbers last night! Sleep-on-pillow

It is essentially a glorified tent post; however, the design allowed me to quickly collapse it and tuck it away and out of sight this morning.  It comes with a small travel bag and hence makes it very portable and travel friendly.

I am not a fan of the blue color, but the fact that it can be collapsed and tucked away is super handy.  I suppose if it really bothered me that much I could get a spray paint can and paint it what ever color I felt appropriate.  Maybe for Christmas make it look like a candy cane???  Tongue

The low price as mentioned prior aided in the purchasing decision. 

Conclusion: 5 Stars for me! Recommended! 5
Post Reply Post Reply
I've kinda steered away from these as it looks like something suited for a hospital side holding a IV bag.... I use a snuggle hose and simply drap it over me. Perhaps I'll get one of these eventually.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Slim Lightweight White Performance Hose (6 foot) DancesWithCats 0 430 12-23-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
Arrow [Product Review] Wahah Foldable CPAP Hose Holder Utah Desert Rat 5 2,231 01-14-2022, 11:00 PM
Last Post: midwestguy
  [Product Review] CPAPology Houdini CPAP Hose Support System Desiree 1 2,278 03-22-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Cpap626
  [Product Review] Cozy "Hose Boss" Gooserider 1 2,488 02-20-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] Cpap Hose Lift by Arden Iceracer 4 6,956 05-29-2019, 12:09 AM
Last Post: lab rat
  [Product Review] Premium CPAP Hose Holder by Dura Care MobileBasset 0 5,214 06-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Last Post: MobileBasset

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.