Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask
RE: AirFit F30
I have that problem with any mask that covers my mouth.
Adjusting the mask for comfort works until I relax and allow my chin to drop, then I get major leaks at the bottom of the jaw.
Snugging up the mask so it doesn't leak when my chin drops results in it being too tight when I'm trying to go to sleep, and I TRY to keep my chin elevated to help with treatment.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask
Tried it for a week went back to my Amara view for a couple of months. Kept struggle with leaks and sometimes could hardly breath thru the small nostrils opening. 

When my Amara view hose broke, I had to order a new one and went back to the f30. Tried again for a week and had little sleep because leaks appears everywhere. Gave up and went back to use my dream wear and p10 even though I mouth breath throughout the night. 

Resmed headgear are nice but that’s it. F20 and f30 are a big waste of money for me.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
The Amara View, didn’t fit my face at all.

I just discovered that the F30 cushion can be rotated several degrees each way when snapping it into the frame. That allows some fine tuning of the fit, but does require more care when reassembling after cleaning. I will probably use a Sharpie to add some alignment marks.

I found this while trying to figure out why two new, identical F30s with carefully matched straps performed differently. The one that had been disassembled for cleaning just didn’t seal as well.

With that addressed, both are now working great!
Post Reply Post Reply
I started out using an AirFit F20. Did fine with it, until I heard about the F30, so I gave it a try. Initially, it worked well for me. Then, all of a sudden, I began to get big air leaks. I tried adjusting the head gear straps and then making sure the pillow was properly attached to the mask. 

I had more issues and troubles trying to get the pillow re-attached to the mask when I took it apart for cleaning. What a royal PITA that was. 

Anyways, I'm back to using my AirFit F20 and doing great with it once again. No leaks of any kind. I did like the feel of the F30 better, but got real tired of it being so finicky. 

I notified my DME supplier that I'm back to using the F20. They automatically ship me supplies and don't always check with me prior to doing so. They are supposed to. My last phone call to them hopefully corrected that issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finicky is the right word for it. I thought I had both F30s working great yesterday afternoon. Last night, I had to get up and switch to the other, identically-adjusted mask. One was great, and one kept losing its seal. I could feel it a few seconds ahead of time - a bubble would start creeping under the seal, and when it reached the edge the “farting” or “raspberry” would start. the second one worked great the rest of the night.

The F30 is the only mask I’ve found that works for me, but it does seem like there is some variation between cushions. Argh!
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I think I have it figured out. The F30 cushion that won’t seal has a slight wrinkle in the edge of the seal. The one that works great does not. The raspberries always start at that wrinkle. I’m trying to get it to show up in a photo.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what the seal looks like on the GOOD F30. This one works great! It's comfortable, doesn't leak as I move around, helps keep my sinuses open despite my badly-deviated septum, and makes it easy to keep my mouth closed. It makes breathing through my nose only a breeze, so to speak.

This is what the seal looks like on the BAD F30. It's a finicky beast. Every time I think I have it right, I start to feel an air bubble creeping under the edge of the seal. A few seconds later, the "raspberry" starts. Note the wrinkle. That's where the bubble usually starts (unless I have that strap cranked so tight that it it starts leaking everywhere else).

One came from the DME, and one from an online supplier. I lost track of which was which or I'd return it, but a replacement cushion is only $20(ish) from Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a mouth breather, so I have to use a FFM of some kind. I just can't get enough air thru my nose for any length of time. 

Initially, the F30 worked fine for me. I liked the fact that if my nose itched during the night, I could scratch it. I can't do that with my F20. 

But, since the F20 completely covers my nose, it seems to stay in place much better than the F30 does. I have extra cushions for the F30, and I do plan on trying it again sometime down the road. 

Between the two masks, I feel I'm good to go. For the last 15 nights, I've had 0 leaks using my F20. I don't recall having a good long run like that with my F30.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though I have the F30 sealing well, and it opens my nose somewhat compared to the F20, some nights lately it just hasn't been enough. It's hard to beat a pillows mask for opening up the sinuses.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using Airfit f20 now with medium size and small size. I would like to try F30 or F30i.
Compare the price at Supply #2
- Airfit F20: $145
- Airfit F30: $159
- Airfit F30i: $99

Any one using F30 have a second thought for review?
I still have dry mouth when wake up, not only taping my mouth. That dry mouth make me think Choise of Airfit F30i bring the air right in to nose instead of go in front cause dry mouth.
Sorry for my English if you could understand it. Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 10 1,445 3 hours ago
Last Post: mug3n
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,229 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,324 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,471 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,447 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,460 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,899 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.