Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Res Med S9 Escape
RE: Res Med S9 Escape
(04-04-2014, 01:16 PM)brianwood619 Wrote: The only hiccup we have had is he forgot to take the machine with him on a wrestling trip. When he got home after being gone over the weekend he said he felt like complete crap, and could not believe the "little magic box" (which is what he calls his BIPAP machine) made that much of a difference in his life.

I'm glad this is working for him. I suspect he will be less likely to "forget" to take the magic box in the future. Sometimes we have to learn things the hard way!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2014, 01:50 PM)NickDanger Wrote: I'm glad this is working for him. I suspect he will be less likely to "forget" to take the magic box in the future. Sometimes we have to learn things the hard way!

I have found learning things the hard way is too much work. So when I need to learn something the hard way, I ask my wife to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gshelton11, I moved your post (and Zonk's response) to the Main Forum. You can find it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-other-S9s

This section is for Reviews. The Main Forum is for questions like yours. You will get much better answers there!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2014, 09:27 PM)brianwood619 Wrote: yeah unfortunately i'm paying for it out of pocket as i have not met the deductible on my insurance yet.....ughhhhh
I just got my RM S9 yesterday. Clinician set it up with too low a pressure.
I have been using a Puritan Bennet 420G for 9 years, but it is finally wearing out and PB no longer makes a CPAP.

The PB came without any way for the patient to review anything. But neither I nor my physician ever needed that info (Not saying that sometimes it wouldn't be important for the resp. therapist or physician to review. Just that it wasn't in my case.) I would not have known how to use that info anyway--especially at the beginning.

The S9 seems to be an excellent option for me and I really like the small nose mask with the slimline hose. All very light and comfortable.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2014, 01:50 PM)NickDanger Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 01:16 PM)brianwood619 Wrote: The only hiccup we have had is he forgot to take the machine with him on a wrestling trip. When he got home after being gone over the weekend he said he felt like complete crap, and could not believe the "little magic box" (which is what he calls his BIPAP machine) made that much of a difference in his life.

I'm glad this is working for him. I suspect he will be less likely to "forget" to take the magic box in the future. Sometimes we have to learn things the hard way!

One of the reasons for choosing the RM S9 was the light weight and small size. Kaiser usually provides a Respironics "brick". I travel fairly often and wanted a machine I could just throw in my suitcase with a mask, not a big extra case.

I usually (With the former PB 420) would leave the humidifier at home. That works for a few days. Just swallow a little water during the night for the dry mouth and throat. Over the long haul, the humidifier is important, but on a short 5-7 days, this works for me--maybe not for everyone, of course.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 Escape [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 13,348 02-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.