Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Watch out as some DME's are trying to flog off old stock of AS10's to unsuspecting people looking for AS11's or those new to cpap. My DME (Air Liquide in Canada) tried to give me an AS10 and charge my benefits provider full price for a new AS11 machine, however I had to remind them that I asked for an AS11. When I went to pickup my new machine they once again tried to give me an AS10 and I refused it, told them I asked for an AS11 twice in my previous conversation to which they tried telling me they had only a couple which were already spoken for. I informed them that I would take my business elsewhere and started to walk out, funny how all of a sudden they found another unit for me.

I've had the new AS11 for just over a month now and what a difference over the AS10. It is a very quiet machine, lets hope it doesn't turn into a jet engine like the AS10.

I love that the humidifier tub opens up for easy cleaning however it seems smaller as its only good for 2 days before needing to be topped up again (rather annoying).

I have found that my pressures seem to be lower not by much but from 14cm avg to 12 avg now and my AHI are similar to what they were with both the S9 and AS10 (until it failed).

I like the lower profile (similar to the S9) and the auto stop feature however I wish it would have come in black.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Where I can buy Airsense 11 autoset in Canada?
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you checked the suppliers on our Supplier list?

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2022, 11:03 PM)Cobra4x4 Wrote: I've had the new AS11 for just over a month now and what a difference over the AS10. It is a very quiet machine, lets hope it doesn't turn into a jet engine like the AS10.

My AS11 is very quite also but so was my almost 6 yr old AS10.

I love that the humidifier tub opens up for easy cleaning however it seems smaller as its only good for 2 days before needing to be topped up again (rather annoying).

The AS11 humidifier is slightly smaller but holds the same volume of water as the AS10. I filled my AS11 to the full mark and poured the contents into an empty AS10. The level came up to the full mark on the AS10. What I dislike about the AS11 is that when filled to the full mark, the water level is about 1/32" below the lip at the back of the chamber so it's hard to fill and move without it overflowing.

So far the AS11 seems to wok as well as the AS10. Time will tell. Other than the poor humidifier design which is prone to spilling I don't like the change in the heated tube connection. It works fine but It's incompatible with the two hoses I have for the AS10. I guess Resmed felt the need to sell more climateline hoses.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I get about 2 nights (7.5 hrs per night) out of a full humidifier of water with hose temp set to 22 deg C and climate control set to Auto. The room humidity level is about 35% RH.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2022, 11:03 PM)Cobra4x4 Wrote: I've had the new AS11 for just over a month now and what a difference over the AS10. It is a very quiet machine, lets hope it doesn't turn into a jet engine like the AS10

I am also about a month into using the AS11 and I like it as much as the AS10.   In my experience both were very quiet, even to the last day on the AS10. 

Quote:I love that the humidifier tub opens up for easy cleaning however it seems smaller as its only good for 2 days before needing to be topped up again (rather annoying).

Other than the poor humidifier design which is prone to spilling

Jury is still out for me on the humidifier, but it's growing on me.  I had read and perceived by looking at it that it must be smaller, but the specs on volume are identical.  I agree it's easy to spill, but being careful to not spill is a learned behavior and I have very few spills after getting used to it. 

The machine does seem to use less water for similar settings and level of comfort.  Maybe the bigger surface area in the new design allows them to use a lower heat setting for same level of effective humidification.  In any case I'm not missing any comfort while using perhaps 10-15% less water. 

Quote: I don't like the change in the heated tube connection.

Agree with you about the change in the heated tube connection. I was concerned about required space and durability of the flex tube sticking straight out the back of the unit.   

My first take on it was probably a compromise on quality to lower cost by removing the 90 degree connector in favor of a flex tube directly connected. After observing less water usage as noted about humidifier above, I wonder if the new design without the hard 90 degree joint might be more efficient on water usage. 

At any rate, since I have plugged it in and then not paid any further attention to it, it has become a non-issue for me. 

Quote:SD Card port

Strange nobody mentioned the SD card and its port.   My AS11 did not come with an SD card.   I was able to reuse the old card from the AS10 without reformatting it, and so there is continuity of the data.  OSCAR had no problem picking up the new serial number from the first new session on the new machine. 

I don't like the SD port on the AS11.   Everything else about the machine is sleek and smooth.  They include a spacer with the machine that covers the SD slot retaining the smooth contour, which I equate to keeping dust from collecting.   But then when you remove the spacer and insert a real SD card, there is no cover and the port is exposed like a little nook to catch dust.  

Quote:air filter

The new air filter is smaller and moved to the back of the machine.  It sits a bit lower on the case, and I wasn't sure if it would accommodate the little cup of aroma therapy oil drops I always placed next to the intake on the AS10, but it turns out to work just as well.  How long the filter will last is still to be determined but I haven't been diligent about changing the old one so I probably won't notice any difference. 

Quote:bottom line

After using and loving the AS10 for six years and over 20,000 hours, I am very happy with the new AS 11.

The hose connection, humidifier, SD port, air intake, and new user interface (flat screen vs nobs and buttons) were easy enough to get used to. 

The quiet operation and performance are similar to the AS10. 

I am happy I waited six months for an AS11 versus taking another AS10 sooner.  If there was no AS11 I would still be happy with a new AS10, but the AS11 is more aesthetically pleasing, looks more modern, and since I have to pay for it then it's nice to have something different to look at. 

Saldus Miegas
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect that a number of the mechanical changes on the AS11 were made to simplify production and reduce manufacturing costs. Pretty common practice nowadays with supply chain issues and component cost increases. 

However, overall the AS11 still feels like a quality product to me, is very quiet and offers a few new features and consumes less power (according to the spec sheet). As time goes on, it will be interesting to see if folks report corresponding improvements in run-time when using batteries.

I guess the big question will be the service life of the blower motor compared to the AS10. It's physically smaller and reported to be the same as that used in the AirMini. Only time will tell....
Post Reply Post Reply
I started using the Resmed Airsense 11 autoset about 2 months ago ..
I'm a new user 1st machine .. The AS 11 is doing very well for Me .. Reading the other reviews
it seems the turbine should be no problem the Airmini has been around for 5+ years and I've 
seen no complaint threads about it on the site .. With the humidity set at 3 I use almost 
all the water with the reservior filled to the minimum level each night .. The heated tube keeps
rainout to a minimum .. Some mornings there are a few drops in the tube if the room temperature
drops below 50 degrees .. It is very quiet though I have nothing to compare it to .. I sleep 
very well while using it .. With My limited experience I would recommend it to anyone just starting
with Apap or needing a new machine !!
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed A11 - 1st night - observations
I received a Resmed A11 Autoset yesterday as a replacement for my 7 year old A10.

1. The start/stop button is not tactile and is in the middle of the unit and not on the front where it is easily accessible in the dark. Step back from the A10.

2. The water tank is shallow. Even filling well below the fill line allowed for water to leak out before the lid is closed. Once the lid is closed it is secure. A step back from the A10.

3. Touch screen user interface. MUCH worse than the button and knob on the A10.

4. Does not include an SD card. You have to buy one to use with Oscar.

5. On the same settings, the algorithm is much better and smoother. I received good results with an average pressure of 10.6. On the A10, my average pressure was always in the high 13s. 

6. Power consumption seems to be way down with the smaller Airsense Mini motor. Will measure precisely within the next week or so. The A11 should last much longer on the same size battery backup.

Just quick note. More to follow.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed A11 - 1st night - observations
I was thinking about replacing my 10 with the 11.    I look forward to hearing what you think of it after you have used it for some time.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet zonk 140 131,288 10-25-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: dundematon
  [Product Review] Migrating from S9 Autoset to Airsense 10-Comparing Therapy Modes becker44a 10 5,460 02-06-2021, 09:11 PM
Last Post: BobbieM
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,362 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 65,339 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.