Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
Since my last post re the P10 (#177 above), I've graduated to a BiPAP, and once again the DME guy tried to sell me a fancy mask, one of which cost more than the machine. Long story short, I'm back to the P10, which cost me nothing, since it's the same mask they gave me at my first titration study, done almost 2 years ago. The VELCRO® on the headgear trick, and laundering the straps every month or so compensate for any stretch in the straps, and I don't see any change in the pillow, although I may not be looking hard enough. I've used S, M, and L pillows, and think I really need a M 1/2. The DME keeps sending me stuff I never order, so I've got enough spares to last a lifetime. The chinstrap I use wears out in a couple years, since it's now acting as the loop side of the VELCRO® pair, but Mr DME isn't interested in selling chinstraps, so I replace them myself for $9 or so.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the P10 for a year or two - coming off one of the ResMed masks that covered the nose. I much prefer the P10 overall. I use the Large cushions but wouldn't mind an XL size - big nose guy. I find that leaks are better that the old mask and it's quieter - although I'm never really been bothered by the noise anyway. The strap is fine but does stretch out a bit if you don't wash it periodically. The mask itself is easy to clean - I usually clean and disinfect (using Control 10) every week or two. The exhaust air is better than many but still dries out my eyes some. I have only one eye and am very sensitive to dry eyes. But overall I think this mask is a big improvement. I would be interested in someone comparing it to the N30. The reviews here compare the N30 to other masks but not the P10. What are the differences?
Post Reply Post Reply
I mainly use the N30i, but I occasionally switch to the P10 to transfer the irritation to a different part of my nose Smile

N30 has the same cushions as N30i but mounted to fit almost the same headgear as P10.  In brief, N30 and N30i have a curved, flat, pliable surface that presses against the bottom of the nose, whereas P10 has two cones that slightly enter the two nostrils.  

When N30i was introduced, there were many comparisons with P10, so the portions of those comparisons related to the cushions should apply to the N30.

If you download the marketing brochure for the N30, the photos show the vent is now a peripheral gap rather than a perforated screen like the P10.  That would seem to aim the vent more toward your eyes, but the larger opening might reduce the velocity so as not to bother you.

If you like the fit of the P10 cushions but you want to try a different vent and markedly different headgear, you could try the P30i.  Strangely, the P10 fits me but the P30i leaks even though the conical part of the cushion that enters your nostril is the same.

(The moderator might want to move your question and my response to a new topic since I think the policy here is to keep multi-product comparisons separate from product reviews.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2020, 01:26 AM)Thanks for the information.  I am pleased with the P10 overall but every once in a while have a bit of irritation on the nose and might want an alternative to use then.  I will check out the N301 and P30 at first opportunity. Wrote: I mainly use the N30i, but I occasionally switch to the P10 to transfer the irritation to a different part of my nose Smile

N30 has the same cushions as N30i but mounted to fit almost the same headgear as P10.  In brief, N30 and N30i have a curved, flat, pliable surface that presses against the bottom of the nose, whereas P10 has two cones that slightly enter the two nostrils.  

When N30i was introduced, there were many comparisons with P10, so the portions of those comparisons related to the cushions should apply to the N30.

If you download the marketing brochure for the N30, the photos show the vent is now a peripheral gap rather than a perforated screen like the P10.  That would seem to aim the vent more toward your eyes, but the larger opening might reduce the velocity so as not to bother you.

If you like the fit of the P10 cushions but you want to try a different vent and markedly different headgear, you could try the P30i.  Strangely, the P10 fits me but the P30i leaks even though the conical part of the cushion that enters your nostril is the same.

(The moderator might want to move your question and my response to a new topic since I think the policy here is to keep multi-product comparisons separate from product reviews.)
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2020, 11:31 AM)dkcdkc Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 01:26 AM)Thanks for the information.  I am pleased with the P10 overall but every once in a while have a bit of irritation on the nose and might want an alternative to use then.  I will check out the N301 and P30 at first opportunity. Wrote: I mainly use the N30i, but I occasionally switch to the P10 to transfer the irritation to a different part of my nose Smile

Consider doing what I do, switching to the Philips Respironics DreamWear nasal cushion mask for 4 or 5 days when P10 nasal irritation begins being felt. It's also a great relief to use a tiny dab of Lansinoh on irritated areas, even slightly inside your nostrils.

Check out reviews for P10 vs. DreamWear here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...=DreamWear
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-26-2018, 03:52 PM)Visitor Wrote: REVIEW of the P10, focused on trouble with clogging holes in the fine mesh.

I focused on solving head gear problems in another post. This post is both review of the P10, i.e. trouble with clogging holes int the mesh and a solution that recently proved to be useful.

I had trouble cleaning my P10 nasal mask. The noise-free mask works thanks to a super fine mesh. The problem is that it clogs and so I don't get enough oxygen in the end and breath part of what I breath out. I clean it with mildly warm soapy water regularly but found that the fine mesh holes clogged, probably due to the soap. I adopted the radical solution of puncturing about a eight to a dozen holes in each side of an older mask with a needle, as suggested by another user, which worked fine for a while, but still I did not feel that in the end matters stayed improved and it sorts of defeats the purpose of the fine design. Recently I tried another trick. Guided by a soap deblocking solution for drains, after giving the mask yet another good clean with a toothbrush kept for that purpose and warm soapy water, I tried the following:

Mix baking soda and distilled white vinegar. Pour one cup of baking soda into a small plastic bowl and add about one-fourth cup of distilled white vinegar. When applying this (foaming) substance with a brush, after dipping the brush, add some salt to the brush surface to increase abrasion. The above makes far too much of the mixture (you only need enough to apply it to a small brush) so you only need to apply the 1/4 ratio using whatever measure suits. I found that I needed to add a bit more of the vinegar to increase liquidity. I applied this two two of my P10 masks and they work like a charm again. Very pleased with the outcome.

I am sharing this in case some of you are considering some tricks as well to lengthen the usefulness of this type of mask.

I've read about users who never clean the mask bar a rinse with plain water and who claim they have no issue, so that may be another way. I prefer to clean it with some type of soap/dishwashing liquid etc. so this little extra trick helped.
I use alcohol swaps to clean the exhaust ports most of the time, also nose pillows and that does the job well. What I was reading on another forum you can use a water pic and blast the screens clean every once in a while. Thought that was a good idea and might I suggest to put the head frame in a plastic shopping  bag because it get a little misty messy but it works well. Some folks also use a tooth brush to clean them once in a while , never tried that procedure.
I really like my p10 mask and I do not mind cleaning and shrinking the head bands, At the moment I just installed a N30 head band on the p10 frame and used it for the first time and it is same length and stretchy head band but has a adjustment clip on the side.(Part # 64216).
Post Reply Post Reply
For the occasional irritation in your nostrils where the p10 fits inside I found a little dab of AYR nasal gel from the drugstore works pretty darn good. Doc told me not long ago to put a dab of Vaseline on q-tip and dab it inside your nose,  sounded silly but I tried it and I found that works just as well !
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used the P10 almost exclusively for 1.5 yr now. Its my favorite mask due to its comfort and minimal design. I have to use mouth tape, eye mask, and ear plugs when I sleep and the P10 allows for this (especially the eye mask or wearing blue light blockers before bed) unimpeded. As mentioned from others the exhale port is nice and quiet.

My only qualms are the headgear. The straps and their ability to hold in a stretched position diminishes over time. This is with the old design where the straps where adjust with a inline clip for each upper and lower strap and the newer design with the built in clip that adjusts both at the same time. But at that point I just buy a new P10. If this mask had head gear similar to my Swift FX nasal pillows but with the same pillow and exhale port it would be dream (albeit there would be some impediment with my eye masks but prob worth it)
Post Reply Post Reply
When the P10 straps get stretched and grungy I remove them and toss them in with my clothes to was on a medium (40C) wash. They shrink back to original length.

I buy sparge large pillows from ebay to swap out every 3 months, so washing straps and changing pillows makes a mask last 6-9 months
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2022, 02:34 AM)lab rat Wrote: When the P10 straps get stretched and grungy I remove them and toss them in with my clothes to was on a medium (40C) wash. They shrink back to original length.

I buy sparge large pillows from ebay to swap out every 3 months, so washing straps and changing pillows makes a mask last 6-9 months

What a tip. I'll give that a go, never even considered that!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,186 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,445 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,414 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,501 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,281 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,603 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,286 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.