Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
RE: Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto
(12-21-2019, 08:46 PM)RLMMG Wrote: I am so surprised that in Feb it will be 4 years since anybody wrote about the Aircurve VAuto. I just started using this and I was 29.1 AHI and by the second night I was down to 1.57 AHI and I hope to get even lower. It is so nice and simply to use with many great features. I am very pleased and feel so blessed that I was able to get this machine. I really do believe after looking at other machines that this is the very best out there

You reminded me that I have been using my VAuto for 5 years now, nightly and for naps. Sleep is no fun without it. 
 “Works great, lasts long”. May you have many years of great sleep ahead.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2019, 09:42 PM)MobileBasset Wrote:
(12-21-2019, 08:46 PM)RLMMG Wrote: I am so surprised that in Feb it will be 4 years since anybody wrote about the Aircurve VAuto. I just started using this and I was 29.1 AHI and by the second night I was down to 1.57 AHI and I hope to get even lower. It is so nice and simply to use with many great features. I am very pleased and feel so blessed that I was able to get this machine. I really do believe after looking at other machines that this is the very best out there

You reminded me that I have been using my VAuto for 5 years now, nightly and for naps. Sleep is no fun without it. 
 “Works great, lasts long”. May you have many years of great sleep ahead.

Maybe time to start talking to your dr about a replacement machine and u sing your old one as a spare the VAuto is still the one to go for
Post Reply Post Reply
Technically I don't need BiLevel/BiPAP but it sure makes a difference with comfort levels. It has pulled my numbers down even further than when I used APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
5 This is a great machine.  I came from using a Phillips DreamStation for 5 years and I struggled with waking up almost hourly with hypopnea.  My Dr. did not think it was a big deal because they were "small" but they disturbed my sleep.  I came to this site and did (with the help of experts here) bring down the number but never less than in the 20s per night.  I purchased the VAUTO and my Hypotnea number went down from the 20s to 3 or less in a night.  My sleep is better and not as tired during the day.  The VAUTO makes my breathing easier and the settings are more minute and exact.  The size is much smaller and the humidifier works well with more heating settings.  It just WORKS for me and I think it is head and shoulders a better machine than the DreamStation I was using. I included 2 graphs, the top was the dreamstation (best night I had) and the bottom the ResMed.  You can see the difference for yourself.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I have this machine and came from PRS1 760 Bipap. I really do like the machine, my only gripe is this stupid water reservoir. I believe they could have designed it better so it would be easier to fill. The hinged side, along with the triangular design makes holding the tank and filling with water awkward. I almost always wind up with water on me, the floor, or elsewhere. This is my only gripe, otherwise, a great machine.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a week into my first ever treatment experience and this is the machine I have. So far I am pleased with it. Nothing to complain about. I am still trying to settle on which mask I'm going to stay with...although I guess I could switch as long as they all work. The machine is great.
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm new to sleep therapy and just finished my first month with the ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto. Getting it was easy; I did both the at home and in-lab sleep studies and was written a script for this machine. My DME (Indiana University Health) played no games; I received all accessories including SD card and heated tubing with the machine. I haven't paid a bill yet, but my DME said my insurance (CareSource Marketplace Bronze First) will only cover 50% of its cost. They quoted a bit under $700 for an initial payment and a bit under $90/month for a 13-month (IIRC) rental. I guess I can live with that.

Treatment got off to a rough start. I did the "mask shuffle" (F&P Vitera with M and L cushions and ResMed AirFit F20i with M and W cushions), but the prescribed settings (S-mode, 18/14, PS 4) were horribly uncomfortable. I had persistent leaks no matter what I tried. It felt like the machine was blowing the mask right off my face. With help from the good people here, I changed to VAuto mode and 18/9... much better. I still had leaking but it was manageable. Still, I hated the masks... then I tried Bleep Eclipse. I'm still learning to control mouth breathing, but Bleep Eclipse has been great and I'm sticking with it.

My measured AHI in the lab was 48.3. I'm always under .5 now. I told the clinician I had changed settings and she didn't seem to care--the results speak for themselves. I left a call for my Doc and he hasn't called back. I have a follow-up in just over a month, so we'll see if he makes an issue of my setting changes. I hope not--this is much better than the first week or two, which was sheer misery. Now I look forward to bedtime. A good night's sleep makes or breaks my days.

The machine has been great. Rock-solid performance. It's quiet, other than the first few breaths (where I hear a clicking as it perhaps calibrates itself in some way). I generally sleep 5-6 hours (I need to get more, yes) and I can fill the water tub to the bottom line and not run dry at default settings. No problem with dry nose or mouth, and I haven't had a single drop of water in the hose (that I've noticed, anyhow). I like the dial and push button design. It's intuitive and reliable. The case is nice and holds everything easily (and the Bleep "mask" takes up almost no space). I haven't traveled with it yet, but I don't foresee any problems.

Mine has a 4G modem and I always have a strong signal from either AT&T or T-Mobile. No problems there.

I was initially glad to be prescribed this machine specifically. As a mature platform now pushing 10 years since its introduction, I had high expectations for it, and I haven't been disappointed. I feel much better every day, especially in the afternoons (when I didn't realize how much of a zombie I had been as severe OSA had been wrecking my life like a silent tormenter). I can't ask for more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] AirCurve 10 ASV steve823 6 9,976 04-22-2019, 06:23 PM
Last Post: storywizard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.