Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum]
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum]
(09-12-2013, 04:57 PM)me50 Wrote: I was told that the EPR only goes up to 3 (not sure if this is true or not and will do some investigation when things slow down a little bit for me).

That's correct. If you want more than that you need a bilevel machine.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
New to SA. Did some reading before talking with my dr about the results of the 2nd study and asked if he would prescribe a Resmed S9 Autoset. He had no problem. When I met with my DME he said that they no longer got Resmed S9 CPAP machines....only Autosets. Said it was easier for them to carry 1 Resmed that worked in most cases rather than starting with a CPAP and then switching to an APAP.

Love the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2013, 09:25 AM)jrcat7 Wrote: When I met with my DME he said that they no longer got Resmed S9 CPAP machines....only Autosets. Said it was easier for them to carry 1 Resmed that worked in most cases rather than starting with a CPAP and then switching to an APAP.

Wow, that's a pretty great DME. Most DMEs would try to give you a low-end machine, because they tend to make more money on the cheaper models.

Congats on the S9 AutoSet.. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Bit the bullet and bought my own "gently used" Resmed S9 Autoset machine from Supplier #2 today at what I thought was a very reasonable price after reading the positive comments of members of this site that are far better versed in the use of CPAP than I. Can't wait to take delivery, no doubt the info posted by members on this site re this particular machine is going to be very helpful to maximise the benefits from using the Autoset.

I trust I haven't breached the posting rules re suppliers, please remove if I have.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, you did it right. However, this is the Review Forum. When you get the machine, you'll want to discuss it in the Main Forum. Then after you use it for a while, come back here and give a review of it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet zonk 140 130,545 10-25-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: dundematon
  [Product Review] ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset Cobra4x4 10 7,516 09-24-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: larrykay
  [Product Review] Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 5 16,057 09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: GWild
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,166 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 9 19,433 11-18-2015, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 Escape [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 13,349 02-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 15,136 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.