Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i
ResMed AirFit N30i
I just received the N30i yesterday (having a family member with sleep apnea in Canada made this possible), so only able to use 1 night so far. These are my first thoughts, and are subject to revision. 

Like most people, I was hoping that the N30i would be quieter than the Dreamwear nasal cushion. It might be slightly quieter, but there is still definitely noise with inspiration.  So, that is disappointing. 

The frame of the N30i is bigger than the Dreamwear frame. The N30i has built in wraps around the frame. This is in contrast to the Dreamwear, which has removable felt wraps. The headgear of the N30i is similar to the Dreamwear headgear, although seems to be a bit thicker.  The frame comes in small or medium. I wear a small Dreamwear frame and got a small N30i frame, and the dimensions are similar, although the N30i frame is bulkier. 

The nasal cushions that come with the N30i are labeled as small, small wide, and medium. The small wide cushion is approximately the same size as a small Dreamwear cushion and is very similar in appearance. The small cushion and the medium cushion are shaped like a V and wrap more around the nose. I usually wear a small Dreamwear cushion, but preferred the medium N30i cushion. 

The N30i cushions are made of silicone and plastic; the silicone sits against the nose; the front portion (which faces away from the wearer), holds the silicone cushion, and is made of clear plastic. The vents are in the plastic portion.  The N30i seems to vent more air compared to the Dreamwear cushion. This may be an issue depending on sleeping position and bed partner. The Dreamwear cushion basically has one jet that comes out the middle, but the N30i vents more diffusely, although still quite strongly.

I sleep on my back, so the venting did not cause any issues. If I slept on my side, it might be an issue.

The hose attachment for the N30i is at the top of the frame. This is identical to the Dreamwear. There is a quick release mechanism for the N30i which works well. I think the Dreamwear attachment swivels more freely, so it seems easier to move the hose around, but this is only a minor difference.

Overall, I like the cushion of the N30i better than the Dreamwear as I think it is easier to maintain a seal. I think the noise levels are the same with both, size is similar, headgear is similar.

So, I don't see a major advantage to the N30i, with the exception of the size/shape of the nasal cushions, which might seal better for some people than the Dreamwear cushions.  I know the Dreamwear replacement cushions are relatively inexpensive, widely available, and they last a long time. I have no idea about costs for replacing the N30i cushions, and don't know how durable they will be. 

I'll keep using the N30i and will update if I have any additional observations.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit N30i
Thanks for the review. I'll be following to see how it goes.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was anticipating a review from someone as I'm very excited about the prospect of the N30i . Unless diagnosed in Augusts this year. Got a FFM Resmed F20. Wasn't really given an option for the nasal and I requested a loan of which I got the N10 as they did not have a loan N20. I loved the Nasal mask and I ordered the N20 but then i saw someone post the N30 pamplet.

I see you mention noice on the N30 and everyone comparing it the Dreamwear which I don't know. I have put the N20 on hold requesting the N30 and will wait until it gets available in South Africa. Does anyone know if the N30 will be better than the N20 in terms of noice ? Don't want to waste money again as I only used my F20 for a month and it was quite costly . Should I wait for the N30 or take the N20 as I'm loving the N10 right now?

Sorry I hope you understand the mouthful.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2018, 03:25 PM)Zainabpb Wrote: I was anticipating a review from someone as I'm very excited about the prospect of the N30i . Unless diagnosed in Augusts this year. Got a FFM Resmed F20. Wasn't really given an option for the nasal and I requested a loan of which I got the N10 as they did not have a loan N20. I loved the Nasal mask and I ordered the N20 but then i saw someone post the N30 pamplet.  

I see you mention noice on the N30 and everyone comparing it the Dreamwear which I don't know. I have put the N20 on hold requesting the N30 and will wait until it gets available in South Africa. Does anyone know if the N30 will be better than the N20 in terms of noice ? Don't want to waste money again as I only used my F20 for a month and it was quite costly . Should I wait for the N30 or take the N20 as I'm loving the N10 right now?

Sorry I hope you understand the mouthful.

The N20 is more like the N10 than the N30 is. Look above a Coffee Man's picture. That's what the N30 would look like pretty much.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to update my review of the N30i.

I'll try to attach pictures of the cushions and headgear compared to the Dreamwear. There will be headgear side by side and then 3 N30i cushions and 1 Dreamwear cushion.

It is perceptibly quieter than the Dreamwear nasal, but not as quiet as the P10.

The venting of air out of the nasal cushion seems to do a really good job of minimizing condensation in the nasal cushion compared to the Dreamwear.

The nasal cushion of the N30i seems to maintain its position well throughout the night, which I think is due to the V-shaped nature of the cushion.

I really like the N30i so far and think the cushion stability throughout the night, minimal condensation, and reduction in noise make it preferable to the Dreamwear. 

I would like to emphasize that I am a back sleeper, so can’t say how well this mask would do for side sleepers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Just for completeness:

Thread about N30i in main AB forum: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...esmed-N30i

Link to a Resmed product page, posted in that thread by Kev73: https://pages.resmed.com/CA-N30i-P.html

The product page has photos and links to PDFs of user's guide and marketing brochure.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2018, 04:52 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: Just wanted to update my review of the N30i.

I'll try to attach pictures of the cushions and headgear compared to the Dreamwear. There will be headgear side by side and then 3 N30i cushions and 1 Dreamwear cushion.

It is perceptibly quieter than the Dreamwear nasal, but not as quiet as the P10.

The venting of air out of the nasal cushion seems to do a really good job of minimizing condensation in the nasal cushion compared to the Dreamwear.

The nasal cushion of the N30i seems to maintain its position well throughout the night, which I think is due to the V-shaped nature of the cushion.

I really like the N30i so far and think the cushion stability throughout the night, minimal condensation, and reduction in noise make it preferable to the Dreamwear. 

I would like to emphasize that I am a back sleeper, so can’t say how well this mask would do for side sleepers.

Those images are very useful. The main points are that the N30i has one opening for each nostril as opposed to the DWs wide slit. The way those openings are angles are also of interest. Unless you've got the DW adjusted perfectly there is a tendency for leakage. I wonder if the Resmed design will help with this. I'm hoping that my N30i will be despatched very soon and I can report back.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the N30i last night; as a Dreamwear user for several months I prefer this over the Dreamwear.

1. Much more stable; the nasal cushion didn't move all night. The DW seemed to frequently move, as evidenced by Sleepyhead leak chart & being awoken due to air blowing in my eyes.

2. Head gear & frame is also more stable & much more comfortable. The headgear doesn't ride up during the night like the DW did. The frame seems to a little stiffer & the integrated frame wraps are a better solution than DW's Velcro attached sleeves.

3. My leak rate as reported by Sleepyheady was 1/2 what my average leak for the DW. Hopefully this continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
My N30i arrives tomorrow and I'm looking forward to testing it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guys, let's remember that this is the review forum. General discussion about masks belongs in the main forum.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,151 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,222 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,126 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,000 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.