Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask
ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask

I primarily use the DreamWear nasal cushion, but wanted a full face mask as a backup. 

So far, I am pleasantly surprised with the ResMed F30. 

The most important feature is the nasal cushion, which seals under your nose, rather than resting on the bridge of the nose. The mask seals well under the nose and around the mouth. The mask is relatively quiet, and I have not had any issues with marks on the skin in the morning. The headgear is lightweight and comfortable. There are adjustable straps attaching to the nasal cushion and the face cushion, so it seems easy to adjust to prevent leaks. 

The only downside is that the hose attaches to the front of the mask, whereas the DreamWear has the hose attachment at the top.  I tried the DreamWear full face mask, but it was nowhere near as comfortable as the F30, and I had problems with leaks with the DreamWear full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask
Coffee Man,

Thanks for the review. It's helpful. Revisit this after you've had it for a while to note changes.

I'll consider trying it in the near future. I also want to try the new N30i.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the review. I tried the Amara View, which resulted in a shmooshed and red nose tip. So, I'm wondering if this F30 might have the same problems with folks/me, or if the F30 has a better fit requiring less tightness = less shmooshness and redness.
Post Reply Post Reply

Resmed Airfit F30
The Headgear has 5 straps, two upper and two lower straps with the bottom two straps attaching by magnets. The 5th strap crosses the top of the head and adjusts the mask below the nose.

The mask frame is made of hard plastic similar to that used on the F20 mask. The Cushions are the same material used on most cushions and come in a small and medium size. Sizing is by width the small measures 1 11/32" or less or 33mm or less.

The elbow/hose attachment is the new Quiet Air Elbow and is the exact same elbow used on the F20 mask. It is very quiet and defuses the air nicely.

Pro:  If you like the under the nose style and liked the Amara View or Dreamwear FFM, you’ll like this mask. Headgear is easier to use and the mask is also quieter.

Con: I could not get a good seal using this mask. I’m a side sleeper and it seems the mask would slip unless I tighten it painfully. I never could get either the Amara View or Dreamwear to work for me either.

Overall: If you’ve used this style of mask before with success than I highly recommend it. If you’ve had problems with the Amara View or Dreamwear I wouldn’t recommend it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Walla.

I also be looking to see if folks have difficulty with the center "nasal strip" moving off-center and blocking nasal air flow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my f30.  I guessed since I wear a large with the f20 I ordered a medium in the f30.  The mask seems not to want to center on my nose but wants to pull it to one side and no matter how I adjust it it still wants to pull to one side.The template seems to indicate that I might need a small size cushion.  Could this be the problem?  Also wish the headgear was a little bigger.  
Any help would be appreciated since I would like to make this mask work.
Another problem I did not mention is I follow the guidelines to adjust the mask but I have a problem getting it to stop leaking.  Could it really be too large?
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am a side sleeper, lots of leaks. I thought it was because of my high pressure. I So wanted this to work.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received this mask yesterday. It took quite a bit of manipulation to get the right fit -- I ordered the medium but I am just on the borderline for the large, so that might be part of the problem. After one night's sleep, I'm neither sold nor unsold -- it was ok, but the straps dug into the area just above my ears and I had red marks under my nose -- leading me to conclude that I probably do need to size up.

All that being said -- I KNOW that I had leaks, and plenty of them, and yet my machine (ResMed S9) had my leak rate at 0.0. In addition, it registered my pressure at my max, which only happens for me when I have a leaky night. Thus, I'm wondering whether machines are properly reading the leak rate info with this mask. Does anyone know? (Frankly, I don't even know how the machines measure leak rate in the first place).
Post Reply Post Reply
Please ask general questions about a product in the Main Forum. This is the Review Forum where users of a product give their opinion on how the product did or did not work for them.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried to delete it previously but see no method of doing so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 656 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,678 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,008 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,149 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,221 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,122 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.