Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
Rsprods, I'm a little confused.

You have the Airfit P10 and the Airfit N10? And you also use the full face mask the Airfit F10?

This is the review thread for the P10. If you have used the N10, then feel free to start a new thread on your experience with the N10. No one has yet and it would be great for you to share your experience with it! The same goes for the F10, actually.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2014, 10:02 AM)herbm Wrote: If you can use the N10 (nasal) why not just use the P10 pillow?

Mustache should be as little or less trouble than the nasal I bet.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried - and liked - the P10 but the non-adjustable headgear was a little too snug...
(05-07-2014, 10:50 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Rsprods, I'm a little confused.

You have the Airfit P10 and the Airfit N10? And you also use the full face mask the Airfit F10?

This is the review thread for the P10. If you have used the N10, then feel free to start a new thread on your experience with the N10. No one has yet and it would be great for you to share your experience with it! The same goes for the F10, actually.

Will do!
ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
ResMed S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
ResMed Swift FX™ Nasal Pillow Mask
TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece

Post Reply Post Reply
Regarding adjusting headgear for the P10 should it be needed, this may help: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...2#pid70282

This comment is not a review, but I hope the mods will be happy for the link to be included as it addresses the most raised review issue through a diy approach, and readers of the thread may not be aware of it.
Post Reply Post Reply
And the strap being too tight is much more easily correctable than it being too lose -- up to a point.

It is apparently DESIGNED to stretch. Try stretching it.

Of course the idea of cutting it and adding velcro, works just as well with making it larger as with making it smaller.

If the P10 is close, and you really can't use it -- then try the F & P Pilairo Q nasal pillow mask.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2014, 10:19 AM)herbm Wrote: If the P10 is close, and you really can't use it -- then try the F & P Pilairo Q nasal pillow mask.

Thanks, will find out when I get the P10. I have trouble finding hats that fit, so I I might need to readjust the P10, or stretch it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Visitor, you might do better if you pick a unique screen name and register along with your Machine type and such, to get better help.

The key to ANY pillow mask is that you must be able to do 2 things:

1) Breathe through your nose
2) Keep your mouth shut to avoid leaks (possibly with strap or tape)

With the P10 we must add in the extra caveat of getting the head gear to fit.

8 out of 10 people who CAN do #1 and #2 like the P10 best. 1 out of 10 has to modify it or thinks something like the Pilairo is as good or better. The 10th person can't use the P10 or otherwise doesn't care for it.

This is an amazing testimonial to any mask, but it still leaves that no mask is perfect for everyone.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi herbm,

I'll see if I can change my screen name (ETA: that does not seem to be possible?). I have only been diagnosed last week (second sleep test) and now have a prescription for an APAP. I will probably collect it today. So, I didn't fill in my APAP yet as I wanted to be sure. Looks like it will be the Breas i20. Once I'm sure, I'll update. Many thanks. All this is very helpful and I'm determined to try out the P10. I'll have to order it online as my supplier does not seem to have it here, but I'm ok starting out with their masks as I need to get this treatment started asap (feeling terrible). I'm thinking of picking a full face mask, as I sometimes get a severely blocked nose, so it might not be bad to have a backup for that situation (only when I have a serious head cold). But I'm convinced I want to start out with a nasal pillow type mask. I just can't get it that fast here. The only other option will be a nasal mask.

I regularly get one side of my nose blocked when I sleep, which changes sides when I turn over. But I hope that using the APAP will end up keeping both passages clear. If not, I may switch to another solution. But I intend to start from what seems best in general and work my way down according to need.

Hmm, just noticed I'm upgraded to a preferred member. Not sure what that means. Is it because I have more than 20 posts?

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2014, 06:47 AM)Visitor Wrote: Hi herbm,

I'll see if I can change my screen name

If you really want to do that send a pm to Supersleeper. He can fix you up with that. But Visitor is kind of catchy so don't change it unless you want to.

(05-26-2014, 06:47 AM)Visitor Wrote: I'm thinking of picking a full face mask, as I sometimes get a severely blocked nose, so it might not be bad to have a backup for that situation (only when I have a serious head cold). But I'm convinced I want to start out with a nasal pillow type mask. I just can't get it that fast here. The only other option will be a nasal mask.

That's just exactly what I did. I doubt that I'll ever use my nasal masks again but I might use my face mask again in a pinch.

(05-26-2014, 06:47 AM)Visitor Wrote: I regularly get one side of my nose blocked when I sleep, which changes sides when I turn over. But I hope that using the APAP will end up keeping both passages clear. If not, I may switch to another solution. But I intend to start from what seems best in general and work my way down according to need.

Good plan. I found that the pillows mask do a great job of keeping my nosie clear. One of the nicer benefits of the mask.

(05-26-2014, 06:47 AM)Visitor Wrote: Hmm, just noticed I'm upgraded to a preferred member. Not sure what that means. Is it because I have more than 20 posts?

Yep. That's because we like you around here. You came here, told us about yourself, asked questions where you felt you needed some opinions, and are taking the action steps to improve your new way of life. That's what this place is all about. Now you will be able to help a whole new generation of excited cpap users.

Besides, you have more than 20 posts.

Post Reply Post Reply
Bought a nasal mask as they didn't have the P10. I'll quit commenting in this thread now as it's really for P10 reviews. Trying out the BREAS for the first time tonight.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually "Visitor" is a perfectly fine screen name -- I incorrectly though it was some sort of generic name the board had assigned.

We can know YOU as "Visitor" just fine. The works just as well as "retired_guy" or "sleepster" etc.

The real key was getting your info into the profile so people can see what you are using etc.

Good luck with the machine though *I* have no idea what that is.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,715 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,312 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,165 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,030 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,837 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,091 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,046 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.