Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed Quiet Air Elbow
RE: ResMed Quiet Air Elbow
(09-12-2018, 05:20 PM)freetime Wrote:
(07-05-2018, 01:19 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Dave, do you still have the package? Do you know the part number?

Ref 63494 is the part number for the elbow with QuietAir vent for AirFit and AirTouch F20 but I have not seen it for sale in the US. Shows up in Great Britain and Australia among others.

Thanks for the info freetime. I got mine via inclusion with the mask frame in my recent supply drop. IMO I'm sure that once old elbow supplies have dried up, everyone will be getting this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep the last delivery of F20 masks come with the Quiet Air vent included. Says so on the packaging and includes an explanation in the owners manual.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here's a small info update on QuietAir:

My latest AirFit F20 mask kit came in a shipment today. Package now includes QuietAir name and a hexagon shaped image. See image 1 at bottom right.

Image 2 is the plastic box label:

REF # 63401 containing 1 each
63741 headgear
63461 frame sys
63466 cushion
[attachment=8608][attachment=8609]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the quiet ebow and comparing with the two elbows I have I cannot see any difference.  Perhaps the first one I got was defective ... as it looks identical but blows air constantly ... and substantially whereas the new one does not blow air to and degree at all.  Like night and day?
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this only available for airfit F20?  How about airfit N20?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as the F20 AirFit is a full face, my guess is this QuietAir elbow would or could be unique to full face masks. I say this because the QuietAir elbow includes an anti-asphyxiation valve, which I think itself is exclusive to FFM's AKA full face masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there would you happen to a pic of the noisy joint? Think that's the one I got. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wear an N20. I wish this quiet elbow worked with the N20.

but the N20 doesn't play well with the Knighsbridge Dual Strap I have; I'll change masks next time.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.