Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i)
ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i)

Perhaps I've missed it, but I've searched the forum in vain for a review of ResMed's relatively new N30 nasal mask (NOT the confusingly similarly named "N30i"), so FWIW I offer my thoughts on the N30:

In a word --> terrific.  I decided to try the N30 last December after a couple of years using ResMed's P10 pillows mask, which I liked very much.  However, ResMed's description of the N30 sounded promising (super comfortable and quiet), so I decided to give it a try.

IMO the N30 is everything ResMed claims it is -- extremely comfortable and very quiet, and just as effective as the P10 has been for me (my AHI is typically between 0.5-1.5 for 7-7.5 hrs per night).  The N30's leak rate is comparable to the P10 in my experience (I am predominantly a side-sleeper, occasionally a back-sleeper).  The headgear is similar to the P10 headgear but with better adjustability and stability.

After 4+ months of consistent use, I'm a happy convert to the N30.

AndyB
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i)
Hi Andy’s, I also have been using both the p10 and the n30.  I really like the n30, very light and comfortable.  Do you feel it vents your expired air well?  I do feel the air escaping but it is very minimal.  Strange that the short tube is not as long as the p10.  When I use the p10 I use the headgear from the n30.  In my opinion it is a better headgear compared with the p10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would either of you say it's a worthwhile step up from the P10? Or is it more of a "sidegrade," for lack of a better word?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sora, I actually like the n30 better than the p10.  At least for me the nasal cradle is more comfortable.  Worth a try I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2020, 12:00 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Sora, I actually like the n30 better than the p10.  At least for me the nasal cradle is more comfortable.  Worth a try I think.

Thank you!  I'll give it a try with my DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know how you are doing when you make the change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best mask I've used so far, but it's too noisy.
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure bew why you feel it is a noisy mask.  Are you sure you have the correct cushion size?  Really ridiculous that there is no FitPack for the n30.
Post Reply Post Reply
It fits well. I compare to the F20. With that mask I could hear my machine. Now I only hear air moving past the silicone edges of the mask under my nose. The P30i was really loud.
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
I concur with this being a loud mask. It is loud compared to the Evora - which is most direct comparator. It is loud compared to the P10 nasal pillows. And it is loud compared to the N30i. They chose a really odd vent system For the N30 that is noisier than the masks listed above. I really hoped they would have used the same vent that is on the P10, but unfortunately they didn’t. I’ll give the N30 major points for comfort, but I stopped using it due to noise and also found that the headgear did not keep the cushion in place for me and I would develop leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 658 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,986 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,591 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,999 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,815 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.