Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
I discovered a failure mode that can cause the P10 to leak after a few months.

Each nostril insert has two concentric cones. I found that the inner cone when it gets worn can retract to a position about 3/16" farther from the nose, leaving the outer cone without sufficient support to make a good seal with the nostril. As a temporary fix I could pop the inner cone back to its normal position.

The inner cone was bi-stable: it was either correct or retracted all the way; it was not stable at any intermediate position. This is good because you don’t have to worry about whether the inner cone is slightly out of position.

I did not experiment with how many days I could keep using the pillow with the temporary fix. I immediately ordered a replacement pillow for $20. (I feel getting a few months use out of a $20 pillow is excellent value.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2017, 05:47 AM)beet Wrote: I discovered a failure mode that can cause the P10 to leak after a few months.

Each nostril insert has two concentric cones.  I found that the inner cone when it gets worn can retract to a position about 3/16" farther from the nose, leaving the outer cone without sufficient support to make a good seal with the nostril.  As a temporary fix I could pop the inner cone back to its normal position.  

The inner cone was bi-stable: it was either correct or retracted all the way; it was not stable at any intermediate position.  This is good because you don’t have to worry about whether the inner cone is slightly out of position.

I did not experiment with how many days I could keep using the pillow with the temporary fix.  I immediately ordered a replacement pillow for $20.  (I feel getting a few months use out of a $20 pillow is excellent value.)

The pillows have an effective life of 3-5 months anyway, and won't last forever It's not a "Faliure mode" because they deteriorate over time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree; pillows are only expected to last 3 months so toss any that don't work correction.

However, I might go more than a year with the same pillow now that I don't use water.

It makes no sense to me that HUMIDITY is somehow causing the pillow to deteriorate faster but that's my experience.

I have so many pillows stacked up (paid for by insurance) that I COULD change them every week if needed.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-10-2017, 08:50 PM)herbm Wrote: I agree; pillows are only expected to last 3 months so toss any that don't work correction.

However, I might go more than a year with the same pillow now that I don't use water.

It makes no sense to me that HUMIDITY is somehow causing the pillow to deteriorate faster but that's my experience.

I have so many pillows stacked up (paid for by insurance) that I COULD change them every week if needed.

you could make good money selling the spares on ebay to buyers outside the USA.

I only buy my masks and pillows from US sellers on ebay.
Post Reply Post Reply

This is my favorite mask because it is simple to put on and take off.

I don't get any strap marks and it's very quiet even at pressures of 25cm.

Two tricks that helped me were:

-Wearing the Large size pillow even though medium also fits.

- Using the clips to tighten the headgear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 20 12,238 09-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 9 1,462 09-14-2017, 09:10 AM
Last Post: mogulman
  [Product Review] Airfit F20 PsychoMike 39 8,148 09-03-2017, 02:00 AM
Last Post: nathanoj
Wink [Product Review] Resmed AirFit F10 DNB128 24 17,044 10-26-2016, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Kadenz