Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
(12-15-2017, 08:16 PM)speed3914 Wrote: I was measured up for a Small at my DME supplier for a Dreamwear.  ... now a large for the P10.  Lesson learned....try each size when switching masks.

Same experience here.  I alternate between a Small Dreamwear cushion (with medium frame) and a Large P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
My only issue with the AirFit P10 is the straps are too tight to begin with. After several days, I developed a sore just inside one nostril and switched back to a nasal mask until it healed. After some thought, I changed from the medium P10 pillow to the large. I found that helped as it spread the pressure more. I had ordered a Swift FX at the same time and tried that after the sore healed. It was more comfortable because of the strap adjust-ability, but a little louder and tended to slip off during the night. The end result is that I rotate among the P10, Swift FX and a nasal mask.
After the really positive reviews, I used the P10 last night and is was quiet with a barely discernible output stream and it stayed on all night. It still feels like too much pressure on the one nostril.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2018, 07:40 AM)SkiSmuggs Wrote: My only issue with the AirFit P10 is the straps are too tight to begin with.  After several days, I developed a sore just inside one nostril and switched back to a nasal mask until it healed. After some thought, I changed from the medium P10 pillow to the large. I found that helped as it spread the pressure more.  I had ordered a Swift FX at the same time and tried that after the sore healed. It was more comfortable because of the strap adjust-ability, but a little louder and tended to slip off during the night. The end result is that I rotate among the P10, Swift FX and a nasal mask.
After the really positive reviews, I used the P10 last night and is was quiet with a barely discernible output stream and it stayed on all night. It still feels like too much pressure on the one nostril.

Good strategy on trying one size up for the P10 pillow and occasionally rotating masks. Another thing I could suggest to alleviate nasal irritation is to try to rub a tiny dab of Lansinoh where the irritation occurs, just a few minutes before masking up, or even during the day. After a few days, you probably won't need it regularly anymore, even though once in a while you might need to reapply for a couple of days.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid263196
Post Reply Post Reply
With the P10 you can make it Looser by splitting the two straps one on the top of the head and one down low just over the ears
Post Reply Post Reply
REVIEW of the P10, focused on trouble with clogging holes in the fine mesh.

I focused on solving head gear problems in another post. This post is both review of the P10, i.e. trouble with clogging holes int the mesh and a solution that recently proved to be useful.

I had trouble cleaning my P10 nasal mask. The noise-free mask works thanks to a super fine mesh. The problem is that it clogs and so I don't get enough oxygen in the end and breath part of what I breath out. I clean it with mildly warm soapy water regularly but found that the fine mesh holes clogged, probably due to the soap. I adopted the radical solution of puncturing about a eight to a dozen holes in each side of an older mask with a needle, as suggested by another user, which worked fine for a while, but still I did not feel that in the end matters stayed improved and it sorts of defeats the purpose of the fine design. Recently I tried another trick. Guided by a soap deblocking solution for drains, after giving the mask yet another good clean with a toothbrush kept for that purpose and warm soapy water, I tried the following:

Mix baking soda and distilled white vinegar. Pour one cup of baking soda into a small plastic bowl and add about one-fourth cup of distilled white vinegar. When applying this (foaming) substance with a brush, after dipping the brush, add some salt to the brush surface to increase abrasion. The above makes far too much of the mixture (you only need enough to apply it to a small brush) so you only need to apply the 1/4 ratio using whatever measure suits. I found that I needed to add a bit more of the vinegar to increase liquidity. I applied this two two of my P10 masks and they work like a charm again. Very pleased with the outcome.

I am sharing this in case some of you are considering some tricks as well to lengthen the usefulness of this type of mask.

I've read about users who never clean the mask bar a rinse with plain water and who claim they have no issue, so that may be another way. I prefer to clean it with some type of soap/dishwashing liquid etc. so this little extra trick helped.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve used the Airfit 10 for over two years and it has been the best nasal pillows mask I’ve used, and I have tried a lot. Ur are right about the headgear stretching. It will do that over time, but washing in warm water and letting it thoroughly dry will give it’s tightness back. I have three masks and rotate their use on a monthly basis, washing the used mask and drying before storing. The only thing I do recommend is to change out the pillows on a regular basis. I use the large size and I find that the pillows lose their shape a little and restrict airflow a little with time. I replace the pillows about every three months.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirFit P10 - straps & pillows
I tried about 5 different masks before settling on the P10 about a year ago. Only problems have been the straps stretching to the point where the mask was too loose, and the straps moving around my head as I thrash around during the night. The strap-stretching problem was mitigated by washing the strap regularly, but I eventually solved both problems with Velcro.

I use the "Deluxe-Style Chinstrap (Substitute for Respironics Deluxe Chinstrap)" from Supplier #1
Commercial Link Removed. which has a vertical and a horizontal strap on it. I sewed a piece of Velcro on the P10 straps right at the split from one to two straps, and the matching Velcro on the horizontal chinstrap strap, where the P10 strap crosses over. I can now adjust the P10 straps vertically and horizontally at that junction, and it doesn't move at all.

I alternate Medium and Large pillows, not sure which one I like best. They're over a year old, no noticeable change in shape or fit. I clean the pillows and hoses more-or-less weekly, but only because everybody says to do it. I have never noticed any dirt, snot, etc., anywhere.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I like the P10 pillows because they don't seem to allow stuff from your skin/nose to stick to them much. I only wash them under a running tap with foaming hand soap when they get smelly, say every 2-3 days. I have a narrow nose but find the L size best as the pillows seem to attach to my nose and there are zero leaks even as I turn at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the P30i since I started using my APAP in October 2019.  This is what my DME gave me.  I was still in shock at my OSA diagnosis and didn't know anything about anything so I just took what I was given.  I had no idea about any other options.  All things considered, I guess I was lucky because it really isn't a horrible mask overall.  After about a week I asked to try a full face mask since I am a determined mouth breather and the chin strap wasn't doing it and so I was given the F20.  That was a dismal disaster as every time I would drift off to sleep the machine would try to blow the thing off my face.  There was no way to get past that.  I wanted to try the nasal cushion but the DME said no more "tries" so I decided to make it work with the P30i.

I've always been a side sleeper but the air venting through the frame up to the top of my head was really loud when I slept on my side, so I decided to become a back sleeper.  This has worked and my AHIs remained low (always under 1) so I didn't stress about it.  

I had a follow-up appointment at the sleep center yesterday and since the DME is located in the same bldg. (how con-VEEN-yent!), I decided to stop in and see if I was eligible to try another mask, since it's been 3 months.  I mentioned I didn't like the noise in the P30 so they gave me the P10 to try (I don't think they know about any other company besides ResMed).  After just the first night I'm loving this one, and was ecstatic to be able to curl up and fall asleep on my side once again - YaY!  (Although at some point during the night I woke up on my back . . . Huh )  Like others here have mentioned, it's good to try the different sizes.  I was using a small pillow on the P30 so I started with that on the P10 and it felt like I couldn't inhale enough air.  Switching out to the medium size was better.  I didn't notice adjusting clips in the package but will check for them again.  The headgear out of the box fit OK although the DME dude mentioned that they stretch over time.

Overall, the P10 is nice and light and much quieter than the P30i, I think it's my new "favorite", at least for now.  I'm still trying to figure out the best way to unhook for bathroom visits during the night.  With the P30i there was a clip connection that was easy to disengage the hose from the headgear.  With the P10, the connector between the elephant hose and the heated hose is pretty tight and takes a fair amount of wiggle and jiggling to separate, but that seems preferable to taking the entire headgear off (it's nice to keep the pillows in place once you have them set), or unhooking the entire heated hose and carrying that across the bedroom with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2020, 03:28 PM)suzeecat Wrote: I'm still trying to figure out the best way to unhook for bathroom visits during the night.  With the P30i there was a clip connection that was easy to disengage the hose from the headgear.  With the P10, the connector between the elephant hose and the heated hose is pretty tight and takes a fair amount of wiggle and jiggling to separate, but that seems preferable to taking the entire headgear off (it's nice to keep the pillows in place once you have them set), or unhooking the entire heated hose and carrying that across the bedroom with me.

Try an up and down motion with both hands like breaking French bread. It should work pretty well and then off you go for those episodic bouts of nocturia Dancing .
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,716 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,313 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,168 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,031 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,840 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,091 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,046 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.