Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
I have a replacement coming in the mail after using my first P10 since January. Headgear is still adequate, and I have used two nasal pillows in rotation. Adjustment is accomplished by moving straps closer together at the crown of your head to tighten, and farther apart to loosen. The mask does not need to be worn overly tight.

I think at some point Resmed will come out with headgear equivalent to the FX for those that need more stability and adjustment. I'm not sure this is something I need or want.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The P10 is my fourth mask and prior to this, I really thought I would just give up on trying to adapt to CPAP (I am a new user) but I am delighted with these pillows - incredibly quiet and no leak at all on my side sleeping. Long may it last!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice way to bring back a thread after a year. I'm still using the P10, and the newest version came with strap adjustment pieces that let you shorten the straps if they stretch. I can confirm the For Her is 1.5 inches shorter overall, but the same basic design. Not for ME, but it probably rocks for HER.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2016, 07:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Nice way to bring back a thread after a year. I'm still using the P10, and the newest version came with strap adjustment pieces that let you shorten the straps if they stretch. I can confirm the For Her is 1.5 inches shorter overall, but the same basic design. Not for ME, but it probably rocks for HER.

I would love to know what the strap adjustment pieces are,or where to get them, have not seen them on any vendor sites....

Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Not the best picture, but this is what was included in my last mask package. Looks like a pinch adjustment. I've never needed these, but I can see where they might be useful.

[Image: 437475D8-C226-41A4-864A-624C58E7AD5F.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
great! Thanks so much Sleeprider...:-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the P10 for a while. They have started putting the strap adjustment pieces in with the mask. They are on the underside of the packaging by the user documentation. Not sure how much longer I am going to use it though. Large Leaks at pretty high with it and I never had an issue with the Swift FX pillows. The FX is a bit louder (relatively still quiet though) but if it means less leakage may be worth it. Need to talk to the RT at my sleep docs office.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the Swift FX for several years. The pillows are such a great improvement over the face masks used previously. I'm a "if it ain't broke don't fix it" kind of guy but when the P10 was highly recommended to me a few months ago as a great improvement over the FX I gave it a try.  I had no problem using the head strap without the adjustments, the lower exhaust noise was great, everything was fine except the hard curved design caused the left pillow to press on my septum causing irritation that did not diminish over several nights of use. I tried using the different sized pillows that came in the package to no avail. The irritation finally caused me to go back to the FX.

A youtube video on the P10 states that it works best at under 10 lbs pressure and my S9 runs over that for much of the night.  I thought that might be my problem until reading through posts on this thread where it appears that my experience is highly unusual. So, I guess it's just me.  Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
"caused the left pillow to press on my septum causing irritation that did not diminish over several nights of use. I tried using the different sized pillows that came in the package to no avail. The irritation finally caused me to go back to the FX."

This may not be YOUR issue, but I have discovered through experience that the P10 frequently causes a bit of irritation in the FIRST FEW nights -- this sounds similar to what you describe.

My solution initially was to simply use some lanolin for this short break in period, but eventually I discovered something else:

It is NATURAL to OVERTIGHTEN the P10 and when it arrives and seems to "fit perfectly" we presume that is the correct fit.

Actually, this fit will probably cause that irritation.

When the P10 seems "a LITTLE TOO loose" it is actually perfectly adjusted and then almost 'floats on your face.'

If the P10 had come with an adjustable strap then likely I would never have figure this out.

When later the P10 loosened a bit, it became obvious that a little too loose is actually the way to go.

(And perhaps a bit of lanolin the first few nights :Smile 
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
The posts concerning how to fit the P10 have been split into their own thread and moved to the Main Forum. You can find them here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-fitting
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,258 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,481 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,463 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,569 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,385 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,647 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,330 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.