Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS 50E
RE: Pulse Oximeter CMS 50E
(05-25-2012, 02:08 AM)Surly Wrote:
(05-25-2012, 01:30 AM)TorontoCPAPguy Wrote: Now I need to find the software again that interfaces the CMS50E's data into ResScan software so it shows up as the SpO2 data.

Is this software publicly available?

I'd be interested to know this too! I import the data from my Contec CMS-50D Plus data into Sleepyhead but wasn't aware I could do it with ResScan.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
There's SpO2 Assistant. Is that the one you mean? You can find it at Supplier #19 site under downloads.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Has anyone been able to use the data with ResScan?
Post Reply Post Reply
Is Amperor Direct an advertiser on here? I don't know where I came up with them but I ordered my CMS50EW from them and have heard nothing further in a week.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2012, 02:08 AM)Surly Wrote:
(05-25-2012, 01:30 AM)TorontoCPAPguy Wrote: Now I need to find the software again that interfaces the CMS50E's data into ResScan software so it shows up as the SpO2 data.

Is this software publicly available?

I never really got around to installing it unfortunately. I will have a look at the other board to see if I can find it but it had no name and was essentially a small routine that was emailed to those that wanted it; we had been working on a low valve that took feedback from the CMS50E and adjusted the oxygen infusion into the airline of an S9 or an S8 (forget which); we then took the recorded data from the CMS50E, interfaced it with the ResScan software to get a picture of the effect of our experiment (i.e. adjusting the oxygen flow). In the end, the valve was so expensive for adjusting the air infusion level that we dropped it. And besides that, the idea had already had a patent applied for (try and find one). So it was a small distribution and I will have to dig to see if I can find a copy of it. I think it was lost when my old laptop went kaput. It would be essentially the same routine as the sleepyhead software uses except that it would format the output into ResScan format, which my friend had managed to obtain somehow. The plan was to move forward and have it transmitted via Bluetooth to the laptop and imported from there into ResScan. I will look, but I think that Sleepyhead software provides much the same information as ResScan, does it not?
I am about to give it a try.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2012, 01:34 PM)TorontoCPAPguy Wrote: Is Amperor Direct an advertiser on here?

Just as an FYI... Our Supplier List isn't advertisers at all... it's just a list of CPAP Suppliers (DMEs) that our members have come up with, so that we can refer to a DME without posting their website link on the forum. (commercial links aren't allowed per the rules).

So, we don't necessarily recommend any of the Suppliers on the list, nor do we get paid to have them on the list; the only reason the list is there is for the convenience of our members.

Thanks.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just as a BTW, I went to Supplier #19 yesterday to order the 50E and it is no longer listed on their site. It has been replaced by the 50H. From the write up it appears to do all the same things, but apparently the display changes based on the orientation of the finger. It was like 130 where I believe I saw the E model for 129, so still in the same ballpark. I'll slap together a write up once I get it and use it.
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
i must say i like my CMS50e as well & im getting 4 nights out of it before i recharge. Interest in checking out the finger stall that attachs to it. Mine has come off a few times in the night & it ends up waking me up feeling a lump in my back which is the CMS50. I stick it back on my finger & back to sleep.
Ive had a look at the internal battery & not sure how we are going to get on replacing it when the time comes. I hope someone else will have done it by then. we just need to find a supplier. cut the wires & solder the new ones it.
well its time for shut eye & another night connected to the hose & wired for sound.Oh-jeezSleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I found what appears to be the cable needed at this link

I have not tried it yet but says it is for the CMS50 series OXYGEN fingertip meters

Newbie so it will not allow me to enter a click-able hyperlink, but here is the address

[link removed]
(Supplier #9 - Moderator)

Hope this helps

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

Per Apnea Board Rules, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. If you'd like to refer to the web address of a specific online CPAP Supplier (DME or Durable Medical Equipment retail store), please read our instructions on how to do that - guidelines are placed on our CPAP Supplier List (link at the top right of our forums).

Thanks for your understanding.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got the CMS50ew. The data captured overnight can be uploaded to the SpO2 software in the computer via Bluetooth connection. The special cable is not required.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 303 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,444 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,877 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 15,936 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,644 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,049 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,808 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.