Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
[Image: xAirSense10_AutoSet.jpg.CROP.thumbnail.2...ny50Y9.jpg]
http://www.resmed.com/us/en/commercial-p...vices.html

User guide http://www.resmed.com/content/dam/resmed...er_eng.pdf

The clinical manual available via email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Nice looking machine with built-in humidifier, fancy screen display and new features (see the links for the information)
Main ones are central apnea and Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR) detection
A10 AutoSet 4Her also report Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA)

Very quiet, almost silent but my issues with this machine is the screen at the front of the machine (unlike the S9, the screen is on the top) which makes it harder for me to see the screen and make any changes without sitting on the floor or removing the water tank and lifting the machine as I place the machine on a small table between the nightstand and the bed otherwise the machine would be knocked off the nightstand

In my opinion, this machine is as good as it get and other manufacturers have a lot to catch up but would prefer if ResMed added the modification to the S9 and called the new machine S9 II or S10
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Are you using the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. If yes - how long and what do you think about it
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2014, 05:14 AM)Reuven Gruber Wrote: Are you using the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. If yes - how long and what do you think about it
Hi Reuven Gruber, welcome to the forum
I've been using the AirSense 10 AutoSet for few days and I like it so far, I've used S9 AutoSet for almost 4 years.
Both machines gives me good therapy, AHI below 1
I like the simplicity of the S9 but A10 is much quieter

Have you had the sleep study yet?
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you tell from the serial number, as you can for the S9, where it was made?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2014, 08:26 PM)Skypilot Wrote: Can you tell from the serial number, as you can for the S9, where it was made?
Hi Skypilot
The first 4 numbers of my machine ... 2214
The first two numbers: 22 denote made in Australia (23 denote made in Singapore)
The next two numbers ... year of manufacture: 14 ... 2014

Device made in Australia
Bag, power supply and power cord made in China
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk

I had a sleep study (AHI = 31). I had a 2 week trial with a machine from BMC (which was no fun). I need to chose a machine and from what I have read so far the Airsense 10 is at the top of my list.
Who makes your mask?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Reuven Gruber
I've been using ResMed Activa LT nasal mask for some time with a chinstrap

You might want post this type of questions in the main forum, you get different opinions and better feedback

Best of luck
Post Reply Post Reply
I just finished night 2 with my new machine. It replaces a resumed that was 10 years old. This one is whisper quiet and I am sleeping better than ever. I have friends who can't live without their cpap... Never understood. I could take it or leave it. This machine makes me feel like superman.

There is a support page included in the docs. Went to resmeds site and it is not working yet. Other than that everything is as advertised.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Darick, did you get the regular Airsense 10, or the "for women" version? I'm still trying to decide which one I should get myself. On the one hand having the extra feature of the "for women" machine sounds good, but on the other hand since it responds on the first missed breath rather than the third, I'm thinking it might make my Adam's apple twitter.

Oh, and congrats on your success!
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up my AirSense 10 Autoset on Thursday and it works great, it is much quieter than the S8 that I had used since December of '09. My first night AHI was 0.2 and last night it was 0.0, the 0.0 was a first for me. Considering my AHI was 126 at my sleep study in '09 I am very pleased with how the ResMed machines have worked for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset Cobra4x4 10 7,511 09-24-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  [Product Review] Migrating from S9 Autoset to Airsense 10-Comparing Therapy Modes becker44a 10 5,337 02-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,164 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 64,910 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.