Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
I tried it one night on my middle finger and the results were very inconsistent. It kept saying the finger was out and it would keep going back to the "searching" mode with blank lines instead of numbers. No clue why. So I only use the index finger.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, i tend to use it on my third finger, but I have a scar on my index finger due to nearly slicing the finger pad off completely during a surgical accident when my knife slipped (scalpels are SHARP!) that would mess with the readings anyway. Common practice is the middle finger of the left hand, but in theory, any finger should do - the best way to find out which fingers work for you is to simply try to get a reading on each finger while awake for, say, 1 minute per finger; the fingers that all read the same are likely to be the one where you get your best and most consistent reading, the others usually either don't fit right or have calluses or scars that prevent a clear reading. And ALWAYS tape the fingerling with some sort of surgical tape (Fixomul is the best for that, J&J stretch tapes work pretty well, too) or it will slip in the night. The instruction manual for the device is useless. Actually, mine without one, and the manual on the accompanying disk was pointless. Good thing I knew how to use them anyway....
Post Reply Post Reply
All of the posts concerning which and where to buy have been moved to here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ter-to-buy
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 7 6,831 07-23-2017, 03:28 PM
Last Post: aquanaut20
  [Product Review] Wrist Pulse Oximeter CMS-50F Dreamcatcher 12 9,465 07-23-2017, 03:17 PM
Last Post: aquanaut20
Cool [Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS 50E jdireton 19 27,102 10-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Last Post: jm54
  [Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS 50H mjbearit 8 8,683 07-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Last Post: sleepisgreat