Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
Hi parsonsba,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
It's good to hear that you found the mask that works well for you.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2014, 11:09 AM)Galactus Wrote: I just saw this review thread, and have posted in the main area on another like it. I am just wondering if anyone out there using the P10 has also used the nuance pro, I'd love to know how they stack up to each other. I am specifically wondering about the lack of a swivel hose on the front of the P10 vs the Nuance pro. If anyone out there has used both I hope they will come by and impart some experience.

I'm not sure if my experience with the two masks will be of interest to you. I used the Nuance for about 3 weeks before I happened to read on this forum about the Airfit P10. I paid for the Nuance out of pocket but wasn't particularly impressed with it. I don't think it is a bad mask, it just didn't suit me very well. Every night I wore it, I would wake up frequently because the mask frame seemed to irritate my ears and my face in spite of adjusting it. I didn't like the way the pillows fit my nose - they just didn't seem soft to me.

The swivel hose on the Airfit P10 did bother me at first. I was used to both the Swift LT and the Swift FX and the idea of 'no swivel' really bothered me. However, decided to give it a try anyway. I took pad-a-cheek strap covers from the Swift FX and put them on the Airfit P10 to eliminate strap marks on the cheeks.

Of the 4 masks that I have tried since I was diagnosed in 2009, the Airfit P10 is the most comfortable. The lack of an official swivel hose is no longer an issue. The Airfit P10 hose is really lightweight and it just seems to follow my body movements while sleeping as if it was a swivel hose.

The only issue I've had is that once in a while my insulin pump gets tangled up with the hose from the cpap machine. I don't consider that a big deal.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 08:41 PM)eviltim Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 11:09 AM)Galactus Wrote: I just saw this review thread, and have posted in the main area on another like it. I am just wondering if anyone out there using the P10 has also used the nuance pro, I'd love to know how they stack up to each other. I am specifically wondering about the lack of a swivel hose on the front of the P10 vs the Nuance pro. If anyone out there has used both I hope they will come by and impart some experience.

I have and I find the AirFit superior in every way.

(02-28-2014, 07:41 PM)GrammaBear Wrote:

I'm not sure if my experience with the two masks will be of interest to you. I used the Nuance for about 3 weeks before I happened to read on this forum about the Airfit P10. I paid for the Nuance out of pocket but wasn't particularly impressed with it. I don't think it is a bad mask, it just didn't suit me very well. Every night I wore it, I would wake up frequently because the mask frame seemed to irritate my ears and my face in spite of adjusting it. I didn't like the way the pillows fit my nose - they just didn't seem soft to me.

The swivel hose on the Airfit P10 did bother me at first. I was used to both the Swift LT and the Swift FX and the idea of 'no swivel' really bothered me. However, decided to give it a try anyway. I took pad-a-cheek strap covers from the Swift FX and put them on the Airfit P10 to eliminate strap marks on the cheeks.

Of the 4 masks that I have tried since I was diagnosed in 2009, the Airfit P10 is the most comfortable. The lack of an official swivel hose is no longer an issue. The Airfit P10 hose is really lightweight and it just seems to follow my body movements while sleeping as if it was a swivel hose.

The only issue I've had is that once in a while my insulin pump gets tangled up with the hose from the cpap machine. I don't consider that a big deal.

Thanks so much for the great information, just what I wanted to know and from people that have used them both. Most excellent information indeed and thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions directly.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, some more nights in with the P10 and have also tried the different sizes.

I think I can now explain the difference in how the P10 and the Q behave for me when I have congestion in one side. I found that the P10 with the Large pillows worked as well as the Q for those cases. It looks like the size of the cones are about the same between these 2. However, after using the Large pillows, I find I don't like the Mediums - I find the amount of resistance to be higher now and feel like there is not enough air. I'm sure it's just a sensitivity thing as they were fine before I tried the Large.

I can't use the Small pillows at all.

I do find that I am getting a bit of irritation with the Large - similar to what I get with the Q. So again, most likely due to the cone size.

I really like both of these masks and would be hard pressed to choose which is better. Both are great for side sleeping and moving around. Both are very quiet to the point of not being sure the machine is on and at times you can forget you are wearing them.
Q - I like the headgear better, I like the wrap around pillow that keeps it nicely in place with the strap being quite loose
P10 - lighter and I like that the short hose is quite long and very flexible

I do own the Q and my supplier only has the sample P10 for now, so on Thursday I'll be returning it and likely stick with the Q for now. It will be a hard decision when I'm up for a new mask. I do still need to figure out a back up mask for allergy season - hoping to try out a Sleepweaver Anew if I can get my hands on a trial.
Post Reply Post Reply
In my 6 wks of CPAP use, I have used the Eson, the Airfit P10 and the Quattro Air. By far my favourite is the Airfit P10. No leaks, no noise, great fit and I can use my reading glasses with it. The only problem is I have to use a chinstrap (I use a tensor bandage) and this morning my AHI was 0.0!
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job on the 0.0 -- that's fun!

Too bad about needing the chip strap. The P10 is even more comfortable when you can just pull it on and off and be done.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, last night was not fun with the P10. I woke up many times and had to adjust the pillows - either leaks or blocking air due to partial collapse of pillow.

I guess I've been doing this other nights and not remembering as my wife commented on it this morning. When I mentioned it to her, she said "I don't know why you think you like that mask as you are always having to adjust it". I guess it wasn't waking me up enough to remember, but it was waking her enough.

Seems like the Large pillows work better for airflow, but the Medium pillows are the better size for fit on my nostrils. Maybe the medium with an increase in pressure might work.

I think I'll be returning it on Thursday and sticking with the Pilairo Q.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best thing I have found is to just LEAVE IT ALONE unless there are actually excessive leaks (which are obvious.)

It takes some discipline, but usually messing with it makes it worse or doesn't help much.

If I must mess with it, I basically PRESS on the upper lip piece (sort of flattening it to my upper lip area) OR I adjust the straps a little center the pressure and pillows.

It tooks a few days to accept this but with this method there are almost no significant leaks and it remains mostly comfortable.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
First night with the the AirFit P 10 for women, really like the mask, very comfortable, good fit with the small pillows, no leaks, and very light.
Problem for me is the straps are too tight, I like a looser fit.

Was wondering if any one knows if the straps for men are longer?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-05-2014, 10:21 AM)pumpkln Wrote: First night with the the AirFit P 10 for women, really like the mask, very comfortable, good fit with the small pillows, no leaks, and very light.
Problem for me is the straps are too tight, I like a looser fit.

Was wondering if any one knows if the straps for men are longer?

Have you tried adjusting the placement of the straps on the AirFit P10? I also have the one for women and how I place the straps on my head has a definite influence on how snug or loose they fit me. YMMV (your mileage may vary). Good Luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,299 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,153 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,001 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,032 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.