Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics
Idea 
UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics
Just wanted to share my experience with everyone since I have seen so many posts about battery backup options as an UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for when the power goes out, or for use when camping/outdoors, etc. 

Phillips Respironics makes an official battery for all DreamStation and System One PAP devices.  It's specifically BOTH a UPS AND a travel battery.  It runs for 14+ HOURS!  Yes!  Plus, it is FAA approved for air travel!  It's called the Philips Respironics Travel Battery Kit and the SKU# is 1124009.

[Image: maxresdefault_3.jpg]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018_06_22_at_9_32_11_PM.png]

I must say... Those run times are incredible compared to other options!

I just received it, and I'm extremely impressed with this product.  Easy.  Simple.  And I even simulated a power outage by unplugging the power cord from the outlet while my CPAP was running, and you couldn't tell it was unplugged at all!

If anybody has any questions about it whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask below, and I will try to answer what I can about it.  

A+ so far!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics
Very impressive.

Have you tried it with the heated humidifier on?

Thank you,
v/r
Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) for CPAP - PAP Battery Kit by Phillips Respironics
Thanks for the review. Sounds like a nice UPS option for Respironics users.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Slim Lightweight White Performance Hose (6 foot) DancesWithCats 0 387 12-23-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Respironics Premium Chin Strap III ginzo 5 6,763 09-16-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] Resmed Converter with Jackery Explorer 160 Battery AndyB 6 5,296 03-12-2023, 03:07 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Product Review] with PG&E Power cutoff is a remote possibility TimtheEnchanter 7 2,771 10-16-2019, 10:50 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  [Product Review] MAXOAK K5 297Wh CPAP Battery go2sleep 15 8,693 06-02-2019, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Diotima245
  [Product Review] Gissaral GIS09B-AP3 lithium-ion battery pack (power bank) Fats Drywaller 4 3,037 11-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Fats Drywaller
  [Product Review] Battery, AUDEW Portable "Generator" 220Wh/60,000mAh Gideon 3 3,267 08-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.