Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Switched from Dreamstation to Airsense 10
I started on CPAP last fall with a Dreamstation, I got it tuned into a AHI of .5-2 so pretty good. I travel a lot so I also got an Airsense Mini for travel. I really liked the ResMed algorithms and felt the mini was more quite than the Dreamstation.

Well I got tired of the whir of the Dreamstation and ordered a Airsense 10 3 weeks ago. Wow what a difference, the Airsense has a much better auto on/off, the auto humidity is great, and best of all it's so much quieter. I knew the Dreamstation was waking me upbcrom time to time but didn't realize how much until now. 

I use the same mask, Airtouch F20, as before.  Now the only negative thing is that the water tank was more convenient to fill on the Dreamstation.  Other than that I wish my provider had even given me a choice when I got the orignal machine, now I have a 6 month old CPAP gathering dust.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
I got the Airsence 10 Autoset just few days ago. Before this I used a Resmed S9 VPAP-ST. With the old maschine the AHI was below 1 most of the time. With the 10 Autoset the AHI was above 5 during the last days. My feeling is that the ST system worked better for me than the APAP mode of the Autoset.
Does someone experience a similar situation?

Additionally I am looking for an adapter between the S9 and S10 system. The reason is that I own a Resmed Power Station Ii and and a car adapter for the S9. The easiest would be an adapter between the power connections. Does someone have an idea where to get such adapter?
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Since this forum is for product reviews, please post your question in the Main forum for the power adapter question.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2020, 05:57 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Since this forum is for product reviews, please post your question in the Main forum for the power adapter question.

Thank you, I will do it  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I am interested in finding out how long Resmed Airsense 10s generally last.
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I've read from various posts, the run hours is the life indicator. This can be 16,000 to 20,000 hours. Based on a use of 8 hours a day for 365.25 days per year (leap year factored in), yields 2922 hours of use per year. Based on this value, you should expect between 5.48 years (16000 / 2922) to 6.84 years (20000 / 2922). Of course, there are exceptions to this in both directions.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much!  I am at 2.5 years, so hopefully I have a few more to go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I did some research before I bought my Resmed airsense 10, autoset in 2015 and I have not regretted that purchase. It has not let me down and I can adjust the pressures a little for comfort and my AHI has mostly been below (1) all the time. I had to take my machine into hospital in March 2020 for surgery and took my old faithful Cpap with me(Autoset 10) and that is the only time it gave me a little higher readings of AHI and when I got home it went back to normal after a week or more.(Healing & hospital stress for higher readings?)
So I like this machine so much I bought my 2nd Resmed Airsense 10, autoset because they had a sale on them and my 2015 Airsense model will become my backup machine and my new one will be put into service for another 5-6 years. I had a older Philips Respironics machine (Remstar Auto m series)before and that was my old backup but the new Respironics are the Dreamstation, Auto. I will more than likely stay with Resmed because the quality and reliability is stellar IMO.
If possible get the Airsense 10 , autoset because it gives the user more comfort settings unless your Apnea needs Resmed higher end machines to deal with Central Apnea or other Apena issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had used a Dreamstation for about 3.5 yrs. Was waiting for a promotion and finally got the Autoset at $600 with a bunch of spares (humidifier tank, tubing, filters) during Xmas special. What a difference it made.

I was able to bring down my pressure from 12 to 8.6. AHI dropped because of the more responsive nature of the Autoset. I can also attest that it is really a much quieter machine. Humidifier works better with Climateline.  

Still managed to sell off my Dreamstation at a really good price. What an upgrade!

Really should have switched sooner.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Switched from Dreamstation to Airsense 10
(05-28-2020, 08:03 PM)Nwtravler Wrote: I started on CPAP last fall with a Dreamstation, I got it tuned into a AHI of .5-2 so pretty good. I travel a lot so I also got an Airsense Mini for travel. I really liked the ResMed algorithms and felt the mini was more quite than the Dreamstation.

Well I got tired of the whir of the Dreamstation and ordered a Airsense 10 3 weeks ago. Wow what a difference, the Airsense has a much better auto on/off, the auto humidity is great, and best of all it's so much quieter. I knew the Dreamstation was waking me upbcrom time to time but didn't realize how much until now. 

I use the same mask, Airtouch F20, as before.  Now the only negative thing is that the water tank was more convenient to fill on the Dreamstation.  Other than that I wish my provider had even given me a choice when I got the orignal machine, now I have a 6 month old CPAP gathering dust.

Keep it as a backup in case your Airsense fails like mine did.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset Cobra4x4 10 7,955 09-24-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  [Product Review] Migrating from S9 Autoset to Airsense 10-Comparing Therapy Modes becker44a 10 5,546 02-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,439 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 65,576 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.