Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
readyforsleep - I've seen many women on other forums that are using the P10 successfully. We wondered about differences between the regular and the 'for her' versions. It comes with a different set of pillow sizes (something like taking out the Large and adding the XSmall), but other than the colour, the headgear seems to be the same size.

As for the Pilairo, did you try the Pilairo Q version? The Q is an improved version with a better air diffuser and it comes with a second set of headgear that is adjustable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the P10 for a few days now. Last night was a very successful night for me. I do have to use a chinstrap to control leaks, so I put that on first. Then I put on the P10. The extra bulk, or the fabric, of the chinstrap encouraged the P10 to stay put very well all night. The chinstrap encouraged my mouth to stay put all night.

As a result I got a wonderful nights sleep, 95% leakage of 15 (which for me is dynamite), and a zero ahi, which doesn't happen very often.

I would like some input as to how often, as in weeks, months, years, everyone is changing their pillows (HERB, You're being cued here!). Somewhere I read you should change them every two weeks. That's more often than I change my socks, so that's not likely to happen.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke with my DME this morning regarding my most recent order. The lady I spoke with said that since the new healthcare plan went into effect, they are being very careful to have everything 'coded' just right or their claim for payment from Medicare and other insurance companies will be denied.

I was originally told to change the nasal pillows every two weeks, however I try to stretch that out a little longer. I also try to be sure I place my order for supplies on time, but there is always a long space of time between when I place the order and when I actually get the order.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am 61 days into the P10 -- with 2 days off to test the Innomed Hybrid.

I certainly used the small pillows for at least half the nights (30+) and wouldn't even be wondering about changing them if you guys weren't talking and asking about them.

Pugsy (one of the most knowledgeable people) on the other forum says she sometimes goes months as well on one set of pillows.

There is certainly no NEED to change mine at the moment. AHI 0.1 or thereabouts the last couple of nights, AHI 0.4 the last 7 days, 0.6 the last 30 days -- so if anything it is getting SLIGHTLY better (but realistically this is all within my normal variance.) For comparison my sleep study was 49.

A note that most people probably don't know about nasal pillows:

IF you can leave them ALONE, in one place, and not "fiddle" with them they fit better, work better, and hurt less.

My small pillows irritate my nose exactly once (or twice) per night: When I remove them they are about half as bad as pulling off a decent band-aid. During the night they are completely without discomfort but I do my best to follow the "No Fiddling" rule and thus there is VERY LITTLE rubbing or other abrasion.

I set them and leave them alone. Obvious this rubs my NOSE less but it probably puts less wear and tear on the pillow.

The only cleaning I do is to rinse them under hot water almost every morning, or a VERY occasional vinegar bath.

Leaving the pillows alone may be as difficult (at first) as "not scratching an itch" but if you can get to that point then my suspicion is that ALL PILLOWS will work and feel better.

It's like new or tight shoes: If you don't walk around and let them rub then you don't get blisters. For shoes the PURPOSE is to walk (usually) but for the pillows, if you don't move them they don't cause problems.

I get essentially no leaks: 0 median, 9 95th percentile, and my max leak for 30 days is only 20.

By not tolerating wind in my face or flutter from the cones in my nose or whistling noise problems, and otherwise not fiddling problems seldom arise anyway.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Just received my airfit p10 for her. LOVE IT! Very quiet. Interestingly,
early in the night I must have had leaks? My ahi was 25? I have no recollection.

felt like I was sleeping like a baby.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
AirFit P10.
I had to open my mouth to see if it was working it was so quite and I could not feel any air coming out. I just put it on when I sit on my bed o need to see what I am doing. I have the pink one (for her) The fit is very good and I don't wake up because the mask is in the pillow. I can move no problem I sleep on my back and sides during the night.
I use "micropore tape" to keep my mouth closed,I just double fold it on one side for easy removal in the morning.
I had chinstrap but it kept moving.

And I Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 06:41 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Just received my airfit p10 for her. LOVE IT! Very quiet. Interestingly,
early in the night I must have had leaks? My ahi was 25? I have no recollection.

I also have just started my airfit P10 but waking with headaches etc, can you tell me what ahi means? I will try my chinstrap and see if that helps.Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 06:53 PM)libbyau Wrote: AirFit P10.
I had to open my mouth to see if it was working it was so quite and I could not feel any air coming out. ...
And I Sleep-well

YES!!! I was doing THAT all the time at first, and still do it sometimes just to prove that there is actually air pressure.

Glad you liked the P10 mask.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 08:20 PM)Bowen Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 06:41 AM)readyforsleep Wrote: Just received my airfit p10 for her. LOVE IT! Very quiet. Interestingly,

I also have just started my airfit P10 but waking with headaches etc, can you tell me what ahi means? I will try my chinstrap and see if that helps.Oh-jeez

AHI == Apnia/Hypopnea Index.

The number of "events" (obstructive, hypopnea/reduced breathing, and clear airway) PER HOUR.

An AHI of 5 or less is considered "treated". Great is considered a diagnosis of apnea or that treatment is not (yet) effective.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 08:20 PM)Bowen Wrote: I also have just started my airfit P10 but waking with headaches etc, can you tell me what ahi means? I will try my chinstrap and see if that helps.Oh-jeez

It would be better to ask these questions in the main forum.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,699 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,307 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,160 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,016 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,827 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,077 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,041 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.