Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
RE: Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
Quote:Also, turning on the recording function and remembering to turn it off are important, but easy to do in the on screen menu. It seems to be necessary to have record function on to download the data, but I may be wrong on that as it might have been getting ready to download the data before I switched the record function back on while connected to the USB port of my computer.

It has to be on that screen (Settings, Alarm, Record), but with the recording off.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am so upset with this device right now I cannot tell you. I wish I had read this earlier. Had a terrible night last night, woke with heart pounding at 3am and was looking forward to learning cause. This morning, I cannot download any data....I think I erased the data accidentally.

Does anyone know exactly how data is downloaded and erased? I guess I was just lucky the first two downloads. This time, with screen on and recording off, never could get software to detect device. I guess it doesn't detect the device until you try to do a new session, but when I did that, nothing happened either, perhaps because I had turned recording on again it wiped ALL the data. This is STUPID (me AND the device).

Anyway, apparently all data is lost as review shows a 3 minute flat line and I checked my SpO2 data folder and there is no file in there large enough to be for last night.

Anyway to recover lost data or change this default scary behavior of unintentional overwriting of data?

PS I'm using XP. Is the Windows 7 version any different?

(05-01-2012, 10:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:
Quote:Also, turning on the recording function and remembering to turn it off are important, but easy to do in the on screen menu. It seems to be necessary to have record function on to download the data, but I may be wrong on that as it might have been getting ready to download the data before I switched the record function back on while connected to the USB port of my computer.

It has to be on that screen (Settings, Alarm, Record), but with the recording off.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you set it to record, there's a blinking light on the display that does not go away. It will blink all night.

If you stop the recording then start another, it will erase the first recording immediately.

If, while recording, you take it off your finger or the device falls off, it will keep recording and will be a flat line.

**PS: In the future, if you have a question about a product that has been reviewed, it is best to put the question in the General Forum rather than here.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know. But relevant to this product's review status is: How does one download the data after stopping recording? Do you actually select the recording function being extremely careful to "click" and not to "press" the record button to change it? I hate one-button-does-everything devices. This seems WAY dangerous and very relevant to the review, even if not a show stopper due to the great price.

At this point, I don't feel qualified to actually download the data reliably with the information I have. Please feel free to start a new thread and link to it here if the full answer is going to be all that extensive. If it is short, I would think prospective users would want to know what they are in for. Thanks!

(05-02-2012, 11:09 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you set it to record, there's a blinking light on the display that does not go away. It will blink all night.

If you stop the recording then start another, it will erase the first recording immediately.

If, while recording, you take it off your finger or the device falls off, it will keep recording and will be a flat line.

**PS: In the future, if you have a question about a product that has been reviewed, it is best to put the question in the General Forum rather than here.

Post Reply Post Reply
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Read the "Starting/stopping" and the "Saving" sections.

The main thing is to make sure the device's screen is showing the part where it says "Settings / Alarms / Record " and that the record is off. With it still on that screen, connect it to the computer (if not already) and start the SpO2 Review software. Then follow the rest of the instructions in the Wiki.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Paula - That is terrific Wiki information. I now feel much better about the CMS-50D+. I also sent that link to Supplier #19 and if it's OK with the apneaboard, perhaps in the future he can send that link with future sales follow-ups. Would have saved me one night's results.
Post Reply Post Reply
That wiki page is all pssnn's doing! He did a great job!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know how to put the stars in here to rate this product. I would give the CMS-50D 4 out of 5 stars.

It works as it is supposed to, but figuring out how to work it was difficult due to poor instructions. The process isn't intuitive and took some trial and error to figure out. Once you figure it out though the process is easy.

I don't find the clip on my finger uncomfortable or too heavy. It stays put and I have never had it fall off in the middle of the night.

I am grateful to this device for showing me how low my heart rate went during the night. As a result, I called my doctor and she changed the dose of one of my medications. I was pleasantly surprised that my oxygen level doesn't drop too low when I'm sleeping proving that the cpap is doing it's job.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2012, 10:50 AM)shutterbug sue Wrote: I don't know how to put the stars in here to rate this product. I would give the CMS-50D 4 out of 5 stars.

It works as it is supposed to, but figuring out how to work it was difficult due to poor instructions. The process isn't intuitive and took some trial and error to figure out. Once you figure it out though the process is easy.

I don't find the clip on my finger uncomfortable or too heavy. It stays put and I have never had it fall off in the middle of the night.

I am grateful to this device for showing me how low my heart rate went during the night. As a result, I called my doctor and she changed the dose of one of my medications. I was pleasantly surprised that my oxygen level doesn't drop too low when I'm sleeping proving that the cpap is doing it's job.

There you go Shutterbug Sue. All you do is click on the [get more] at the bottom of the smilies and more smilies will open in a new window. And one of the options is the number of stars from one to five!
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:There you go Shutterbug Sue. All you do is click on the [get more] at the bottom of the smilies and more smilies will open in a new window. And one of the options is the number of stars from one to five!

Thanks b36!

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 337 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,541 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,906 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,014 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,679 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,078 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,831 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.